TUF 25 winner Jesse Taylor released from the UFC...again

Defo a shame in a way as while Jesse wasn't super exciting, he had a great story and it was nice to see him get some redemption. Same time the drug test fail put a damper on that. Surprised that they cut him.

For them to do this, to actually cut me, I think that’s some Nazi sh-t. I think it’s pretty crazy. They’re crucifying people at the stake that are innocent. And that’s when you gotta speak up, you gotta say, ‘Hey, there’s something wrong here.’”

Settle down Jesse, they cut you because you’re not an exciting fighter.

and dana was disgusted with jesses antics....fucking hypocrite
Beyond disgusted even.
I was honestly surprised he ever made it back to the UFC, i remember Dana losing his mind over it all worried it would tarnish the UFC's image.

I used to think that way too. But at the end of the day, It’s business.

There is no business purpose to keeping guys like Jesse Taylor or Filthy Tom. If it was a guy that makes them money and would be a difference maker elsewhere like Machida or Jon or Anderson I get it. Doing it to Small time guys is bullshit.

There is no business purpose to keeping guys like Jesse Taylor or Filthy Tom. If it was a guy that makes them money and would be a difference maker elsewhere like Machida or Jon or Anderson I get it. Doing it to Small time guys is bullshit.
Let me throw a scenario at you. UFC Fighter is unhappy with his contract,(imagine that right?) he purposefully ingests banned substances and gets suspended. How smart would it be for the ufc to let ANYBODY out of their contract that has been suspended knowing that the guy could be jobbing the system. I get it. It sucks but they have to do it. Guys would be doing this left and right to get out of their contracts if they didn’t.

Let me throw a scenario at you. UFC Fighter is unhappy with his contract,(imagine that right?) he purposefully ingests banned substances and gets suspended. How smart would it be for the ufc to let ANYBODY out of their contract that has been suspended knowing that the guy could be jobbing the system. I get it. It sucks but they have to do it. Guys would be doing this left and right to get out of their contracts if they didn’t.

Beyond the fact that I don’t think anyone would do that, holding a guy till his suspension is over and then releasing him, he is still released and out of his contract. Your scenario only makes sense if the UFC was making popped fighters fight out their deals.

I always like JT and thought he was a very solid fighter. Some good match ups for him, he shouldn't have been cut makes no sense.

Back