TUF 25 Prediction Contest!

Leaderboard update!

If I missed anyone let me know. We're getting close! I think this will come down to the finale for SBH to slip... :D
But i'm not sure how we approach next week. I'm thinking a pass because I really don't think Krause makes it.

@Shoot Boxe Hero 10-0
@FlamingSamurai 9-1
@Vulkkan 9-1
@waiguoren 8-1
@CountOfSoCal 8-2
@beefcake180 8-2
@Jamah 8-2
@Rhood 7-2
@ChefC 7-3
@Drake 7-4
@esum80 5-1
@Pixelated / @Chramelated 4-1
@phantomlord 3-0
@goodfella69 3-0
@right hand lead 3-0
@wwkirk 3-1
@JohnBergman85 2-1
@eLPaquenio 2-1
@Crisemma 2-3
@Thesnake101 2-3
@The_Renaissance 1-0
@Sage NorthGOAT 1-0
@Turkleton 1-0
@Threetrees 1-0
@Iwontmakepromises 1-0
@GusLost 1-3

Then why is Taylor preparing in Team Garbrandt's training room next episode?

I think we should pick Krause vs Taylor and otherwise it's just a bye because we won't know who the matchup is, some in red team could submit Taylor so it's not really fair to pick against the whole team.

As far as next week goes we could make a prediction for JT vs Krause and if Krause is out make it a bye week. Or you can list everyone on Cody's team and make your prediction of JT vs each of them. Not sure, your call bro.

I think we should make conditional picks for next week. Just pick Taylor v. Krause and Taylor v. everyone on Garbrandt's team.
Oh shit! I like it!

Then why is Taylor preparing in Team Garbrandt's training room next episode?
TJ painted the rooms the same, remember?

The last fight before the finals! Who advances?

It's Taylor vs Krause! (& if not Krause...Taylor vs any of Team Garbrandt so make picks for all possibilities!)

giphy.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Taylor vs Krause = Taylor UD

Taylor vs any of Team Garbrandt = Taylor RD1 Sub

JT$ WILL BE REDEEMED.

Double points for the next round and the finals?

Give some of the losers a chance?

Man yall really don't want me to win. That's fine, but make it interesting for me too since I've earned my spot. If I win give that salty loser @waiguoren dubz for calling me a cheater.

Last edited:
Man yall really don't want me to win. That's fine, but make it interesting for me too since I've earned my spot. If I win give that salty loser @waiguoren dubz for calling me a cheater.
I didn't accuse you. You asked me directly if I thought you had inside info giving you an advantage. Should I have lied and said no?

I didn't accuse you. You asked me directly if I thought you had inside info giving you an advantage. Should I have lied and said no?

Bro you made a post about people having inside info, which for a contest like this would be the same as cheating. It was obvious you were talking about me since I'm the only one with perfect picks and when I responded you said yea you think I'm cheating. If not for 1 fight you'd have perfect picks and I'd be down one, would you like it if I then said I thought you were cheating?

It isn't even like the 1 fight I got different from you was some giant upset where I was the only person who picked the winner. Lima-Smith was a virtual toss up and it was shown not just in the fight but in the almost dead even picks on here.

Bro you made a post about people having inside info, which for a contest like this would be the same as cheating. It was obvious you were talking about me since I'm the only one with perfect picks and when I responded you said yea you think I'm cheating. If not for 1 fight you'd have perfect picks and I'd be down one, would you like it if I then said I thought you were cheating?

It isn't even like the 1 fight I got different from you was some giant upset where I was the only person who picked the winner. Lima-Smith was a virtual toss up and it was shown not just in the fight but in the almost dead even picks on here.

I made a post saying that the finale fights should be counted in our contest since their outcomes are not pre-determined. I never called you out. That's not my style. But since you then asked me directly if I thought you were cheating, I responded honestly.

It seems you are overly sensitive about this issue. I wonder why.

Anyway, there's no point in discussing this since no one's mind will be changed by it. However, I will advocate strongly for the finale fights getting extra weight.

I don't understand why next week's fight should be given extra weight, but I believe strongly that the finale fight(s) should counted for at least three points each. These fights are not pre-determined so it's impossible to know the outcome in advance.

I made a post saying that the finale fights should be counted in our contest since their outcomes are not pre-determined. I never called you out. That's not my style. But since you then asked me directly if I thought you were cheating, I responded honestly.

It seems you are overly sensitive about this issue. I wonder why.

Anyway, there's no point in discussing this since no one's mind will be changed by it. However, I will advocate strongly for the finale fights getting extra weight.

Overly sensitive? Hardly. This is a friendly little competition and then you want to be a pathetic prick and call people cheaters. You had perfect picks too for a long ass time and everything was all fine, but the second you got 1 pick wrong you decide "oh well since I'm no longer perfect this guy must be a cheater".

Last edited:

Side note: I knew that the week I got Hassan's first fight wrong..that you'd pull ahead of me haha I was just thinking "There's no way I'm beating him at this point."

Good competition so far, I can honestly say you were amazing with your picks! :)

Side note: I knew that the week I got Hassan's first fight wrong..that you'd pull ahead of me haha I was just thinking "There's no way I'm beating him at this point."

Good competition so far, I can honestly say you were amazing with your picks! :)

There is still a chance for you to win bro, especially since these last fights will apparently count for double the points.

And thanks for that! I agree the competition has been tough. You'd think with a 10-0 score I'd be easily in the clear, but even without the double points there are still some people who could catch up or even beat me if I don't get these next fights right.

Honestly the only reason my picks have been so on point for this is because I know all these guys. I've seen every TUF (except for a few foreign ones) so I've watched all their previous performances and most of these guys have been around in the UFC for several fights so I'm already aware of their strengths and weaknesses. If this was a regular TUF season there would be just a few fighters I know and plenty of new ones I've never seen so it would be much harder.

Overly sensitive? Hardly. This is a friendly little competition and then you want to be a pathetic prick and call people cheaters. You had perfect picks too for a long ass time and everything was all fine, but the second you got 1 pick wrong you decide "oh well since I'm no longer perfect this guy must be a cheater".
You are really funny. I took the high road, didn't call you out. I doubt I'm the only one with suspicions. You asked, I answered. Seems like you were looking for an excuse to lose control of your temper.

You are really funny. I took the high road, didn't call you out. I doubt I'm the only one with suspicions. You asked, I answered. Seems like you were looking for an excuse to lose control of your temper.

You didn't have to call me out, it was blatantly obvious who you were talking about. How is calling foul and saying people are cheating as soon as you get 1 wrong pick "taking the high road"?

Why would I be looking to lose my temper? Everyone was having fun and enjoying themselves, but as soon as you took a hit you decided to get all butthurt and claim the competition isn't fair and I must be cheating.

Last edited:
I don't understand why next week's fight should be given extra weight, but I believe strongly that the finale fight(s) should counted for at least three points each. These fights are not pre-determined so it's impossible to know the outcome in advance.
Hmmm...this is a great point actually. I think I like this better & will go with it. Any objections from anyone, let me know.

Hmmm...this is a great point actually. I think I like this better & will go with it. Any objections from anyone, let me know.
Yeah, it just makes more sense.

This is how we'll officially close out the season:

Next week for the semis, episode 12, we will be making picks for Jesse Taylor vs James Krause & Jesse Taylor vs everyone on Team Garbrandt(not all at the same time, dummy! :p ). The fight that ends up taking place will only be a single pointer. For the finale, the finals(Lima vs TBD) will be worth 3 points & the other fight between TUF 25ers will be worth 2 points(I assume this will be between the semis losers but that's just my guess). Along with that, we will pick the main event between Michael Johnson & Justin Gaethje which will also be worth 3 points. So if you predict each fight correct from here on out you'll close out with the addition of 9 points. LET'S GO, BOYZZZ :D

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how we'll officially close out the season:

Next week for the semis, episode 12, we will be making picks for Jesse Taylor vs James Krause & Jesse Taylor vs everyone on Team Garbrandt(not all at the same time, dummy! :p ). The fight that ends up taking place will only be a single pointer. For the finale, the finals(Lima vs TBD) will be worth 3 points & the other fight between TUF 25ers will be worth 2 points(I assume this will be between the semis losers but that's just my guess). Along with that, we will pick the main event between Michael Johnson & Justin Gaethje which will also be worth 3 points. So if you predict each fight correct from here on out you'll close out with the addition of 9 points. LET'S GO, BOYZZZ :D

giphy.gif

oh shit, this is getting interesting...

Back