TUF 21: American Top Team vs Blackzillians

i'm definitely interested, but i've always watched TUF anyway. A little disappointed the idea might get buried on FightPass, but I'm guessing it isn't aimed at a wide audience.

Not sold on it as "TUF 21" and it hasn't been confirmed anywhere. More likely this is like a side-show "TUF Nations" or "TUF Smashes" kind of thing.

I like it, probably be on Fight pass. Doesnt take fighters out of action for part of the year. Just depends on what they do. is it a house like TUF or will it just focus on gym stuff and maybe have cameras follow guys to their home?

Cause thats more interesting to me if they do it like a primetime with each episode focusing on the two fighters fighting that day. Their daily lives.

Then they fight at the end of the episode. Will be watching.

This is a great freaking idea, and it can scale.

It's like a televised local circuit tournament, winner(s) get a shot in UFC.

It builds fan recognition. Gives opportunity for local fighters to get exposure.

No need to create any drama, there is natural (and likely healthy, not fabricated) rivalry between camps.

Hopefully they don't fluff it as much as TUF.

10/10 would watch.

What other camps could they pair up?

The idea is cool.
But how on earth are they going to make a season based on guys fighting at those camps? Neither camp will have 8 decent guys at the same weight-class, who aren't already fighting for the UFC, Bellator, etc.

My guess, as I stated in another thread...

They work out which weight-class or classes, has the most numbers at each camp...they pick the best 8 or 4 and have a draft system where guys fighting at different camps sign up for TUF and get picked by each camp to complete the teams.

If they use ONLY ATT and Blackzilians guys, we're gonna have some real jobbers involved. Guys with 4-4 records etc.

If they want to make a good season, they need to draft in guys who aren't training at either camp to complete each team.

The idea is cool.
But how on earth are they going to make a season based on guys fighting at those camps? Neither camp will have 8 decent guys at the same weight-class, who aren't already fighting for the UFC, Bellator, etc.

My guess, as I stated in another thread...

They work out which weight-class or classes, has the most numbers at each camp...they pick the best 8 or 4 and have a draft system where guys fighting at different camps sign up for TUF and get picked by each camp to complete the teams.

If they use ONLY ATT and Blackzilians guys, we're gonna have some real jobbers involved. Guys with 4-4 records etc.

If they want to make a good season, they need to draft in guys who aren't training at either camp to complete each team.

I don't know, I had a quick scout and if they did it the same format as TUF Nations (2 weight classes & each team has 4 fighters per weight class) there could be enough prospects. I was struggling a bit on the Blackzilians team, mainly because the sherdog lister doesn't list blackzilians team members!

I came up with a series for Welterweights & Bantamweights.

American Top Team
Steve Montgomery (8-2) WW
Hayder Hassan (6-1) WW
Michel Quinones (5-1) WW
Michael Graves (4-0) WW

Sirwan Kakai (11-2) BW
Andrew Whitney (10-3) BW
Adi Alic (4-0) BW
Marcelo Castaneda (4-0) BW

Blackzilians
Felipe Portela (8-2) WW
Kamarudeen Usman (5-1) WW
Andrews Nakahara (4-2) WW

Andre Soukhamthath (8-2) BW
Irwing Rivera (2-0) BW

Let me know if anyone comes up with any more BW's or WW's for Blackzilians.

I like it. Camp vs camp is a pretty cool idea.

Best way to do this, as previously stated, is 2 weight classes with 4 fighters in each from each camp

I really like it and will star watching tuf again if they do this.

I like it, probably be on Fight pass. Doesnt take fighters out of action for part of the year. Just depends on what they do. is it a house like TUF or will it just focus on gym stuff and maybe have cameras follow guys to their home?

Cause thats more interesting to me if they do it like a primetime with each episode focusing on the two fighters fighting that day. Their daily lives.

Then they fight at the end of the episode. Will be watching.

You mean like the live season? That was brutal on the contestants. Didn't they say they're not doing that again?

I don't know, I had a quick scout and if they did it the same format as TUF Nations (2 weight classes & each team has 4 fighters per weight class) there could be enough prospects. I was struggling a bit on the Blackzilians team, mainly because the sherdog lister doesn't list blackzilians team members!

I came up with a series for Welterweights & Bantamweights.

American Top Team
Steve Montgomery (8-2) WW
Hayder Hassan (6-1) WW
Michel Quinones (5-1) WW
Michael Graves (4-0) WW

Sirwan Kakai (11-2) BW
Andrew Whitney (10-3) BW
Adi Alic (4-0) BW
Marcelo Castaneda (4-0) BW

Blackzilians
Felipe Portela (8-2) WW
Kamarudeen Usman (5-1) WW
Andrews Nakahara (4-2) WW

Andre Soukhamthath (8-2) BW
Irwing Rivera (2-0) BW

Let me know if anyone comes up with any more BW's or WW's for Blackzilians.

Yeah, I had that problem when I was scanning fight-finder for Blackzilians!

I guess they could do it that way, more likely.

Back