TUF 20: Episode 9 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

Are Rory and Randa from the same parts of Canada? They talk the same way.

try to follow along, i picked randa to win, but as i said in my post, if she wanted to train, FINE. but the coaches called for a vote, a vote was had, and randa lost. NOW, if she wanted to train, and she was going to stay away from felice, that's cool, but go talk to her. that's why they were calling her a coward because she didn't even speak to them about it.

people who expect you to read their minds piss me off to no end. i failed mind reading in college and no one should have the attitude of "well i was only going to do x" when they don't communicate that to the other party. some women do this frequently, and i call them out on it the exact same way, "sorry, i got a D- in mind reading in college."

no one should have the attitude that you need to read their mind, no one should be that selfish. if she wanted to train, bring felice aside and ask her if it's cool. felice is a cool girl, i'm pretty sure she would have said yes.

that's the problem i have with her, not that she wanted to train, but how she handled it, i've known women like this before and they are IMPOSSIBLE to reason with.
The problem is that this is an individual sport and thus there really isn't a team. Even Dana has said as much himself. Thus this isn't some democracy where the other "team members" votes should have a negative impact on another fighters training. Could she have brought that up during the little pow wow that they had? Probably, but I don't have any issue with her not going along with it even after the vote didn't go her way.

Are Rory and Randa from the same parts of Canada? They talk the same way.

Randa is from Windsor Ontario (you cross a bridge and get to detroit), Rory is from British Columbia (which borders Washington State).

Randa is from Windsor Ontario (you cross a bridge and get to detroit), Rory is from British Columbia (which borders Washington State).

Ok guess not haha.

Another thing about blaming the production, who has blamed the production and then turned out to be completely different from the show?

I'm asking that as an honest question. The only guys who've looked bad on camera for the most part that I can remember stayed true to that or became more mature over the years.

Leben after getting semi-sober turned out much different, but before that he was getting into a lot of trouble. Kos has been the same throughout his career although a bit less immature.

War Machine... well we know how he turned out. Junie Browning, another dude with lots of issues.

Diego Brandao being really aggressive and kind of kooky.

Now obviously these TUF castmates are nowhere near those levels of craziness that some were, but the general premise remains to be true that the camera doesn't really portray complete opposites (again from what I remember from other seasons). I haven't seen all the seasons (seen most) and I can't really think of too many fighter who right off the show were completely different in the media and how they appear on camera.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just caught the replay, I'm telling you guys I'm getting way too into this. I was pacing the room like a fucking animal before the fight, because if anybody other than Randa Markos won, I was going to flip shit.

War Randa, for the record.

Ok guess not haha.

Another thing about blaming the production, who has blamed the production and then turned out to be completely different from the show?

I'm asking that as an honest question. The only guys who've looked bad on camera for the most part that I can remember stayed true to that or became more mature over the years.

Leben after getting semi-sober turned out much different, but before that he was getting into a lot of trouble. Kos has been the same throughout his career although a bit less immature.

War Machine... well we know how he turned out. Junie Browning, another dude with lots of issues.

Now obviously these TUF castmates are nowhere near those levels of craziness that some were, but the general premise remains to be true that the camera doesn't really portray complete opposites (again from what I remember from other seasons). I haven't seen all the seasons (seen most) and I can't really think of too many fighter who right off the show were completely different in the media and how they appear on camera.

This. Well put.

Randa is actually from Iraq, which, despite leaving when she was 3, probalby has a pretty big effect on how she talks too.

if she said no, THEN you do it anyways!

but you don't expect people to read your mind, you communicate, it's not complex, it's how we all get along in our daily lives without people wanting to brain us with a hammer.

Randa probably could have handled it better, either by more loudly voicing her objection when they had the team meeting, or by going to the other girls first and saying, "Look, I know I said I was OK with it, but I'm really not. I'd like to work something out where I can still train twice a day and I'll stay away from you guys." Sure, she could have done that and maybe she should have. The fact that she didn't handle it perfectly, especially in light of the fact that it seemed like Carla, Felice and Penne kind of railroaded the whole thing from the start, most certainly doesn't excuse the fact that Carla and Felice reacted like children, screaming at her in the van and then playing the patty-cake thing, etc. And then to go on and on about how Randa "always has something to say" when the two of them wouldn't shut up about her, I just don't see how anyone can think they didn't come across horribly. Randa handled a difficult situation less than ideally. They handled a difficult situation like junior high mean girls.

Grow up, up to this episode I had wonder why there was so much heat on Felice, and had actually liked her.

Same here. My wife had commented that she expected Felice to be the villain this season (despite not knowing anything about her before the first episode) only to be blown away by how horrible Angela was and how generally laid back Felice seemed when she wasn't hanging her underwear on the wall. I'd still much rather be stuck in an elevator with Felice than Angela, but this was more in line with what I was expecting. I was surprised by Carla, though.

Ok guess not haha.

Mitrione might have had the biggest positive swing in terms of my impressions of him on the show versus what I think of him now.

The problem is that this is an individual sport and thus there really isn't a team. Even Dana has said as much himself. Thus this isn't some democracy where the other "team members" votes should have a negative impact on another fighters training. Could she have brought that up during the little pow wow that they had? Probably, but I don't have any issue with her not going along with it even after the vote didn't go her way.

it doesn't matter, you should respect the other fighters at least as much as not expecting them to read your mind. if the coaches called a vote, then that's it, you respect the outcome. if you don't like the outcome or think it's unfair, be a freaking adult and address the issue. what randa did was rude and uncalled for.

Randa probably could have handled it better, either by more loudly voicing her objection when they had the team meeting, or by going to the other girls first and saying, "Look, I know I said I was OK with it, but I'm really not. I'd like to work something out where I can still train twice a day and I'll stay away from you guys." Sure, she could have done that and maybe she should have. The fact that she didn't handle it perfectly, especially in light of the fact that it seemed like Carla, Felice and Penne kind of railroaded the whole thing from the start, most certainly doesn't excuse the fact that Carla and Felice reacted like children, screaming at her in the van and then playing the patty-cake thing, etc. And then to go on and on about how Randa "always has something to say" when the two of them wouldn't shut up about her, I just don't see how anyone can think they didn't come across horribly. Randa handled a difficult situation less than ideally. They handled a difficult situation like junior high mean girls.

Same here. My wife had commented that she expected Felice to be the villain this season (despite not knowing anything about her before the first episode) only to be blown away by how horrible Angela was and how generally laid back Felice seemed when she wasn't hanging her underwear on the wall. I'd still much rather be stuck in an elevator with Felice than Angela, but this was more in line with what I was expecting. I was surprised by Carla, though.

i would have been pissed at randa too, that was completely out of line.

Stupid college basketball went long and messed up my recording and i totally didnt even see the fight.. i dont even know who won.

Stupid college basketball went long and messed up my recording and i totally didnt even see the fight.. i dont even know who won.

Randa won by armbar. Somewhere is this thread are videos and gifs. It didn't last long.

Back