TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 8 Discussion

Damn Mike looked good in the first round and it looked like Eddie was gonna gas out but he caught a second wind and rallied back. Close fight, that eye poke was nasty though..

I'm a fan of Dana... but it's blatantly obvious that he's never been in a fight. Boring? Sure, but that's what happens when two fighters are VERY EVENLY matched. I scored the first two rounds for King, but it was close. The other dude "won" the 3rd because of takedowns that did ZERO damage. A double KO next week would be very satisfying :redface:
Never been in a fight is a great assessment

It's nice for Dana to say they should go for the finish. But what do you get when you go for the finish and leave your-self exposed and get KTFO? Nothing. Does Dana give you $$$? Nope. Does he give you another chance? Nope.

I hate boring fights as much as the next person but alot of the times "going for it" leaves you with a 50/50 chance of getting KTFO. Unless you are a much better fighter than your opponent, you do what you gotta do to advance. You use the rules to your advantages, you play to your strengths. Doing anything else is stupid.

"I lost my first fight in the house;I was eliminated from the show, and I got my face broken by a counter punch because I left it exposed swinging for the fences. I'm broke again, and blew my chance at a 6 figure UFC contract. But at least I made Dana happy, by upping the ratings and making him money, that's what counts right?"

Get the fug outta here with that. Just win the show would be my plan, and I'd do it any way I could, whether or not it made Dana happy.

one thing that i personally thing affected things. way back in the beginning, when you lost, you were gone. sort of like that. put pressure on really trying to win the fight. now, you lose, you stay in house, stay on tv, and keep training. all the benefits, limited cost. understand it was a training partner issue, but seemed to put more pressure on guys to win.

Damn based on that commercial preview of next episode looks like Van Buren woops dat ass.

Damn based on that commercial preview of next episode looks like Van Buren woops dat ass.

Didn't Van Buren get knocked out by that uber-can? The guy that recently fought for Bellator and opened his promo with "I like beer and pizza"?

What are everybodys predictions for the MW semi's? Think i would go Zapata vs Lima and Pendred vs Gordon.

What are everybodys predictions for the MW semi's? Think i would go Zapata vs Lima and Pendred vs Gordon.

Same, they want Pendred and Lima in the final IMO. Gordon got wrestlefuckd by Anton Talamantes (a 5ft 8in dumpy LHW) so they'll be confident the bigger, stronger Pendred can smother him. Lima's the most exciting of the 4 and they won't want him to get smothered so they'll have him fight a striker, Zapata.

Didn't Van Buren get knocked out by that uber-can? The guy that recently fought for Bellator and opened his promo with "I like beer and pizza"?

Yes he did lol. He got ktfo by a part time mma fighter lol

Back