TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 7 Discussion

Maybe Berzin will listen to his coaches from now on.....Douche

Nah, i usually DVR the episodes but will still read through the regular UFC section knowing there wont be any TUF Spoilers there.

Same here. I've got 1 wife, 2 jobs, and 3 kids - I'm lucky if I get to watch the show before Monday.

I knew, as soon as Anton said something along the lines of - he isn't on my level as far as striking and JJ - I just knew Pat was going to wrestle him to death.

Anton looked good in the first, stuff his takedowns, aside from that awesome throw, winning the striking and grappling. But after the first he completely gassed.

And as someone said earlier, Anton had no lateral movement to help his TDD. He just kind of stood in front of Pat. Who didn't see the TD coming?

I was also very surprised how many times Pat escaped from having Anton on his back with hooks in.

Where's all the standup?? A bit overkill with all the grappling in the last few matches

This season has some very low quality fights, even for TUF standards.

Seriously most of fights in this season is about one guy wrestling another who either doesn't know how to wrestle or he gasses out. Will be see a technical stand up fight with some skills actually, or at least a good BJJ game?

I don't see any of these guys surviving in UFC or some of them even getting that one fight in UFC. Hope that Latin America TUF will be better, they really need some exciting fighters/finishes a la Chael/Jones season, those guys had amazing fights

Some of the guys (so far it looks like most) said they weren't going to take many risks and were going to play it safe in the early round fights.

90% of the time when you say "the better fighter lost" in TUF it's BS. TUF shows who the better fighter is and not gassing is a big part of that.

Agreed.

Sherdoggers love to harp about a guys' skills (or lack thereof) but durability, aggression, tenaciousness, and cardio can win a lot of fights at the lower levels of the UFC (or at the upper level of other promotions), and are incredibly important in the tournament format. Being more skilled is nice, but if your opponent can break your will, it won't matter. Fat Pat broke Anton's will.

When guys talk a lot on TUF they usually have a rough go in the cage. They should just concentrate on winning rather than promoting.

I really wanna see Matt Van Buuren get smashed :D

Dude didn't listen to Hacklemen. He got what he deserved.

Back