TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 7 Discussion

King is a tough m'fucker. I think Gordon tires his ass out and King takes the win home.

I'm not completely sold on Gordon for some strange reason. I don't know if all of Joe Rogans talk of super explosive guys having no gas tank got into my head or what, but I don't know who to pick for this next fight. My Bracket just got busted because of Ian Stephans getting robbed, so my next pick to win it all is probably Gordan, only because his mannerisms remind me of Daniel Cormier.

I think it wasn't just cardio with Berzin, but an issue with heart. I think Walsh broke him after that throw. I honestly think Walsh was just as tired as Berzin, but he has the heart and desire to push through it. Berzin just folded.

Well I think that Walsh was crafty by the way he saved energy for rounds 2 & 3 by keeping his hands down by his hips during the standup and then inflicted damage on Berzin's hands by use of his chin.

His technique kinda reminded me of Jackie Chan's drunken style. He could be the next Tank Abbott.

I had a feeling he was gona lose. He was doing that whole routine of "i can beat him anywhere, if i have to pop back up i'll pop back up" no you're probably not.

And the striking in this fight was once again terrible. The coaches should really teach these guys how to throw a punch.

I'm shocked it took so long for someone to mention this. His chin was tested and passed with flying colors. That counter right that nailed him I think it was didn't even phase him and it looked solid.
Yea Berzin tagged him with a good few counter left hooks and right straights here and there, mostly rights but he got him with the left early in the first I believe.

I honestly feel as though an iron chin will deceive some viewers as to exactly how much punishment is being dealt out, like, people don't notice how many clean punches are being landed, because the stoutly-bearded fighter's reaction to them aren't that pronounced, but yeah, good chin.

There was probably a point where Berzin realized he was too gassed to hurt Walsh and just checked out like "yo, fuck this" haha.

And the striking in this fight was once again terrible. The coaches should really teach these guys how to throw a punch.
I thought Berzin's striking was pretty good in the first. Definitely outstruck Walsh with some decent counters, kicks and footwork. He just didn't seem to have anything left after that round though.

Yea Berzin tagged him with a good few counter left hooks and right straights here and there, mostly rights but he got him with the left early in the first I believe.

I honestly feel as though an iron chin will deceive some viewers as to exactly how much punishment is being dealt out, like, people don't notice how many clean punches are being landed, because the stoutly-bearded fighter's reaction to them aren't that pronounced, but yeah, good chin.

There was probably a point where Berzin realized he was too gassed to hurt Walsh and just checked out like "yo, fuck this" haha.

Yeah definitely some really solid shots in there. Those shots looked pretty stiff and drew blood...Fat Pat is apparently just a beast.

Anton was supposed to be Russian cyborg, but Fat Pat was definitely the Terminator in this one.

I think seeing Pat just smirk after eating some stiff punches really got to Anton's head...like "Holy shit, I just cannot hurt this dude."

Also, Family Guy in shape out of shape guy comparison made me laugh. Pretty cool to see a guy without the "look" just bring game.

Last edited:
Anton is definitely skilled so I'd like to see him get another chance but jesus he talked himself up all episode only to get dominated for the most part.

I think seeing Pat just smirk after eating some stiff punches really got to Anton's head...like "Holy shit, I just cannot hurt this dude.
Oh yeah man. I've haven't fought (yet), but in sparring, sometimes I hit people on the way in under the expectation that they'll back off, and they just bite down on their mouthpiece and keep coming so it's like, "are you kidding me, I gotta hit him again?!?!"

It's definitely somewhat disorienting, especially if you're throwing legit, fight-worthy power shots like Berzin was, and it just doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Just goes to show that heart/will to win, and chin can win out the day when skill alone is not enough IMO.

I think being dropped on the back of your head, kinda ruins your day.

Nice win by Gastelum...............oops I meant Walsh. :icon_chee

Bad, bad fight/quality.. give me TUF Brazil any day.

It was a bad fight and the better fighter lost due to gassing imo
The throw was great though.

It was a bad fight and the better fighter lost due to gassing imo
The throw was great though.

90% of the time when you say "the better fighter lost" in TUF it's BS. TUF shows who the better fighter is and not gassing is a big part of that.

That said very little damage was done and I question whether Walsh is able to finish. With all those elbows and GNP he didn't even appear to open up a cut.

This season has some very low quality fights, even for TUF standards.

Seriously most of fights in this season is about one guy wrestling another who either doesn't know how to wrestle or he gasses out. Will be see a technical stand up fight with some skills actually, or at least a good BJJ game?

I don't see any of these guys surviving in UFC or some of them even getting that one fight in UFC. Hope that Latin America TUF will be better, they really need some exciting fighters/finishes a la Chael/Jones season, those guys had amazing fights

Why do the fighters this season seem to have so much trouble following simple instructions? Did Walsh throw a single uppercut the entire time his corner was screaming it at him? And what about when they were constantly telling him how to pass the half guard and he never even attempted it... Then when he finally did what they said he instantly got to mount (then immediately lost it and wouldn't follow his corner's advice on how to regain in). This seems like a recurring theme in all of these fights.

Walsh has a bit of potential but he's obviously very raw. He seems like a good guy, hopefully he improves enough to do well in the UFC. So far nobody this season has really stood out as a big time prospect to watch but we'll see what happens.

Back