TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 6 Discussion

Also, Dana is a fucktard for blaming Mazzigati. The NSAC and the judges are the ones to blame here, not the ref.

No, he blamed the reffing initially, even tho maz DID give several warnings. The confusion is what happens in a tied sudden death round.

Like all of us. We were all shocked, brcause we didnt know the rules for a "sudden death" rd, as it only happebs in a tournament format, which were not used to.

No, he blamed the reffing initially, even tho maz DID give several warnings. The confusion is what happens in a tied sudden death round.

Like all of us. We were all shocked, brcause we didnt know the rules for a "sudden death" rd, as it only happebs in a tournament format, which were not used to.

I was referring more to the interview after the show on FSN, he blamed mazzigati for the whole thing.

Are the scorecards going to come out? Seriously, how did he win the fight if it was even after two rounds (hence the third round) and then have a point taken away in the third? This sport is so broken it's becoming incredibly difficult to continue to be a fan. It's a complete shit show when it comes to judging.

Lmao I'm hoping Stephens tries to beg Bellator for a fight now.

The two judges, who scored it a draw, had to circle a winner? Sounds like a "must decision." Ah, I miss Sengoku.

Also, Dana thought the guy who got the one scorecard should've won. If that happened, this would've been the second minority decision I've seen. Reminded me of Hendo vs Babalu.

Craziness

If 2 score cards are 9-9 and the last was 10-8 for Stephens then I don't understand how anyone is even calling the round a draw. Shouldn't the 10-8 win Stephens the fight since it's the only card that actually had a winner?

If 2 score cards are 9-9 and the last was 10-8 for Stephens then I don't understand how anyone is even calling the round a draw. Shouldn't the 10-8 win Stephens the fight since it's the only card that actually had a winner?

No, it's a majority draw. Why would you give more weight to 1 judge's opinion than 2 judges?

Had some motherfucking Sengoku judges out there tonight

Zapatas personality does not make it easier to pick him either

No, it's a majority draw. Why would you give more weight to 1 judge's opinion than 2 judges?

Oh ok I didn't know that I always figured if 2 judges were tied the third scorecard would decide the fight

Also, Dana is a fucktard for blaming Mazzigati. The NSAC and the judges are the ones to blame here, not the ref.

Dana has a pathological hatred of Mazzagati.

Given, Mazzagati is a poor ref, but for Dana, anything involving Mazzagati will turn into a personal thing against Maz.

shoulda won how?

Gee I don't know how about the 100 elbows and punches he landed while Stephens just held Zapata down and did nothing after he go the takedown. Did you see Stephens face?

Missed the episode will one of you guys please PM me & tell me in gory detail what happened?

Gee I don't know how about the 100 elbows and punches he landed while Stephens just held Zapata down and did nothing after he go the takedown. Did you see Stephens face?

Held him down, exactly. Why does this count for nothing. It is no easy task to hold a fighter down. You are using energy to nullify his opportunity to get up. Just because this isn't obvious to the untrained eye doesn't mean it should be ignored. Landing elbows from your back is a lot easier then eating them and still maintaining position imo and from my experience in spars and smoker matches. Ian is a good wrestler, and played to his strengths. Zapata displayed that he is unable to get to his feet after getting taken down, yet he is rewarded? Ya he will do great in the WW division, not like there are a lot of wrestlers there.

As much as I hate LnP/dry humping Stephens won that fight. He actually won both first two rounds and I was surprised it was even going to the 3rd. Nothing Zapata threw was better than grappling control of Stephens. Zapata was landing elbows but also Stephens got a few subs attempts and pretty much dominated positions all fight.

That 3rd round was again clear Stephens and Zapata won via "pick the guy who should have won"? Just unbelievable. If its a draw on 2 cards out of 3 its a freaking majority draw. I don't see whats the problem, why pick a winner? Its a draw, have another round.

Also Dana Fucking White going on and on about Maz when if fact Maz was warning about elbows and fence like 10 or more times. There is no "this is your last warning", when did a ref said that? Dana just making things up. Good job by Maz for taking that point away, there were clearly more than few 12-6 elbows to the back of the head even with all the warning. Dana gonna keep on hating Maz

when mazagatti announced the winner zapata look at him in disbelief, like, did you just fuck up again ref?

nothing more that can be said abot that fight. Did the guy who deserved to win won? Yes. Did the guy who got a point deducted win an unwinnable fight? Yes. Was that impossible? yes. Did the correct guy win? Yes.

Alltho it being impossible, the right guy got the W.

As much as I dislike the way Stephens fought, he won that fight. He controlled where the fight took place for the entire fight regardless of the short punches and elbows from Zapata. That decision sets a dangerous precedent, IMO.

I kind of like that Zapata won but it was bullshit, I reckon. Stephens took it very well indeed.

Next week, I can see Walsh doing what he did in his qualifying round fight but this time, it'll be him tapping out in the 1st round.

Oh, and I didn't have a problem with the deducted point, he was warned about 5 times altogether for grabbing the cage and downward elbows.

Back