TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 6 Discussion

Hilarious. The guy who should have won did, but it was inhumanly possible for him to on the scorecards.

Also, Dana is a fucktard for blaming Mazzigati. The NSAC and the judges are the ones to blame here, not the ref.

Those are not the rules though....I thought Stephens won every round to be honest. Circle the winner??? Wtf kind of shit is that, especially at the highest level of competition in the sport.
the fights in TUF are exhibition fights where someone has to win. There is no option for a draw circling who they thought won is the best option that was available. just because the judges are fucking idiots shouldn't change that. IMO I don't even see why it went to a third round Ian did enough to win just because Dana gets butt hurt over a guy grapple fucking someone shouldn't change that.

That was really weird to watch but its one of those ones where I'm ok with it.

Zapata had low fight IQ in avoiding the shots and getting out but he kept trying to land and "fight" so I'll take that over Ian's "blanket" action. The RNC wasn't there but he just kept doing the same thing over and over.

On one hand, impressive he could keep taking the back but he did ABSOLUTELY nothing with it.
and all Zapata did was throw ineffective elbows that wasn't going to stop the fight.

so far most of the fighters should be losers. these are some of the worst fights the series has had.

lima's comeback and the edited version of taleb vs king have been the highlights of this season. a lot of very lows, not too many highs.

No. If you are out grappling someone, you've probably controlled them enough that they can't tea of on you with elbows. He was just hugging and praying the ref didn't stand it up.
where did the majority of the fight take place? Who had the dominate position throughout the majority of the fight? Are you telling me it was all apart of zapata gameplan to let his back get taken so he could throw elbows at the guy on his back?

and all Zapata did was throw ineffective elbows that wasn't going to stop the fight.

He came much closer to stopping the fight than the blanket did. Stephens did nothing in that fight. 0 offense and just dryhumped Zapata the whole time. Zapata was the only one who did any damage in that fight. Going by how judges usually judge, I thought Stephens won the first, but seeing as how the judges are finally pulling their heads out of their asses, I thought Zapata won. Things will be much better if we don't have to go by the old way of scoring fights (rewarding fighters for being blankets).

so far most of the fighters should be losers. these are some of the worst fights the series has had.

lima's comeback and the edited version of taleb vs king have been the highlights of this season. a lot of very lows, not too many highs.

They're playing it safe in the early rounds. Things should pick up once we're done with this round of fights, though they might wait 'til the semis before going all out. It makes sense since they don't have much time off between fights. Playing it safe and trying to take as little damage as possible in the early rounds is smart, just not very entertaining.

1-1, so they went to the 3rd round
Mazzagatti took a point from Zapata in the 3rd
Close round with Zapata landing elbows and some other strikes while the other guy did nothing but lay on Zapata with some back position
Fight ends, 1 judge gave the 3rd to Stephens while the other 2 gave it Zapata meaning 9-9
Apparently since it ended in a draw, each judge was instructed to circle the name of the fighter they thought won the fight

Exactly. I don't know what Dana is complaining about.

The fight was awful btw. Except for Ian's wrestling, the technique was very poor and Ian only played the blanket role.

I don't understand Dana making this mostly about Mazz. He told the guy 100 times to watch the elbows. He would have to be a ZOMBIE to not realize if he kept doing it he was going to get a point taken away. This one's on the judges.

As much as I hate lay and pray losers, the way they judge mma these days Stephens won all 3 rounds. Absolutely comical they gave it to Zapata even after being deducted a point. Terrible episode all-in-all. I can't believe they hyped the promos up so much.

Why do people keep calling that "blanketing?" I've never struggled that much with my blankets.

No. If you are out grappling someone, you've probably controlled them enough that they can't tea of on you with elbows. He was just hugging and praying the ref didn't stand it up.

In fairness those weren't legal strikes for the most part so he was controlling him to the point he wasn't legally able to land significant strikes on him

I call that out grappling but it was a shitty fight anyways

Why do people keep calling that "blanketing?" I've never struggled that much with my blankets.

Because they don't understand/respect top control enough to get why it's a dominate position

Back