TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 6 Discussion

Ian Stephens has to be the most boring in TUF history, that was 15 mins of him cuddling, glad he didn't move on...

"Elbows all day" - Great line. I wish more fighters did that to Clay Guida.

I guess this sudden death round changes the judging rules, since its not a normal thing. 3rd sudden death rd goes, then you get to say who win the (total fight,pride style) if its still tied?

Sounds like the judges were told "no draws". So they went to Pride rules. Not sure how else to explain it.

Can someone give me cliff notes of what happened this episode? I missed teh whole thing

1-1, so they went to the 3rd round
Mazzagatti took a point from Zapata in the 3rd
Close round with Zapata landing elbows and some other strikes while the other guy did nothing but lay on Zapata with some back position
Fight ends, 1 judge gave the 3rd to Stephens while the other 2 gave it Zapata meaning 9-9
Apparently since it ended in a draw, each judge was instructed to circle the name of the fighter they thought won the fight

So, the judges' incompetence overcomes Mazzagatti's incompetence? Nice.

So, it becomes like Pride judging if the fight ends in a draw? The right guy won then.

No.

Theyre given a sudden death rd, where 2 still deem it a draw.
Its a tourney, and rather than giving at least another rd, they now suddenly judge the fight as a whole, apparently.

Regardless of what you believe about the point deduction, that makes sense

I don't understand why Dana thinks this is stupid. 2 judges scored 9/9, so they circled the name of the fighter they thought won that round.

Does not matter one judge scored 10-8, they need the majority.

1-1, so they went to the 3rd round
Mazzagatti took a point from Zapata in the 3rd
Close round with Zapata landing elbows and some other strikes while the other guy did nothing but lay on Zapata with some back position
Fight ends, 1 judge gave the 3rd to Stephens while the other 2 gave it Zapata meaning 9-9
Apparently since it ended in a draw, each judge was instructed to circle the name of the fighter they thought won the fight

There ya go. News to everyone im sure, but a great way imo to score.

I haven't watched TUF since the first episode of this new season. Man I haven't been missing shit. What a borefest that fight was. Then all the lame ass controversy. LOL Bye TUF

wat happened? can someone inbox me with teh results

I don't understand why Dana thinks this is stupid. 2 judges scored 9/9, so they circled the name of the fighter they thought won that round.

Does not matter one judge scored 10-8, they need the majority.

Those are not the rules though....I thought Stephens won every round to be honest. Circle the winner??? Wtf kind of shit is that, especially at the highest level of competition in the sport.

Would've been nice if they explained that on the show.

That was really weird to watch but its one of those ones where I'm ok with it.

Zapata had low fight IQ in avoiding the shots and getting out but he kept trying to land and "fight" so I'll take that over Ian's "blanket" action. The RNC wasn't there but he just kept doing the same thing over and over.

On one hand, impressive he could keep taking the back but he did ABSOLUTELY nothing with it.

I thought Coleman was going to jump in the cage, and beat Mazzagatti down.

Back