TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 1 Discussion

Many flash KO's occur without the fight being stopped because the fighter immediately wakes back up and keeps fighting. This seemed no different to me.

I don't understand this concept of "flash KO" & to be honest, I reject that term altogether.

people get KOd, & then immediately wake back up due to getting hit again. for most, they stay knocked the fuck out as the barrage ensues, but for some they wake back up after getting pummeled continuously.

perfect example is Fedya x Hendo

also, I think this even happened to Surreal Diabetes in a fight (can't remember against who), except the ref didn't even notice & Diabetes continued on with the fight in which he later won.

13893401796_6ebf7148e4_o.gif

just finished the episode. great moments in there.

edit: went back to watch acouple of the fights. wonder what was the thought process for some of penns picks. edgar has the better team i think

Last edited:
Yup I lol'ed. Chick was super hot though, dude was not focused at all though.
Ya she was! Those legs and quite cute for no makeup. Slightly tan Balkan skin.

Can't blame him for having his head somewhere else. Fought alright with everything considered.

Which he really never does. And even if he did, it's a million times better than stopping it too late and adding substantial extra risk for a fighter dying.

He's been stopping a lot of fights early the past couple years. He's a good ref but he needs to be more consistent than he has been lately.

Herb Dean strikes again...

Are we talking about the stoppage that Dana and the two coaches agreed with? Oh sorry, I'm interrupting your 'hate on herb fest'.
Carry on.

That brutal KO in front of that guy's mom made me not want to watch this anymore.

That guy was seriously a douche. Herb was right there stopping it and he punches the guy full force while unconscious on the mat.

I really liked this episode. American TUF is always great with production, editing and everything.

It was a special bonus to see another serb give up

Are we talking about the stoppage that Dana and the two coaches agreed with? Oh sorry, I'm interrupting your 'hate on herb fest'.
Carry on.

They agreed after watching the replay because they don't want to ridicule the "best ref in MMA" lol.

The guy wasn't out. He was getting elbowed so he lowered his head and was like "wtf?" when herb stopped it. Yet another early stoppage to add to Herb's resume.

They agreed after watching the replay because they don't want to ridicule the "best ref in MMA" lol.

The guy wasn't out. He was getting elbowed so he lowered his head and was like "wtf?" when herb stopped it. Yet another early stoppage to add to Herb's resume.

Because Dana cares about the reputation of a referee, right?

Because Dana cares about the reputation of a referee, right?

He does because he's associated with the UFC brand and has been vouching for him for so long. The fact is that Herb sucks. Time to hang em up or whatever the referee equivalent is.

Wonder how Pendred will do.

Lyman Good losing is quite surprising, thought he'd at least advance to the house.

Even if there was no fight, I'd watch just for the awesome Frankie/Dana/BJ relation.

Just going through this episode right now.

Initial thought - Stop saying 'heavenly father'!

He does because he's associated with the UFC brand and has been vouching for him for so long. The fact is that Herb sucks. Time to hang em up or whatever the referee equivalent is.

Lol just give up. BJ is beholden to nobody least of all UFC directives. He's gone toe to toe with them and come out the other side.

BJ/Frankie's knowledge and integrity >>> yours.

Back