TUF 16 Finale: Mike Ricci vs. Colton Smith PBP (Discussion)

Dominance is dominance, and it can only be argued that the nut-shot cost him that one round. Some guys have styles that lend to finishing and some don't, but whether or not you can finish is IRRELEVANT. If you want to know why it's irrelevant I'll tell you by asking a simple question ... who won?

He used dominant positions to avoid fighting and feign submission transitions to stall an unwatchable win.

Yeah, he CAN.. and people are equally free to criticize it. Politics and belief systems have no place in the octagon, imo.

Yeah, separation of church and octagon, that's in the constitution isnt it.

I loved seeing Ricci get worked like that. Total domination. Ricci had absolutely nothing for Smith.

I didn't like the fight either, and I am no fan of smith but that nut shot wasnt intentional.

He hit him square in the nuts. As Colton turned his head, he saw the glazed over eyes of Mazzagatti staring into nothingness, counting the number of bolts in the average ceiling rafter, and jumped on Mike. He knew he hit him in the nuts, come on.

I loved seeing Ricci get worked like that. Total domination. Ricci had absolutely nothing for Smith.

I agree with you, it was worth seeing a Zahabi fighter being "Zahabi-ed". And I didn't think it was boring, it was quite entertaining to see the domination (edit: controlled is probably the better word as there was not that much damage but it was exhausting).

Total Domination? Exhale that fat crack hit. Domination usually includes hurting more than your opponents feelings.

Don't have much interest to watch him in the future. He dominated the fight, and good for him, but I can watch Fitch do the same thing much better.

Don't have much interest to watch him in the future. He dominated the fight, and good for him, but I can watch Fitch do the same thing much better.

You know you're a boring fighter when people are yearning to watch Fitch instead.

If you want to blame anyone for that fight it's ricci.

We've seen it time and time again. When a wrestler isn't interested in anything other than just straight up wrestling, they win almost every time. Unless you're an equal wrestler with great TDD, there's not much you can do with someone who isn't interested in anything other than grappling.

MP15 said:
I agree with you, it was worth seeing a Zahabi fighter being "Zahabi-ed". And I didn't think it was boring, it was quite entertaining to see the domination.

Yeah, it was fun to see him get Zahabi-ed.

Total Domination? Exhale that fat crack hit. Domination usually includes hurting more than your opponents feelings.

Ricci was completely shut out and controlled for the entire fight. I think calling it a domination is appropriate. Sure, he didn't do any damage, but Ricci had no offensive whatsoever.

Yeah, it was fun to see him get Zahabi-ed.

tumblr_merio05tc91qfrkf9o1_500.gif

tumblr_ma4486ri7G1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Back