Tucker: "What's Destroying Rural America? Vulture Capitalism."

As you all know, I am a card carrying partisan hack, but I have to give props when props are due.

This is a very good piece from Tucker Carlson looking at the collapse of a small town, Singer, Nebraska, due to the predatory financial practices of investment manager, Paul Singer, who-- as Tucker pointedly mentions-- was the second largest contributor to the GOP in 2016.

I give Tucker credit in this piece for not spoiling his message with his usual false equivalences.

Tuckers kind of growing on me. As of late i keep catching him actually telling the truth. Hes come a long way since jon stewert cleaned his clock.

Last edited:
True.

Except the liberal/progressive nonsense usually amounts to teenagers wanting you to treat trans people with respect or black people wanting accountability for police who murder unarmed victims. Meanwhile, the conservative bs has more to do with keeping millions of people in poverty, scamming seniors and confiscating their homes, dumping millions of tons of sludge into rivers, exploiting child labor, and stuff like that.
You're like a walking political cartoon.

As you all know, I am a card carrying partisan hack, but I have to give props when props are due.

This is a very good piece from Tucker Carlson looking at the collapse of a small town, Singer, Nebraska, due to the predatory financial practices of investment manager, Paul Singer, who-- as Tucker pointedly mentions-- was the second largest contributor to the GOP in 2016.

I give Tucker credit in this piece for not spoiling his message with his usual false equivalences.

Yeah he's either a (the?) leader of the new republican party, or an emerging independent. He likes the free market and a normal, socially moderate/conservative nation, but if the powers that be are going to destroy that and expect to still be supported, well he's not going to go along with it. I agree with Tucker about 75-80% of the time these days. He is thee best out there. I see him almost wanting to support Bernie because the people on "his" side allowed for everything to get screwed up, to hurt America, to change things for the worse, and he thinks they deserve it.

Tuckers kind of growing on me. As of late i keeo catching him actually telling the truth. Hes come a long way since jon stewert cleaned his clock.
Well at that time Jon Stewart was the best and most realistic political talker on TV. Now it's Tucker. I still disagree with entire segments like 1-2 times a week, but when he nails it he nails it like no other.

Yeah he's either a (the?) leader of the new republican party, or an emerging independent. He likes the free market and a normal, socially moderate/conservative nation, but if the powers that be are going to destroy that and expect to still be supported, well he's not going to go along with it. I agree with Tucker about 75-80% of the time these days. He is thee best out there. I see him almost wanting to support Bernie because the people on "his" side allowed for everything to get screwed up, to hurt America, to change things for the worse, and he thinks they deserve it.

I can't find the exact videos at the moment, but your post reminds me of when Tucker seemingly supported E. Warren's economic policies and discussed her book on two-income families.

The other video that comes to mind is Tucker arguing with Ben Shapiro about automation. Shapiro takes the dogmatic capitalist perspective, in that the free market can do no wrong, whereas Tucker takes a more humanist and, dare I say it, nationalist perspective saying that putting a massive amount of workers out of work via self-driving cars would be highly detrimental to the country.

This latter point hits on a split that I see coming in the GOP in the future (protectionist nationalist economic policies vs deregulated laissez faire)

Well at that time Jon Stewart was the best and most realistic political talker on TV. Now it's Tucker. I still disagree with entire segments like 1-2 times a week, but when he nails it he nails it like no other.

I like matt tiabbi best. Do you watch him or read his articles?

Well I haven't watched this yet but I'd be pleasantly surprised if he managed to get through the whole segment without scapegoating immigrants.

Tucker only has a problem with vulture capitalism now that Mitt Romney is persona non grata.

I'm sure he had no problem with it in 2012. I bet he still has his Bain Capital swag.

he’s been saying this for well over a year now. It’s been years basically. So that line of attack is thin.

If it makes you feel better, the ADL accuses him of a antisemitism with stuff like this. And when he rails about the opioid crisis. As the venture capitalist he mentions that destroyed sideny was jewish, and the family that created the opioids that destroyed the Appalachian hill people was jewish.

you can just attack tucker for that. There ya go.

he’s been saying this for well over a year now. It’s been years basically. So that line of attack is thin.

If it makes you feel better, the ADL accuses him of a antisemitism with stuff like this. And when he rails about the opioid crisis. As the venture capitalist he mentions that destroyed sideny was jewish, and the family that created the opioids that destroyed the Appalachian hill people was jewish.

you can just attack tucker for that. There ya go.
<Huh2>

Ah.. so Tucker Carlson is good now. Got it lol

Sounds like Paul Singer didn’t pay his dues

Tucker only has a problem with vulture capitalism now that Mitt Romney is persona non grata.

I'm sure he had no problem with it in 2012. I bet he still has his Bain Capital swag.

That segment was before Romney went full retard

Also he’s been calling out Koch brothers n their neo liberal views.

now it’s interesting how liberals/progressives are adopting these neo liberal/neo conservatives views just to be anti trump.

I don't care about your anti-semitic bullshit, I thought my response was pretty clear.

calm down Francis. I just wanted to feed you a leftist trope to attack tucker with, bc your first line of attack was lame.

I’m glad to hear that you won’t buy into the smear campaign against tucker for the video we just watched. You got that going for ya.

calm down Francis. I just wanted to feed you a leftist trope to attack tucker with, bc your first line of attack was lame.

I’m glad to hear that you won’t buy into the smear campaign against tucker for the video we just watched. You got that going for ya.

My line of attack is perfectly fine.

Tucker is a disingenuous shit heel who serves masters bigger than any Bain Capital or any other so called vulture capitalist enterprise that has ever existed.

And you only like him because he sprinkles just enough white nationalism in his rhetoric that it makes your little dick wet.

Tucker Carlson is a total opportunist and a complete fraud devoid of any kind of principle. He was a MAJOR supporter of Bush, the Iraq War, the security state and all kinds of civil liberty abuses when Bush was in office. He then (opportunely) became Mr. Libertarian when Obama was in office. Now, (again, rather opportunely) he's Mr. Populist/Nationalist. He's also another trust fund baby who grew up in elite circles on the east coast and now claims to care about the plight of rural America. It's laughable and absurd to the max.

Tucker Carlson is a total opportunist and a complete fraud devoid of any kind of principle. He was a MAJOR supporter of Bush, the Iraq War, the security state and all kinds of civil liberty abuses when Bush was in office. He then (opportunely) became Mr. Libertarian when Obama was in office. Now, (again, rather opportunely) he's Mr. Populist/Nationalist. He's also another trust fund baby who grew up in elite circles on the east coast and now claims to care about the plight of rural America. It's laughable and absurd to the max.

I think he’s grown, i too was tricked by Bush and the MSM for Iraq. and yet today I’d support him going to the Hague for war crimes.

This article speaks the same issue.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/how-mckinsey-destroyed-middle-class/605878/

It references a book that I'd read and found fascinating: The Lords of Strategy. The article is excellent. The book is pretty good but it slogs in parts.

In short form, essentially the growth of management consulting destroyed the relationship between the worker and the business, gutted middle management (which harmed the middle class), and killed the ability to go from the mail room to the corner office. Once management consultants gained real traction in the American business world, they implemented a series of management strategies that ultimately led us to the type of vulture capitalism that Tucker is referencing here.

Back