Tube TVs

thegreenblender

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If you go to your free section on Craigslist you will ALWAYS find these being given away like hot potatoes. Is there anything to be done with these I wonder. Parts or something that make it worth your while to pick up dozens and dozens of free, crappy TVs. Just curious. There must be some scam here.

The copper inside is worth a few bucks. That's about it.

Tub tvs have better picture quality than flat screen. I'm an elitest so I love em but they're a bitch to carry and move so I settled for a flat screen instead.

Tub tvs have better picture quality than flat screen. I'm an elitest so I love em but they're a bitch to carry and move so I settled for a flat screen instead.

Better contrast ratio and response time as well. Not a single LED or LCD TV has been able to capture true black yet. Just a very dark tone of gray. But I'm also net picky as hell so don't mind me.

Better contrast ratio and response time as well. Not a single LED or LCD TV has been able to capture true black yet. Just a very dark tone of gray. But I'm also net picky as hell so don't mind me.

I'm like you bro. I had a Sony Wega 30 inch tube tv. In terms of picture quality, that was the best. I had to give it away when I moved. Now I have an LG LED 55 inch. I'm happy with it.

I gamed on a tube TV for the longest. Could never find a flat screen HD that had minimal response time. Finally found a good monitor for gaming so I'm satisfied.

I still have a tube TV in my living room. Doesn't get much use, as I don't watch much TV. Netflix sorted that for me.

I have a very nice 27" Sony that I use at my work location condo. The picture is fantastic. LCD has a ways to go to beat it.

You can still use them for any and all tv purposes....

gave away about 30 not too long ago, ranging of 15" to 42"

I still have a tube TV. I plan on keeping it to hook old video games up to, they look the best on a tube tv. The way they were meant to be played. :)

I don't think there is any reason to want them. I used to work for a charity and we didn't even take them. Old tvs have to be recycled where I live and so we couldn't throw them out if they didn't sell.

I still have a tube TV. I plan on keeping it to hook old video games up to, they look the best on a tube tv. The way they were meant to be played. :)

Found a store in the mall today that sells NES, SNES, all the Sega consuls and a bunch of games.

I grabbed a Sega Genesis for my brother with Madden 95 and Sonic.

I don't think there is any reason to want them. I used to work for a charity and we didn't even take them. Old tvs have to be recycled where I live and so we couldn't throw them out if they didn't sell.

Poor people are too good for tube tvs huh...

Found a store in the mall today that sells NES, SNES, all the Sega consuls and a bunch of games.

I grabbed a Sega Genesis for my brother with Madden 95 and Sonic.

Nice...

One of these are in order.

1316818_o.gif

Still have one of these bad boys at my parent's place.

Curtis%20mathes%201992.jpg

Check out craigslist for cheap ass old systems.

Got N64 with 2 controllers and Mario Kart for $35.

Back