Television Tsuburaya Productions CEO Takayuki Tsukagoshi talks about the future of the Ultraman IP

The Elemental O

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Tsuburaya Productions CEO Takayuki Tsukagoshi talks about the future of the Ultraman IP (In Japanese)

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/byline/takeiyasuyuki/20211227-00274203 https://news.yahoo.co.jp/byline/takeiyasuyuki/20211227-00274200

Translation:
"We are developing a different type of Ultraman. What will change is not the appearance and shape of Ultraman, but the content and workability. Adults will be impressed and satisfied with the work that has a message that is easy for children to understand."

"Universal works are compatible. I would like to make such a thing with Ultraman. However, the details will be announced a little later (laugh). On the other hand, we will also make works other than Ultraman."

"The future of Tsuburaya Productions is to create new original works using new technology." From the perspective of Europe and the United States, it has already been decided that most of the world-famous Japanese characters will be visualized by Hollywood major studios and global media groups. However, Ultraman does not belong there."

"The last big IP left in Japan may be Ultraman. There are many offers from overseas companies, but if you do the same thing in Hollywood when you go out to the world, Ultraman is a hero character with many. It will be buried in the world. In order to compete in the world, we will utilize the Japanese identity and Japaneseness as a strength in the story. It will lead to the creation of works."

"I want to send new and valuable works that have genes unique to us that are not in Hollywood standards from Japan to Asia and the world. Based on the works, products and I want to send a message to the event."

"I want to think about that concrete idea together with people from different industries."

Credit goes to this guy for the translation

I hope it's changed to Ultaman, the super hero who works at a makeup store by day and fights against injustice at night.

I remember liking Ultraman as a kid. I tried watching that last Netflix cartoon, and ended up giving up on it as the main character was a huge whiner.

It's interesting that they don't plan on licensing Ultraman out to Hollywood.

I loved the originals as a kid.

I’m never a fan of remakes, but when they do the. i hope they get it right.

Knew it as a kid, but never really was drawn to it as I got older.

Back