Trying to understand the demand for Sonnen??

The thing I don't get is people saying that Chael is a washed up fighter, and there's no way that he should get a title shot if he beats Vitor.

If Chael beats Vitor, then he isn't a washed up fighter. If Chael beats Vitor, he beats the number one contender. If Chael beats Vitor, giving him a title shot wouldn't be ridiculous.

Also, dude is 5-0 in his last 5 MW fights against guys not named Anderson Silva.

It is the same reason people like pro wrestling, it isn't because the "wrestling" is amazing. Some people identify with Chael's character, live vicariously through it, and probably emulate it to some degree because they want to be like "Chael."

People act like Chael is an over the hill can, because of his recent win/loss record not taking into account he faced the 2 GOATs, and Rashad Evans who is a natural LHW and would be champ if JBJ wasn't around.

Chael can still mix with the best at MW, and I hope he returns for one more run at the title.

I like Chael's fights because he rushes like a bull, and he stays active while on the ground. He's not afraid to take on anyone, and he has great sportsmanship.

Besides, once Rashad had Chael in that position, what was he supposed to do? The fight was over, Rashad was locked in position.

This is the reason I entered this thread.

Back