Trying to understand the demand for Sonnen??

I gotta give you credit. I think people could spend hours and not come up with a worse analogy.

1) Fighting someone dangerous and who is a better fighter is a brave thing to do

2) Just because he lost doesn't mean he didn't train which would be the equivalent of failing a test and not studying

3) You are confusing "brave" with "winning". And thinking someone if someone doesn't win it takes away from the courage to take the fight

4) If someone fails a test because they didn't study it doesn't prove they are stupid. It would simply be a stupid thing to do as failing a test hurts then. Chael on the other hand even in losing gained fans, made a ton of money, made his bosses very happy with him for saving an event, and paved the way for more opportunities since he has developed a reputation for taking on anybody no matter how good on short notice

Now in sticking with the school theme, write on the chalkboard 100 times "I am not clever enough to make analogies"

:)

You missed point, but it's no surprise really, chael fans are not really the smartest fans around

Let me try again.

It's he's job to fight, so how's accepting a fight (especially ts) a brave thing to do?

You think any other fight in his position would do the same?

He lost his opportunities at mw n there wasn't gonna be another one for a long time. At lhw he could do it the hard way like everybody else n fight his way to the top or simply take gift ts.

Now back to our analogy

Failing student got nothing to lose (just like sonnen) so for him taking a test with or without studying is the same. He will fail.

The only difference is some ppl (chael fans) will think he's so "smart" he didnt even study for the test.

pheromones and trt

wolf tickets....got your wolf tickets. Half off
Its Chael's fault his opponent bailed for the 4th time and Vitor asked for the fight? And I bet his chances are better Cummings or Henderson against DC.

Vitor also does have 10 losses with maybe the worst record in big fights of any fighter ever and will be coming off years of TRT usage. His losses in big fights comes to Jones, Silva, Hendo, Tito, Randy, Chuck, Sakuraba, and Overeeem.

While I think this fight should not be taking place, if it does, its wouldn't be shocking if Chael won just because wrestling Vitor is the best way to go and he may tire quickly. Although I still think Vitor wins it and it wouid be unlikely that he doesn't.

But I think it is kind of ironic Chael isn't legit becsuse of losses in big fights yet arguably the worst choker of all-time gets a free pass. I will laugh my ass of if Chael does win. Although glad to know it won't lead to a title shot for him just as far as I have no interest in that fight. Even though he wouid deserve it for beating the number one contender. But he signed up for Wand so none of this is on him

Last edited:
Aside from his promotional Value, Every person talking about Chael in the media always says one thing about him, He steps up. The guy takes fights that many others won't on top of that he's an aggressive wrestler whose main loses in the UFC are to Champions and an ex Champion. Personally I can't fucking stand Sonnen, but you cannot deny him.

That sure is a lot of excuses your giving him there.....

Your supposed to get hit hard and put in bad positions in the UFC. Thats kind of the point. If you continue to turtle up and lose like that over and over again then ya that qualifies as giving up easily. The Silva 2, Jones, and Rashad fights were down right embarrassing to watch, and I was rooting for Sonnen in all of them.

I was rooting for sonnen aswell I'm not making up excuses just stating facts . People who have been hit in the solar plex know that it practically shuts your body down . The Jones fight was bad as was the rashad fight I agree but it happens to all the top level fighters at some point I would think getting ko'd would have been more embarrassing IMO .

You missed point, but it's no surprise really, chael fans are not really the smartest fans around

Let me try again.

It's he's job to fight, so how's accepting a fight (especially ts) a brave thing to do?

You think any other fight in his position would do the same?

He lost his opportunities at mw n there wasn't gonna be another one for a long time. At lhw he could do it the hard way like everybody else n fight his way to the top or simply take gift ts.

Now back to our analogy

Failing student got nothing to lose (just like sonnen) so for him taking a test with or without studying is the same. He will fail.

The only difference is some ppl (chael fans) will think he's so "smart" he didnt even study for the test.
I don't know how to dumb this down any more for you

Fighting a dangerous, better fighter is a brave thing to do. Maybe you have never been in a fight outside of a video game or you would understand

A failing student has nothing to lose? First you have conveniently changed your analogy as someone already failing a course. But he also would have nothing to gain. So either way its a retarded analogy. If a student not already failing the course shows up and fails a test he didn't study for then his grades suffer. And if he skips the test he fails and his grades suffer. He can't benefit from taking a test he can't pass. Chael on the other hand can "fail" and makes fans, tons of money, make his bosses happy, and get chances in the future to repeat the process.

Do you really not understand making huge money win or lose is a good thing and nothing close to failing a test because you don't get paid huge money to fail a test or earn your teacher's favor. I know I have repeated a lot but its so freakin obvious that maybe the second time it will sink in? Your analogy isn't even remotely close

In MW he is a force easily in the top 10 today, he shouldnt fight at 205.
He's beaten 2 elite MW fighters in his entire career (3 if drugged up Filho counts I guess). Neither of them are in the division any longer.

There is nothing to suggest Chael would be a force in the new MW division.

People act like Chael is an over the hill can, because of his recent win/loss record not taking into account he faced the 2 GOATs, and Rashad Evans who is a natural LHW and would be champ if JBJ wasn't around.

Rashad won title against Forrest, got KTFO in first defence against a Machida (natural MW), and looked terrible in defeat against Lil Nog.

What makes you think that the existence of JBJ is the only thing preventing Shad from being champ?

A lot of mma fans are morons, though i do like watching him fold up and get beat down

Rashad won title against Forrest, got KTFO in first defence against a Machida (natural MW), and looked terrible in defeat against Lil Nog.

What makes you think that the existence of JBJ is the only thing preventing Shad from being champ?

Rashad also looked terrible in his win against Dan Henderson right before fighting sonnen. But people want to act like Rashad was at the top of his game when he fought Sonnen.

He is a more interesting character than most MMA fighters, who veer between boring and obnoxious. Although the fights he loses tend to be more enjoyable to watch than those he wins.

everybody loves chael. he's pretty much a celeb in brazil right now.

I have never been a fan. I agree with most of the OP. Although I don't mind him as a commentator.

A lot of mma fans are morons, though i do like watching him fold up and get beat down
Which is why you just proved you are one of those morons

:)

Even knowing his hype is an act and his chances remote against potential GOATS that are champs, he still is getting part of your money because you don't like a fake persona he created to fool stupid people into tuning in to root against him

The irony was just delicious!

He fits into the mold of what the UFC does well: talk up a fight and under-deliver in terms of having an exciting contest.

I don't know how to dumb this down any more for you

Fighting a dangerous, better fighter is a brave thing to do. Maybe you have never been in a fight outside of a video game or you would understand

A failing student has nothing to lose? First you have conveniently changed your analogy as someone already failing a course. But he also would have nothing to gain. So either way its a retarded analogy. If a student not already failing the course shows up and fails a test he didn't study for then his grades suffer. And if he skips the test he fails and his grades suffer. He can't benefit from taking a test he can't pass. Chael on the other hand can "fail" and makes fans, tons of money, make his bosses happy, and get chances in the future to repeat the process.

Do you really not understand making huge money win or lose is a good thing and nothing close to failing a test because you don't get paid huge money to fail a test or earn your teacher's favor. I know I have repeated a lot but its so freakin obvious that maybe the second time it will sink in? Your analogy isn't even remotely close

But chael getting money n fans has more to do with his mouth than fighting skills. That would be like failing kid passing or getting good grade cause he was a class clown n teacher found him abusing n did him a favor.

You mixing things up.

Go outside get some fresh air, you need it

He's a good trash talker.

The most overrated fighter on Sherdog by a mile though.

He's a midlevel fighter at best right now.

People forget that he did earn both is title shots against Anderson. As a middleweight he has done well for himself. And while I think he loses to some of the top guys at MW I think he can beat Vitor and will. He's got the style that usually breaks Vitor. He's tough at 185 no doubt. He's still capable of bringing it in the cage as of now.

Back