Trying to quit nicotine

Smoking, dipping, chewing is literally the stupidest thing to ever start in the first place. At least crack gets you a fucking great high for a time. To quit here are a few tips. Hydrate like a mofo. Go to a clinic and donate blood. Your body will produce new blood that wont have the nicotine in it. Go to saunas and sweat some toxins out. Start running. Substitute healthy food for the craving....Above all else, have a fucking will to want to quit and let nothing stop you.

Well its finally time. I have no choice but to quit the toxic nicotine and significantly cut back on my caffeine intake. Otherwise I'm going to die before I'm 40. Been using huge amounts of both since 18.

The caffeine is not too bad, I've managed to cut back from 1000+mg a day to ~300mg with out much issue. The nicotine is really proving difficult though. I've really fucked myself here, as for the last few years I've used snus pouches and would have 2 in(one on each side of mouth) literally 24/7. As in when I go to sleep I put 2 fresh ones in to sleep with, and then during the day I change them out ~10 times. its costing a small fortune and is obviously shit for my heart health.

Really struggling here. How did any of you bros manage to stop being a pussy and just do it?
Good for you. I recommend getting a hobby, mine is painting models. Such as The Predator, T-800, T-1000 and a Stargate character. It keeps your mind on something else.

Smoked for 5 years and was a pack a day at the end. Quit about a year and a half ago and never looked back.

Possibly one the strangest methods worked for me. I read a book.
51qNt0YSUxL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Well its finally time. I have no choice but to quit the toxic nicotine and significantly cut back on my caffeine intake. Otherwise I'm going to die before I'm 40. Been using huge amounts of both since 18.

The caffeine is not too bad, I've managed to cut back from 1000+mg a day to ~300mg with out much issue. The nicotine is really proving difficult though. I've really fucked myself here, as for the last few years I've used snus pouches and would have 2 in(one on each side of mouth) literally 24/7. As in when I go to sleep I put 2 fresh ones in to sleep with, and then during the day I change them out ~10 times. its costing a small fortune and is obviously shit for my heart health.

Really struggling here. How did any of you bros manage to stop being a pussy and just do it?
No one likes a quitter.

But seriously, good luck.
I know several people that quit tobacco cold turkey, that seems to be the best way.

Usually caffeine is harder to cut down on.
Or at least that is what I have observed.

My friend here would like a word with you

tlahlwohj7s21.jpg

As with changing any habit, best strategy for both short-term and long-term success is to focus on what you are getting instead of what you are giving up (nicotine).

If you're the list-making type, make a list of all the positive things that will come from becoming a non-smoker. Place it somewhere where you can see it and be reminded of what you are achieving day by day.

I've never met anyone who's ever regretted giving up smoking, so you can be assured it's a very good thing, with many many benefits. Good luck.

Good for you. I recommend getting a hobby, mine is painting models. Such as The Predator, T-800, T-1000 and a Stargate character. It keeps your mind on something else.
nah, stuff like this will never keep you off. What ends up happening is that you ignore the craving while focused on the task and then want to smoke to congratulate yourself upon completion. You have to rewire that loop by eliminating the craving altogether.

I started smoking at 15, smoked till 30

I used the patch

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS

I did it exactly like they say to, and one day i forgot to put the patch on.
So I put it on the next day - and I felt sick to my stomach. The nicotine was effecting me like people who never smoked before. So I was done with my treatment.

Don't cheat, Don't misuse the patches, take them in the correct dosages - and it will work for you.

of course - you also have to want to quit. if you half ass it, you will fail.

I know a couple that chain-smoked for 30 years then one of their parents died horribly in lung cancer.
Far as I know they both quit after that death and never touched a smoke again.

In my opinion nicotine gum is highly underutilized!! I quit very easily utilizing it!

People vape, which is one addiction to another. Bogus!!

Nicotine gum is a very low success rate. As are nicotine patches. Nicotine isn’t a very addictive drug, nothing like the mainstream make it seem. It’s on par with caffeine as far as addictiveness. Nicotine, just like caffeine is good for you in moderate doses from time to time.
What you’re actually addicted to is the cocktail that they have come up with that when combined with nicotine creates a far more addictive substance. When it comes to smoking, I’d say the majority of the addiction is more mental than it is actually physical.

nah, stuff like this will never keep you off. What ends up happening is that you ignore the craving while focused on the task and then want to smoke to congratulate yourself upon completion. You have to rewire that loop by eliminating the craving altogether.
Or you’re weak minded

Have you tried energy drinks?

Energy drinks are badass

ask @One MMA Fan and see his av for deets

I was sitting out in the smoking area with my supply sergeant one day. He was puffing a cig. He just out of the blue, takes it out of his mouth, looks at it and says,

"This is stupid."

Throws it down.

Hasn't ever smoked since.

I started smoking at 15, smoked till 30

I used the patch

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS

I did it exactly like they say to, and one day i forgot to put the patch on.
So I put it on the next day - and I felt sick to my stomach. The nicotine was effecting me like people who never smoked before. So I was done with my treatment.

Don't cheat, Don't misuse the patches, take them in the correct dosages - and it will work for you.

of course - you also have to want to quit. if you half ass it, you will fail.

Don't put a fresh patch on before you go to sleep..
Never in my life have I had such fucked up dreams.

Try this TS

But knowing you and your camping trips you might start enjoying nicotine more.

Quit dipping with cigarettes. Quit cigarettes with organic cigarettes no additives. Trying to quit those now. The dip/ chew etc is very hard to quit. The way you are using it may as well get the patch or something.

As Twain said, easiest thing to do... I've done it hundreds of times.