Trying to quit nicotine

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Well its finally time. I have no choice but to quit the toxic nicotine and significantly cut back on my caffeine intake. Otherwise I'm going to die before I'm 40. Been using huge amounts of both since 18.

The caffeine is not too bad, I've managed to cut back from 1000+mg a day to ~300mg with out much issue. The nicotine is really proving difficult though. I've really fucked myself here, as for the last few years I've used snus pouches and would have 2 in(one on each side of mouth) literally 24/7. As in when I go to sleep I put 2 fresh ones in to sleep with, and then during the day I change them out ~10 times. its costing a small fortune and is obviously shit for my heart health.

Really struggling here. How did any of you bros manage to stop being a pussy and just do it?

In my opinion nicotine gum is highly underutilized!! I quit very easily utilizing it!

People vape, which is one addiction to another. Bogus!!

I'm vaping 0 nicotine frozen raspberry eliquid atm.

You should go on a camping trip with that dude and not bring anything with nicotine or caffeine with you.

I stopped drinking and smoking altogether from January 1 2017 to May 18 2018 (decided I wanted to get fucked up "just once" on my birthday). What a fucking mistake. I'm still having those right now and it pisses me off because I don't even need them I just have this OCD thing and shit stressing me out at times.

Last edited:
substitute it with cocaine

In my opinion nicotine gum is highly underutilized!! I quit very easily utilizing it!

People vape, which is one addiction to another. Bogus!!

My brother quit using the vape pen and the gum. Basically he got a vape pen and then started with the high nicotine e-juice and kept going lower and lower until it was 0 nicotine e-juice in it.
I don't think vaping is great for you but it's WAY better than a cigarette especially if no nicotine.

Well its finally time. I have no choice but to quit the toxic nicotine and significantly cut back on my caffeine intake. Otherwise I'm going to die before I'm 40. Been using huge amounts of both since 18.

The caffeine is not too bad, I've managed to cut back from 1000+mg a day to ~300mg with out much issue. The nicotine is really proving difficult though. I've really fucked myself here, as for the last few years I've used snus pouches and would have 2 in(one on each side of mouth) literally 24/7. As in when I go to sleep I put 2 fresh ones in to sleep with, and then during the day I change them out ~10 times. its costing a small fortune and is obviously shit for my heart health.

Really struggling here. How did any of you bros manage to stop being a pussy and just do it?

Dude I'd be more worried about your gums, tongue, mouth, and throat. For the sake of keeping your oral cavity free from cancer you know you gotta quit those pouches! As mentioned, get the gum and vape pen and start tapering.

I quit both smoking and chewing at 36 years old after starting both at 15.

I've had the occasional smoke or dip after 8 months totally clean, but never jumped back on the wagon

You can do this

I recommend the patch.

My brother quit using the vape pen and the gum. Basically he got a vape pen and then started with the high nicotine e-juice and kept going lower and lower until it was 0 nicotine e-juice in it.
I don't think vaping is great for you but it's WAY better than a cigarette especially if no nicotine.
I just started off on 4mg guns for maybe 3 weeks. Then lowered to 2mg and after a month, switched to regular chewing gums. That worked for me.

I know people who switched to vaping who constantly suck on those things! Like more than twice as much as if they just smoked :eek::eek::eek:s! One addiction to another (supposed) healthier option.

Dude I'd be more worried about your gums, tongue, mouth, and throat. For the sake of keeping your oral cavity free from cancer you know you gotta quit those pouches! As mentioned, get the gum and vape pen and start tapering.
well, snus is actually different from normal loose tobacco/dip. snus has never been proven to cause any form of oral cancer or even gum recession. its completely different from dip.

but nicotine in any form is not great for the heart which is the reason I need to quit.

I just started off on 4mg guns for maybe 3 weeks. Then lowered to 2mg and after a month, switched to regular chewing gums. That worked for me.

I know people who switched to vaping who constantly suck on those things! Like more than twice as much as if they just smoked :eek::eek::eek:s! One addiction to another (supposed) healthier option.

I went from smoking--->dip--->very high nicotine vaping--->snus

everything just feels "wrong" if I try to do it with out some snus pouches in. driving, watching fights, playing games, working, sleeping etc. if I dont have them I just feel off/not right. I've really shot myself in the foot because smoking for example, you have breaks in between where your nicotine level falls until you smoke another one. I ALWAYS have double pouches in, probably 23/24 hours a day.

this thread made me go have a cigarette.

i think you should start to smoke crack instead.

I think vaping might be good. You can control the amount of nicotine you get and slowly lower the dose until you're vaping 0 nicotine.

Otherwise, Quest is a brand if cigarette you could try. If I remember correctly, Quest has three different "steps". One is lower nicotine, one is a very low dose of nicotine, and the third is a zero nicotine cigarette.

I've never tried it but I have heard good things.

Hard physical labor all day to the point where you crash on the spot when finished will minimize both intake and cravings. You can choose just about anything but make sure your output is the maximum intensity that you can sustain for 12-14 hours.

I think vaping might be good. You can control the amount of nicotine you get and slowly lower the dose until you're vaping 0 nicotine.

Otherwise, Quest is a brand if cigarette you could try. If I remember correctly, Quest has three different "steps". One is lower nicotine, one is a very low dose of nicotine, and the third is a zero nicotine cigarette.

I've never tried it but I have heard good things.
I actually like vaping and used to but the only problem is I feel like I would LOSE MY SHIT every day at work waiting for that next vape break. Sometimes it seems like having those pouches in are the only thing keeping me sane. but I guess I could always keep them on me for "emergencies" and try really hard to just make it to the next vape break.

well, snus is actually different from normal loose tobacco/dip. snus has never been proven to cause any form of oral cancer or even gum recession. its completely different from dip.

but nicotine in any form is not great for the heart which is the reason I need to quit.

I went from smoking--->dip--->very high nicotine vaping--->snus

everything just feels "wrong" if I try to do it with out some snus pouches in. driving, watching fights, playing games, working, sleeping etc. if I dont have them I just feel off/not right. I've really shot myself in the foot because smoking for example, you have breaks in between where your nicotine level falls until you smoke another one. I ALWAYS have double pouches in, probably 23/24 hours a day.

Interesting! I never knew about snus. I assumed you meant those things like Skoal Bandits or whatever thsoe things are. Basically dip but put into a pouch. In any case, like you said, the nicotine isn't good for you at all. We all have our vices so I'm certainly not judging or acting better than anyone. But if you can quit definitely do it of course!

Sounds like you'll definitely need to taper though! I'd imagine going from constant nicotine to 0 cold turkey would be killer on your body!

I think you should actually intensify your usage.