trying to order a new belt

When starting out do you juts buy any white belt and walk into a BJJ gym or do you go there and get one from them?

Matters, for the most part I am under the assumption that they give you a belt, as long as you order a Gi through them. Every club is different though, so it's really a case by case thing. Just because the gym gives you a belt doesn't mean it's good, so you may end up buying one anyways.

Kataaro does make a very nice belt. I have a blue belt. Nice and wide, and very sturdy. I have their standard 1 3/4 width, plenty wide enough. Hand made when you order right here in the USA. Took me about a week and a half to get. Stitching is nice and straight too. IMO you're not gonna get a nicer belt for the price range. Meerkatsu has a Kataaro, thats who I found out about them from.
Standard BJJ Rank Belt or Deluxe version?

I bought a Keiko and love it. Wide and heavy.

I bought a Keiko and love it. Wide and heavy.

That's odd. My friend recently go a Keiko and it was garbage. Wide but very thin and loose threads everywhere after a few weeks. Stupid quality control.

When starting out do you juts buy any white belt and walk into a BJJ gym or do you go there and get one from them?

Most gyms that I've seen have some sort of starter gi package that includes a white belt.

I have the standard BJJ version. I'm happy with it. Meerkatsu has the deluxe I think. I think they even have a coupon code you can use for a first time customer, Gives you %15 off your order. I'f your interested, I can try to take some pics and send them to you.

Please do!

I do not plan on getting embroidery until brown so a standard bjj one will probably suffice.

I have the standard BJJ version. I'm happy with it. Meerkatsu has the deluxe I think. I think they even have a coupon code you can use for a first time customer, Gives you %15 off your order. I'f your interested, I can try to take some pics and send them to you.

I would be really interested in seeing the pics, too. And do you know anything about the coupon code? Those belts look so sick. Thanks.

That's odd. My friend recently go a Keiko and it was garbage. Wide but very thin and loose threads everywhere after a few weeks. Stupid quality control.

Yea I had heard about that. A friend of mine bought one recently and his was thin and weird. I bought mine from FightersMarket.com - Your #1 source for Jiu Jitsu Gis & Grappling Gear and when it came i was super happy with it. It's apparently really hit or miss these days. I also don't like the fact that some places only sell the universal size. I like to have my belt in A2

I bought a Keiko belt recently and wasn't too impressed with the quality, very loose stitching. But one of our BBs has got one and it looks much better quality, so definitely seems that Keiko are hit and miss on quality checking on their belts.

James

Coupon code I used was RANKBELT. I'm out of town till Monday, but I will def. try to get some pics up when I get back.

Back