trying to order a new belt

the_Dark Knight

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys I know this may have been done to death already but I'll ask anyway.I wanna order a new bjj belt (blue) and I was wondering which is the best brand? I currently have a HCK which is A. to flemsy for me B. to light colored for me C. I want a belt w the little black tab at the end for the stripes ( i know childish, but hey, it looks cool) I was looking on Budovideos.com, and had my eye on the Gamness one. Anyother suggestions? I say the ones on Ouano but theyre like 20 bucks. Whats a good brand and a reasonable price?

You wouldn't be sorry if you got the Gameness.
Nice and heavy. I removed the tag though.
Hate big logos

Why do you have to buy your own belt? It's not provided for you by your instructor?

And is it a dark nice looking blue. I don't want a sky blue belt but not one that almost looks purple

Old school light blue ATAMA!!! Thats my fave, but if you want something darker get a Fuji or Padilla and Sons.

gameness belts are terrible. too rigid and come undone very easily.

vulkan belts are where it's at

Hey guys I know this may have been done to death already but I'll ask anyway.I wanna order a new bjj belt (blue) and I was wondering which is the best brand? I currently have a HCK which is A. to flemsy for me B. to light colored for me C. I want a belt w the little black tab at the end for the stripes ( i know childish, but hey, it looks cool) I was looking on Budovideos.com, and had my eye on the Gamness one. Anyother suggestions? I say the ones on Ouano but theyre like 20 bucks. Whats a good brand and a reasonable price?

HCK makes one of the wider belts around. HCK also has the black sleeve. Not sure WTF you're talking about.

just check this out:

BJJ Belts

I am sure you will find what you are looking for there... a belt is a belt and I dont even realize that I am wearing one most of the time.

Also, Gameness belts are nice too, they are not as thick as they used to be so they are easier to tie.

Kataaro makes very very nice belts as does eosin panther

Kataaro does make a very nice belt. I have a blue belt. Nice and wide, and very sturdy. I have their standard 1 3/4 width, plenty wide enough. Hand made when you order right here in the USA. Took me about a week and a half to get. Stitching is nice and straight too. IMO you're not gonna get a nicer belt for the price range. Meerkatsu has a Kataaro, thats who I found out about them from.

Has anyone tried the Kaizen Athletic BJJ belts? They are only 10 dollars at Budovideos...they also have solid reviews online.

yea idk where you got your hck because mine is great. I'm assuming its a karate belt or something.

When starting out do you juts buy any white belt and walk into a BJJ gym or do you go there and get one from them?

Back