Trying to figure something out

D Train

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So I’m listening to the most recent Cleared Hot episode and they are telling BJJ stories and I’m trying to figure who one of the guys in this crazy story was. The story took place in Portland. They never gave his name, but he was a white guy who tapped Marcelo Garcia twice in competition. At the time of the story he was running from the law and living under a fake name. He was wanted for multiple counts of aggravated rape. It sounds like he’s in prison now. Does anyone know who that might be?

That would be Cameron Earle, I don't think Earle ever submitted Marcelo but on points and Marcelo submitted him once so 2-1 overall.

Cameron Earle?

That would be Cameron Earle, I don't think Earle ever submitted Marcelo but on points and Marcelo submitted him once so 2-1 overall.

Thanks, it was a really interesting story. They told about how this homeless looking dude just rode up on an old 10 speed and asked if he could roll and he just casually smashed everyone on the mat. Everyone was like, WTF? He started training there some, but he always seemed sketch then finally someone saw a video on YT and started putting the pieces together.

Ya, in all the matches I saw Earle did really well even when he lost, its kinda weird. At the same time Marcelo lost plenty of times but those were usually against pretty famous names so its stands out.

I remember a similar thread coming up a few years ago. You can find a match on YouTube where he gets caught in a 10 finger guillotine by David Terrell

That's a name that hasn't come up for a few years.

Was one of those names in the early 00s you heard was tearing through the NAGA etc scene (with the likes of Bill Cooper and Jeff Glover etc).

I read somewhere a few years ago that someone visiting him while he was in the klink and he had changed dramatically. Like very much a shell of his former self

Back