Trying to figure something out

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by D Train, Apr 11, 2019.

1. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

So I’m listening to the most recent Cleared Hot episode and they are telling BJJ stories and I’m trying to figure who one of the guys in this crazy story was. The story took place in Portland. They never gave his name, but he was a white guy who tapped Marcelo Garcia twice in competition. At the time of the story he was running from the law and living under a fake name. He was wanted for multiple counts of aggravated rape. It sounds like he’s in prison now. Does anyone know who that might be?

2. asian-glow

asian-glow Orange Belt

Cameron Earle?

mattemate and D Train like this.
  3. jac6303

jac6303 White Belt

That would be Cameron Earle, I don't think Earle ever submitted Marcelo but on points and Marcelo submitted him once so 2-1 overall.

mattemate and D Train like this.
  4. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

Thanks, it was a really interesting story. They told about how this homeless looking dude just rode up on an old 10 speed and asked if he could roll and he just casually smashed everyone on the mat. Everyone was like, WTF? He started training there some, but he always seemed sketch then finally someone saw a video on YT and started putting the pieces together.

AZ103, mattemate and jac6303 like this.
  5. jac6303

jac6303 White Belt

Ya, in all the matches I saw Earle did really well even when he lost, its kinda weird. At the same time Marcelo lost plenty of times but those were usually against pretty famous names so its stands out.

6. mattemate

mattemate Brown Belt

I remember a similar thread coming up a few years ago. You can find a match on YouTube where he gets caught in a 10 finger guillotine by David Terrell

7. Foppa21

Foppa21 Black Belt

That's a name that hasn't come up for a few years.

Was one of those names in the early 00s you heard was tearing through the NAGA etc scene (with the likes of Bill Cooper and Jeff Glover etc).

I read somewhere a few years ago that someone visiting him while he was in the klink and he had changed dramatically. Like very much a shell of his former self

AZ103 likes this.
  8. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...lack-belt-rapist-story-from-a-friend.2363793/

Foppa21 likes this.
  9. Foppa21

Foppa21 Black Belt