Truth fightwear gloves help

thedon_1

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Ok i have been trying to get a pair of mma gloves to train with but i am having no luck. I first ordered the sparring gloves from CSI, but because i was in the uk, they slapped on $37 shipping, or like $46 for UPS. That is too much. I then ordered the fairtex sparring gloves from mastersken, but then recieved and e-mail saying their stock calculator was wrong and they would not get any more for 5 weeks. They did offer me the large size but i do not know how big it is.

Now i think its imposible to get the fairtex ones, so how are truth gloves for training? Just light sparring, to add to my grappling. Any other alternatives you can suggest that are for sparring. Also whats the shipping rates to the UK. Thanks

Also, does anyone know how much difference there is between the medium and large fairtex sparring gloves, and between a large and medium, how different is the finger length of the glove. I always thought my hands were quite small but they measured 8'", i just don't want to order a large, and find my fingers don't fir properly.

They measure 8" around the knuckles or from base of palm to fingertips? I use a medium size fairtex glove and the circumference around knuckles is 8.5 and length from base of palm to index finger is 8 inches. The part that covers the fingers comes to roughly 2/3 the way down. I prefer a glove with a tight fit as the large seem to be too big around the knuckles and slide around a bit. The large size fairtex gloves are for someone with a 9" knuckle circumference and 8" from palm to finger. If you tape or wrap your hands then you could go with a large otherwise I'd go with a medium.

Yeah my palm to longest finger is 7" and knukle circumfrence is 8". If i wrapped my hands, would i fit onto a large?

What alternatives do you recomend, because fairtex are sold out, CSIs are too much, Rogues are shit, and Truth are completely sold out.

I've only tried the 8oz TRUTH gloves and there too hard for training, but the 4oz ones are supposed to be quite good for sparring. I think shipping was only about $10 for me to the UK so that is really good.

thedon_1 said:
Yeah my palm to longest finger is 7" and knukle circumfrence is 8". If i wrapped my hands, would i fit onto a large?

What alternatives do you recomend, because fairtex are sold out, CSIs are too much, Rogues are shit, and Truth are completely sold out.

A large would fit with your hands wrapped and shouldn't go past the first bone of the fingers. Twins has some decent gloves but I feel they are overpriced. Another alternative is hte hybrid-x design/pride clone design. Most versions have laces so it could be a problem or at least an annoyance. I would personally wait for either the fairtex or truth gloves to become available. In the meantime since it's really just for practice buy whatever is cheap and feels decent. I've had around 10 pairs of gloves from various manufcaturers and the price for the fairtex gloves is well justified.

Cheers for the help guys, i e-maile fairtex, and they said they recomend a large, so i just ordered those.

Back