International Trumps tariffs on China working.

tenor.gif

Inb4 but but hurting China is hurting the world economy as a whole and that's bad for everyone

America should go back to taking it in the shorts to better the other nations out there

Fuck China. Now there is a country we should cut ties with , right there. Make up some super inflated dollar amount to charge them for all of their cyber theft, clear our debt to them and say goodbye.

American farmers need to hang on.. I don't think Trump is going to back down on this one anytime soon. I hear a lot of political adversaries pressuring Trump to back down in some form. Just yesterday NPR had a whole show on it and seemingly most of the farmers who responded were very dismayed, as well as the host Joshua Johnson, and other guests.

An undersecretary secretary, don't remember who came on the show. Essentially said hang on cause Trump isn't backing down.

Hopefully the 12 billion farmer bailout helps..

American farmers need to hang on.. I don't think Trump is going to back down on this one anytime soon. I hear a lot of political adversaries pressuring Trump to back down in some form. Just yesterday NPR had a whole show on it and seemingly most of the farmers who responded were very dismayed, as well as the host Joshua Johnson, and other guests.

An undersecretary secretary, don't remember who came on the show. Essentially said hang on cause Trump isn't backing down.

Hopefully the 12 billion farmer bailout helps..

lol.. trump's midwestern base getting btfo

Always knew America would benefit from trump focusing on China and other bad trade deals. Keep going!

Gibson-fist-pump.gif

We're hurting our own economy, but because China is also hurting, that's good?

A German economist suggested no tariffs/taxes in both directions. What a concept.

Last edited:
lol.. trump's midwestern base getting btfo

I'm wondering if the majority of the farming community actually feels this way.. or just the ones that would tune into NPR.

What I never heard was an alternative to the current trade negotiations. Just that they're hurting, that there's a bailout but they haven't seen much come out of it yet.

Here's my thing, citizens, the media, and political parties are able to influence the out come of this deal in the US. Who the hell pressures the Chinese government? Anyone? Seemingly China can be allot more pot committed than the US.

Wouldn't it sort of depend on the end result?

What is the end result that you are hoping for (and willing to pay extra taxes and in terms of a growth slowdown for)?

It is if it forces China to the negotiating table. Not so much if it ends in WWIII.

China has long been willing to negotiate. What specific outcome are you hoping for?

Last edited:
And you can thank Steve "The Visionary" Bannon for this. He was the one who instilled this strategy in Trump. It might be the only one that stuck, as clearly Bannon's tax plan didnt.

What is the end result that you are hoping for (and willing to pay extra taxes and in terms of a growth slowdown for)?

China has long been willing to negotiate. What specific outcome are you hoping for?

The trillion dollar trade surpluses they have been racking up that last 10 years says otherwise. China is in it to win it. They are stealing our IPs, they are acquiring our genomes, they are undercutting our manufacuring, and they will take our place in the world in a moment's notice, if we let them.

Thankfully, our president doesn't want them to, unlike you. It's called the big picture.

The trillion dollar trade surpluses they have been racking up that last 10 years says otherwise. China is in it to win it.

Huh? A trade deficit just means that we're buying more stuff from them than they're buying from us than we're buying from them or they're investing in us more than we're investing in them. Basically we're rewarded with free stuff for being a better place to invest. There are pros and cons to trade deficits in general. So no, the fact that we have a deficit with them doesn't mean that they're not willing to negotiate (and BTW, note that trade deficits with China are rising, not falling).

They are stealing our IPs, they are acquiring our genomes, they are undercutting our manufacuring, and they will take our place in the world in a moment's notice, if we let them.

Yeah, they do some fucked-up things. Not plausible that blunt tariffs are going to fix that (we had actually been making progress on a solution, and the TPP would have helped even more). And, yes, they do want to grow their economy and have more power. Again, shooting ourselves in the foot won't change that.

Tell my 401k we are winning.

Unbelievable that people have become so deranged that they're willing to let China keep screwing us just to oppose Trump.

Back