Trumps many, many business failings explained

I don't think this proves Forbes wrong. Can you explain?

Is Trump the only person that invested in real estate during this time? It's the same argument that relies on the privilege of having hindsight to see what did and did not succeed. It also fails to consider that these individual successes aid the bull market, and are not just a result of the bull market.

You seem to be determined to obfuscate the matter. Nobody here is claiming that Fred Trump gave his son every cent of his fortune in cash.

Assume you have a kid and you give him water, lemons and sugar, and asked all the people in the neighborhood to come buy from his stand. And then the lemonade stand makes a profit, many times over the cost of the supplies that you provided the kid.

Can you really say that the kid succeeded?

By your logic, the fact that you didn't give the kid the money in cash means that you didn't handed it over to him.

If there was only one lemonade stand, and not several in the most competitive market in the world, your analogy would be more apt.

Business owner with a truck load of money and giant buildings with his name on it. Not a bad gig.

Being born rich isn't really being successful, and he hasn't increased his wealth nearly as well as he likes to claim.

let's also bring @Thunderflash500 in on this.

From Forbes, who valuate Trump's worth at $4.5 billion, not Trump's $10 billion. (I do not know if Forbes was the location of the writer Trump tried to sue for billions because the writer dared say Trump wasn't worth ten billion.)

So what Trump did is accumulate land in New York. This is what built his fortune and Forbes suggests his other business decisions have only hurt it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/luisakr...someone-so-crazy-become-so-rich/#4231442c1a29

Only one person on this thread even suggested it was rising property values that built his fortune. No one else had any clue, but were pretty insistant he had done great things.

New York was dump when Trump made his move. His father was against it. The father you all claim was so smart, Trump went against his advice. Turned out to be massively successful. Trump got into the airplane business which to be fair wasn't that bad of a move even if it failed. Warren Buffet also invested in airlines and now ia completely against it. Is Warren Buffet a fucking moron too? Because not all of his investments were completely perfect lets mock him lol.

It's actually funny when you think about it. "Well, sure he made billions, but that was all he did! Why wasn't everything he did a billion dollar success????"

Yea, he only made billions in the most competitive arena in the world.

My favorite park is liberals thinking having some failed businesses means you're a failure as a businessman. It makes sense since the vast majority of liberals have never created a job in their lives, so they don't realize pretty much every single successful business owner in existence has had failures prior to reaching the success they have now.

He had some failures but his successes far outweigh them. It's a testament to his tenacity and skill as a businessman that he didn't give up and he overcame adversity. It's why, despite some failures, he's a billionaire today instead of some drone making $42k at a mind-numbing desk job. Keep scraping the bottom of the barrel to criticize him, guys, it doesn't look desperate at all.

So let's have trump get Some politics experience, fail at it only to make him better, then in 25 years he can run for president.

By your logic.

If there was only one lemonade stand, and not several in the most competitive market in the world, your analogy would be more apt.

There being lots of competition actually makes it worse! Because the lemonade stand wouldn't have even have broken even without the dad's assistance!

Is Trump the only person that invested in real estate during this time? It's the same argument that relies on the privilege of having hindsight to see what did and did not succeed. It also fails to consider that these individual successes aid the bull market, and are not just a result of the bull market.

I don't understand you at all right now. I wanted to know what his successes were and now i know. He took a huge risk on purchasing only in New York, even though his father was diversifying, and it paid off. He's now worth over four billion.

That's a huge fucking success. So everyone who didn't know what he did successfully... now you know

New York was dump when Trump made his move. His father was against it. The father you all claim was so smart, Trump went against his advice. Turned out to be massively successful. Trump got into the airplane business which to be fair wasn't that bad of a move even if it failed. Warren Buffet also invested in airlines and now ia completely against it. Is Warren Buffet a fucking moron too? Because not all of his investments were completely perfect lets mock him lol.

It's actually funny when you think about it. "Well, sure he made billions, but that was all he did! Why wasn't everything he did a billion dollar success????"

Who are you raging at here? I never called him a moron. I wanted to know what he did successfully and it was purchasing primarily in New York, against his father's plans, which you aknowledge.

You've been frothing at an awful lot of things on this thread that were never actually said

Who are you raging at here? I never called him a moron. I wanted to know what he did successfully and it was purchasing primarily in New York, against his father's plans, which you aknowledge.

You've been frothing at an awful lot of things on this thread that were never actually said

You know what you're doing.

It's like when John Stewart would go after people, criticize them, and then when they defended himself he'd just say "Hey man chill out, I'm a JUST comedian." Like you are JUST asking questions.

I've come up with a new theory why liberals hate Trump so much. It's because they understand his words. I wouldn't say they understand him, but the way he dumbs down his message, liberals are actually able to understand his propoganda. They don't really understand complicated topics like Obama signing into law the NDAA which allows Americans to be executed without a trial. And they don't really understand what effect Obama legalizing propaganda will have. And they don't understand how Hillary is a criminal who should be in prison. But they do understand Trump saying naught anti-pc things. So it's like, liberals who watch the daily show but don't actually understand reality can finally jump in and give their retarded input into the conversation. "Hey! Trump was anti-pc! I actually understand that! That's naughty!" "Trump ate taco bowl. Taco bowl not authentic! That is bad!" It's like Trump has hacked the idiot liberal wave length. Something Ron Paul couldn't do. Trump has tuned in to the zombie like thought wave and used it to get free media and attention. He's figured out how to get morons talking about him day and night.

It's not difficult to see that yes liberals can't stop talking about him, you don't even see Hillary on the news hardly except when she's avoiding prison. But I just now realized it's because when he's giving speeches he dumbs down the message so much, that liberals are finally actually able to understand what he's saying. They can finally talk about his speeches and feel intelligent.

Last edited:
You know what you're doing.

It's like when John Stewart would go after people, criticize them, and then when they defended himself he'd just say "Hey man chill out, I'm a JUST comedian." Like you are JUST asking questions.

I've come up with a new theory why liberals hate Trump so much. It's because they understand his words. I wouldn't say they understand him, but the way he dumbs down his message, liberals are actually able to understand his propoganda. They don't really understand complicated topics like Obama signing into law the NDAA which allows Americans to be executed without a trial. And they don't really understand what effect Obama legalizing propaganda will have. And they don't understand how Hillary is a criminal who should be in prison. But they do understand Trump saying naught anti-pc things. So it's like, liberals who watch the daily show but don't actually understand reality can finally jump in and give their retarded input into the conversation. "Hey! Trump was anti-pc! I actually understand that! That's naughty!" "Trump ate taco bowl. Taco bowl not authentic! That is bad!" It's like Trump has hacked the idiot liberal wave length. Something Ron Paul couldn't do. Trump has tuned in to the zombie like thought wave and used it to get free media and attention.

I regret questioning your grasp of this thread

I regret questioning your grasp of this thread

See, your kind always talk like this. Is there some manual out there that describes how to give goofy faces, be apathetic about everything, and how to pretend to be intellectually elite without having to actually say anything intelligent? With Bernie supports and anti trump people just constant smart ass remarks without any actual substance. Like above.

It very much applies as he quoted: "Going from Trump’s inheritance of $40 million in 1975 to his estimated net worth of $4 billion today implies a fairly similar (indeed slightly lower) real rate of return."

That's the how point of the Forbes article. Trumps gains are not that special seeing as just holding on the property he had would have given him that gain or slightly more.

That's the how point of the Forbes article. Trumps gains are not that special seeing as just holding on the property he had would have given him that gain or slightly more.

So basically it's not impressive once you recognize he risked his fortune in brick and mortar businesses, and dedicated his life to the trade. Yea it's super easy. That's why the world is full of billionaires. And we all know when a child inherits a large sum of money, they ALWAYS expand the fortune to the tune of hundreds of millions.

Still completely missing the point.

Still completely missing the point.

See, your kind always talk like this. Is there some manual out there that describes how to give goofy faces, be apathetic about everything, and how to pretend to be intellectually elite without having to actually say anything intelligent? With Bernie supports and anti trump people just constant smart ass remarks without any actual substance. Like above.

So basically it's not impressive once you recognize he risked his fortune in brick and mortar businesses, and dedicated his life to the trade. Yea it's super easy. That's why the world is full of billionaires. And we all know when a child inherits a large sum of money, they ALWAYS expand the fortune to the tune of hundreds of millions.

He took risks yes, in the beginning. They were not much risks real estate in NY was and is a pretty safe bet. More so when you have the political connections. He then decided to outside that sphere and had marginal success in establishing successful businesses.

Hundreds of millions is a big increase.

Supposedly, he would have had the same outcome just investing the money into the stock market.

So, while he's been successful he hasn't done it in an impressive fashion. I vaguely recall that someone compared his success to the housing market in general but I don't recall if he did better or worse.

Back