Trumpism vs. Woke-ism

Which movement is dangerous to a rational worldview?

• Total voters
Bill Maher and Joe Rogan are right wingers now? And just about every other comedian is a right winger?

Of course Joe is not right wing. He is a centrist. He sees the dangers of both sides. Sure, he prattles right wing talking points almost exclusively but that’s besides the point.

7-A7-AA730-CCFC-443-D-9497-1-C5-B3767-E661.jpg

In my mind Trumpism and Woke-ism are both anti-rational world views with more in common than they think.

-- They both make-up their own facts.

-- They both attack any objective standards of truth.

-- They both rely on pseudo-religious emotionalism and beliefs in their own absolute righteousness that makes it easy to engage in ends-justify-means thinking.

-- They both dehumanize those who disagree with their tenets.

-- They both have fascist tendencies.
Can you define the 2 terms? I think you are more talking about extremists and the polarized tribalism that they follow than an actual issue with the ideas that “Trumpism ” or “Wokeness” are based on.
Those people are dangerous regardless of the beliefs they use to justify their behavior but people can share beliefs with them without being dishonest or overly combative.

Nazi flags? You got a source because I need to see that. The actions of a few doesn't represent the whole. I don't think all Dems are rioters and looters because Antifa is out destroying property. Both sides have extremists but those people are extreme minorities in their viewpoints and don't represent everyone. You're painting with a very broad brush.
https://www.cbsnews.com/video/protester-interrupts-sanders-rally-with-nazi-flag/

Sheesh that was quick. Can find more if youd like

Of course Joe is not right wing. He is a centrist. He sees the dangers of both sides. Sure, he prattles right wing talking points almost exclusively but that’s besides the point.

7-A7-AA730-CCFC-443-D-9497-1-C5-B3767-E661.jpg

The point was there are people of all political stripes that complain about the woke bullshit

World history could paint every race of people as monsters. Im talking about present day united states. Its ok to know your history and be accurate and honest about the present.

I put it in quotes because I'm not sure what that means anymore. Is it anyone other than white men?
Minorities in America would be anything other than white people, racially. This country, however, was built by straight white men for straight white men. There are other predominantly white countries that don’t fit that description as well as predominantly POC countries (obviously).

We don’t even have to bring world history into it. We can just talk American history and reach the same conclusion.

No question Trump has inspired a wave of right wing violence & hate fueled killings. Is this really a debate?

Minorities in America would be anything other than white people, racially. This country, however, was built by straight white men for straight white men. There are other predominantly white countries that don’t fit that description as well as predominantly POC countries (obviously).

We don’t even have to bring world history into it. We can just talk American history and reach the same conclusion.

Ok well some like to include women in the protected class of people.

Ok thanks for the lesson on the US. Its odd how so many Asians are able to overcome that...and indians...and middle easterners....and women of all colors. I mean asians are way more successful than whites so I think the evil white man should go back to the drawing board and re-engineer this country

Wokeism of course

trumping isn’t a real movement, it’s more of a reaction to mediocre political landscape (including wokeism) in today’s society. Trumpism isn’t trying to completely change society in its core.

if politicians do their jobs correctly and interest of the ppl who vote for them are met, “trumpism” becomes obsolete.

Wokeism on the other hand tries to change society in its core.

It opposes everything that made western society successful and wants to replace it with unproven ideas.

It engages in racially charged rhetoric and blames everything on one group of ppl.

<JackieThumbsUp>

I actually don't know what "woke-ism" is. I assume that "Trump-ism" is just blindly following Trump?

The Berkley Cross-Dressing Pee-Drinking Guild, declaring their gender is "unicorn," with its 4 members and bimonthly meetings, doesn't appear to be as serious of a concern, in my opinion, as 40% of the country being bamboozled by such an obvious snake oil salesman.
Unfortunately, this viewpoint is gaining more traction in the corporate environment and education, though. There are increasingly mandatory trainings and official policies being written that not only promote realities that are arguably false, but also are caustic to civil discussion.

trumping isn’t a real movement, it’s more of a reaction to mediocre political landscape (including wokeism) in today’s society. Trumpism isn’t trying to completely change society in its core.
Strong disagree. Trumpism is a reactionary movement that is working hand in glove with apocalyptic Christian fascism. This is antithetical to the political secularism that this country was founded and thrived on.

I would rather vote for the impolite man who says mean things on twitter and rants and raves like Ghengis Khan but stands for freedom and what is right. Than vote for the polite man that stands for what is wrong.
The real problem is that Trump stands for the ultimate freedom: freedom from Reality.

Now youre just being obtuse
American Trump supporters have nothing to do with what Germany does. If Germany wants to celebrate Trump then that's on them. Trump and his supporters are two different things.

Let us know when purple haired lesbians start doing Biden inspired mass shootings in black churches & synagogues

American Trump
supporters have nothing to do with what Germany does. If Germany wants to celebrate Trump then that's on them. Trump and his supporters are two different things.
Youre completely full of shit

You dont happen to hang out with a fellow by the name of "seano" do you

Back