Trumpism vs. Woke-ism

Which movement is dangerous to a rational worldview?

• Total voters
Wokeism is about pretending to have those goals to be part of a social group.
I think the majority have noble intentions.

Just like I think many Trumpists are dupes, not literal Nazis.

"Wokeism" is mythism.

"Wokeism" didn't make Trump lose the election.

Trump made Trump lose the election.

Trump could have done any one of a MILLION THINGS to secure reelection, but his PURELY MALIGNANT NARCISSISM was his doom.

The OUTRAGE culture on every side are FRINGES. That shit is NOT the norm.

It's just that the people who do NOT partake of social media are the sane ones.

The loudest voices in the room are deafening inside echo chambers.

What needs to happen (lest humanity continue into the darkest void) is for NORMAL people to stand up.

The first step was good. Trump lost, (he was his own worst enemy) and that bodes well, but...there is work to be done on almost EVERY front.

Neither movement is particularly dangerous. Both are marginalized overall. I assume, maybe foolishly, that the average human being is capable of critical thinking and realizes these polarizing ideologies aren't the full truth.

Calling the continuing civil rights struggle the 'woke' movement is nothing more than defensive reactionary babbling by fearful bigots

Depends.

If you propose to end racism and promote social justice by any-means necessary up to an including attacking the very standards of truth and rationality by which non-coercive conversations can be had... then they can be seen as fairly analogous.
Yes. The radical notion that brown and black bodies shouldn't be murdered in the streets by an oppressive and racist police state and that LGBTQIA2+ folk should be treated with decency and respect can be analogous to literal white supremacists lionizing the, according to Noam Chomsky, worst criminal in human history.

Okay.

The issue with Trumpism is that not only ignores facts, it disdains them.

ALL non favorable reporting is branded as lies.
ALL science they don't like is branded as false.

So you would think that you could do some research and check some facts to see what science and reporting is accurate and what isn't, right? Simple enough! But wait.... Now fact checking is fake liberal biased lies planted by the deep state. That's right, the process of verifying facts can just be called liberal lies. So what are we left with? All news and scientists can't be trusted, and you can't even fact check them and explain why you disagree with them using facts because, you know...... facts don't support your arguments and are therefore fake.

That's how this became a cult. Only Trump and Trump approved media/Youtubers can be believed. Only HE tells the truth and every single unfavorable report, study, or fact is just TDS fake news.

How do we come back from this shit? These people aren't going to wake up when Trump is thrown out of office and suddenly realize they were brainwashed. This is their entire identity now for many of them and they are too far gone. Best case scenario would be that the sane half of the Republicans reject Trumpism and things get forced back into reality based platforms, but I am not hopeful considering the amount of people who voted for Trump after a 4 year dumpster fire.

While I agree with all of this, I also point out the fact that Critical Race Theory describes "a prejudice towards rational thinking" as a trait of "whiteness."

Calling the continuing civil rights struggle the 'woke' movement is nothing more than defensive reactionary babbling by fearful bigots
Not true. Someone can be 100% in favor of, say the end of voter suppression, and universal enfranchisement, but also oppose the assumptions and conclusions of Critical Race Theory, gender fluidity, etc.

Yes. The radical notion that brown and black bodies shouldn't be murdered in the streets by an oppressive and racist police state and that LGBTQIA2+ folk should be treated with decency and respect can be analogous to literal white supremacists lionizing the, according to Noam Chomsky, worst criminal in human history.

Okay.
It depends on how you go about the argument. For example, if I were to provide you with statistics showing that black people aren't killed by cops more often per encounter than white people... how would you proceed in the conversation?

Last edited:
Trumpism favors racisim, segregation, slavery & genocide

Black people just want equal opportunities & treatment. Ive yet to see a black person wave the equivelent of the confederate or nazi flag for fucks sake

Give me a break

I can't be the only one who knows at least half the people in America are poorly educated and easily fooled and or led... i mean just look at the popular vote...

Black people just want equal opportunities & treatment. Ive yet to see a black person wave the equivelent of the confederate or nazi flag for fucks sake

Give me a break
It's beyond mindboggling how twisted people's minds are.

All these apologists for white supremacy are just as guilty and responsible as literal klan members or overt Neo-Nazis.

Universal healthcare or nazis marching in the street chanting blood and soil. It's tough to pick.
"Wokeness" is not the same a supporting Medicare for All. You can support Medicare for All and not things like mandatory training in Critical Race Theory for government employees.

As anyone defined what "Trump-ism" is even supposed to be?
I'd say it's a dedication to worldview that sees Donald Trump as a central figure in a epochal struggle of good vs. evil.

Alternately, I think @WalkenWouldOwn brought up good points; Trumpism can be seen as an extreme confirmation bias to the point that all information which is favorable to Donald Trump is seen as true and all information that is detrimental to him is seen as false.

People like @bobgeese and @Seano and @Madmick who I fundamentally disagree with on most policy, I still recognize are not Trumpists.

Most people spamming the "ZOMG Evidence of VOTING FRAUDS!!!" thread are Trumpists. @Diogenes of Sinope @Eye of Newt @BonesWinckleJones ... folks like that.

Neither movement is particularly dangerous. Both are marginalized overall. I assume, maybe foolishly, that the average human being is capable of critical thinking and realizes these polarizing ideologies aren't the full truth.
Really? According to a recent surveys 70% of Republicans think Trump would have won the election if there wasn't widespread fraud.

Last edited:
"W

I'd say it's a dedication to worldview that sees Donald Trump as a central figure in a epochal struggle of good vs. evil.

with the exception of some die hard Qanon folk...who realy believes this?

are there people on this forum who do?

While I agree with the principles behind “wokeism” their lack of accountability is frustrating and completely obnoxious. Rather than point out a persons violent criminal behavior towards law enforcement that ultimately results in them being shot by police they automatically assume it’s a racially motivated attack and minorities are being hunted by police officers for no reason at all. If they were less extreme I feel like they’d have a lot more moderate support.

I can't be the only one who knows at least half the people in America are poorly educated and easily fooled and or led... i mean just look at the popular vote...
Imagine having to live & interact with them on a daily basis

I work with a Trump supporter who literally believes in bigfoot & claims he saw an alien spaceship hoover over him. He gets all his opinions from right wing news outlets

Imagine having to live & interact with them on a daily basis

I work with a Trump supporter who literally believes in bigfoot & claims he saw an alien spaceship hoover over him. He gets all his opinions from right wing news outlets
preaching to the choir man... I dealt with morons daily in NYPD and i now live in FL in a very republican area... so much fail ..

Well one of them is trying to undermine democracy as we speak and the other is trying to get you to be nicer to minorities.

Doesn't seem like a fair comparison to begin with.

One of them is pursuing legal remedies before conceding.

The other is built upon the big lie that white people aren't nice to "minorities".

Give me a break

Where do you people get this from? It couldn't be farther from the truth. I assure you the 70 million people who voted for Trump aren't what you are painting them to be. The right has some extremists yes but the left does too. Do you understand how ridiculous you sound?

Back