Trump wants more tax cuts

Many tax cuts are self-financed, do you believe that this potential 10% labor tax cut isn't self-financing?

Well first it would have to exist. No one in the legislature seems to know what he is talking about. Some of them are campaigning for their lives currently you don't think they'd be talking this up?

Secondly, no given their previous tax cutting efforts I would not expect something from the GOP to be self financing. Their most recent example requires a growth target that is best describable as unrealistic if not just farcsical. This is the same party that cites SS and Medicare as the main causes of our budget issues despite both being financed by their own specific tax.

So our only source for the existence of these cuts is the guy who doesn't know Congress isn't around right now and who currently thinks a 60 year old picked a fist fight with 15 government agents. And they'd be coming from a party that's idea of self financing is adding substantially to the debt.

Wouldn't want to hang my hat on these "cuts" being self-financing.

Many tax cuts are self-financed, do you believe that this potential 10% labor tax cut isn't self-financing?
1. The last tax cut stimulated to the economy to the tune of $50 billion in 2018. Unfortunately, it cost the Federal gov't. $250 billion in revenue losses. Tax cuts don'y "pay for themselves." The logical conclusion of "tax cuts pay for themselves" is: if we had no taxes, the government would have infinite funding!

2. This is just some shit Trump is making up to try to hold on to the House.

Last edited:
It's funny to see people that have complained about the US budget deficit have no problems with the government basically borrowing money to lower taxes. Anyone with any sort of economic responsibility would care to see the budget balanced first, but unsurprisingly we have a bunch of people who seemingly can't reason beyond "me, me, me, me...".

Given that we're in a global economic boom you can't find a better time to start to fix spending and remove the risk of the incredible debt of the US reaching a problematic level. That there was a budget deficit during the recession isn't particularly strange, but that this continues and even grows during this time is just irresponsible.

There are European countries that took a big hit in the refugee crisis, which was during a recession, and still managed to lower national debt during that time. That context makes it even more baffling that someone would fail during a big economic boom.

As do I but why didn’t he do this in the first place? Did he lie to you about the first tax cut?

Was the first tax cut not a middle class tax cut?

Could it be that the average american is paying way more attention to policy and has figured out that the tax cuts were for the rich even though he said they were for the middle class?

Who do you think owes the debt and deficit it added to?
If u cared you would have registered as a republican and voted for Rand Paul in the primaries. Because of people like you the debt is intractable so therefore it is better I spend my money then watch the government waste it.

2. This is just some shit Trump is trying to make up so he doesn't lose the House.

He's been on a roll with that stuff lately. Just making up crazy shit. And what are the chances either the media or his base holds him to any of it? I don't think we've ever seen this in America before. A whole party platform that is based on easily disprovable lies. Not like analysis that doesn't add up when you examine it closely or dumb policy ideas--just straight up conscious untruths.

Better than writing off billions in loans to buy off votes like desperate Cuckdeau up here in Canada.

The major tax cut bill Trump passed primarily benefited large corporations and high income earners. And even though many middle class folks got a modest break, and upper-middle class a little bigger break, the cuts are actually really unpopular. This was obvious from the start, but Republicans don't fucking care. They pass unpopular policies that redistribute wealth upward while they fool rubes into voting for them over culture war issues.

This is an obvious attempt to try and win back some popularity with regular folks that are not happy with the tax cuts. It's absurd.

He will have to cut Gov't spending. Can't keep cutting taxes and keeping the same level of Gov't spending.

CUT GOV'T SPENDING!

This is very easy to say and very hard to do in practice. In principle, just about every agrees that there are areas to cut spending but the parties are really far apart on what to actually cut. And often cuts that would actually be meaningful, opposed to immaterial cuts, are actually really popular programs (like social security, for example).

Republicans are really good at cutting taxes (which is the low hanging fruit of policy) and really bad at cutting spending.

The level of disdain Trump shows his voters is remarkable. He can make claims about tax cuts that won't happen or migrant hordes that aren't actually going to get in the country, but he knows his base won't question him on his bullshit this close to the midterms.

If u cared you would have registered as a republican and voted for Rand Paul in the primaries. Because of people like you the debt is intractable so therefore it is better I spend my money then watch the government waste it.
Rand is a blow hard and full of shit. I also don't believe in trickle down economics.

The level of disdain Trump shows his voters is remarkable. He can make claims about tax cuts that won't happen or migrant hordes that aren't actually going to get in the country, but he knows his base won't question him on his bullshit this close to the midterms.

He's also going to be secure in the knowledge the base will simply disbelieve accurate media stories and will follow media that is happy to lie on his behalf. Plus, the MSM will report facts vs. crazy lies as just a matter of partisan controversy.

As do I but why didn’t he do this in the first place? Did he lie to you about the first tax cut?

Was the first tax cut not a middle class tax cut?

In fairness, Trump used a unique mathematical approach to define the "middle class" that his tax cuts were targeted to benefit. It works like this:

The lowest paid full-time employee in the US made roughly $15,000 in 2017. While the highest paid American made 40 billion dollars.

So the "middle class" constitutes those making approximately 20 billion dollars per year.

And there is no doubt that the Trump tax cuts helped these folks out. A lot.

Verdict: Promise kept.

This is almost as good as when trump complimented the Australian PM for having a great HC system.

This was on the eve of the shitpublicans trying to gut our entire healthcare system and make it far far worse than anything we’ve had before.

Classic buffoonery

Donald Jehovah Trump
Mr. Cohn - English - Period 2
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

Huck Finn was a boy. He was a carefree boy. Huck was called Huck because he could throw a ball a long way. Huck had a friend named Tom Sawyer. Huck says racist words sometimes. Huck likes berries too.

Huck says racist words, the best words. Tremendous words. Just ask anyone.

Back