Trump vs Boris

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Trump is losing the support of the United States' closest ally after the president slammed down the phone on them during an 'apoplectic' call

5e131866855cc231d3020532

Donald Trump and Boris Johnson
Getty

• Donald Trump is close to losing the support of the United States' closest ally after a growing series of public rows.
    • The president reportedly slammed down the phone on UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson during what officials described as an "apoplectic" call.
    • In recent weeks Johnson and senior members of his government have staged repeated public criticisms of Trump and his administration.
    • Johnson has accused Trump of "failing to lead" and "letting the air out of the tires of the world economy."
Donald Trump's previously close relationship with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson looks close to collapse, following new revelations that the president slammed down the phone on him.

Trump's behaviour during last week's call was described by officials as "apoplectic," and Johnson has now reportedly shelved plans for an imminent visit to Washington.

Johnson had been one of Trump's few close international allies, with the president labelling Johnson "fantastic," a "good man" and "Britain Trump."

However, relations broke down following a series of high-profile threats from Trump and a series of pointed interventions against Trump by Johnson and senior members of his government.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-ally-boris-johnson-abandoning-president-after-apoplectic-call-2020-2?amp

What you going to do Trump, when MI6 comes for you.

Boris is so much more intelligent than Trump, and Trump can't attack Boris as a leftist.

The UK didn't leave the EU to become our bitch. Boris is going to act in the interests of the UK, and good luck trying to bully him. He will put on display how much more intelligent he is than Trump for everyone to see.

Trump fittin to get his shit pushed in.

Discuss.......

Considering the UK needs the States for free trade I doubt anything will come from this. They need the US more than the other way around.

Considering the UK needs the States for free trade I doubt anything will come from this. They need the US more than the other way around.

Why does the UK need anything from the US?

It is a small island that is a power house in its own right.

Boris may look a little bit like a dumb private school boy, but he is actually quite intelligent.

Trump may look stupid, and; yeah.......... Not much more to add

Boris may look a little bit like a dumb private school boy, but he is actually quite intelligent.

Trump may look stupid, and; yeah.......... Not much more to add

I wish Boris was our president.

I listened to him on the commons floor during the Brexit debates, and God damn that dude is sharp.

Why does the UK need anything from the US?

It is a small island that is a power house in its own right.
Will considering the EU is salty about the UK leaving I think they can use some friends.

Trump supporters here are going to act as if America doesn't need any allies to be great while forgetting that the reason they were great for so long was because they unified the Western world. Losing that and acting as though having the biggest singular commercial market is their saving grace is what's going to cost them dearly of they don't turn things around

I wish Boris was our president.

I listened to him on the commons floor during the Brexit debates, and God damn that dude is sharp.

Dude can recite The Iliad from memory, in Greek. He’s as smart as he is ridiculous looking.

but forgive me if officials familiar with the matter have opinions of a trump phone call with him doesn’t really move the needle at this point.

Dude can recite The Iliad from memory, in Greek. He’s as smart as he is ridiculous looking.

but forgive me if officials familiar with the matter have opinions of a trump phone call with him doesn’t really move the needle at this point.

It's all about Huawei.

Why would the UK leave the EU to take back their self determination, just to bow to the US?

The UK and Boris are going to do what is in the interests of the UK and Boris.

Trump is barking up the wrong tree, trying to impose his will here.

If that's true it's hilarious. Trump just slamming phones down on people, love it.

I say we just conquer the UK along with annexing Canada too. With Canada all it would take is a phone call to Trudeau and he'll surrender.

Trump should just say it’s my way or the Huawei.

Boris is saying his stuff from a position of weakness. He doesn't really have a choice outside of campaigning for "free trade" with the likes of America and China, now that Britain has left the EU.

Trump's America doesn't have to be making "deals with the devil", with sketchy operators like Huawei, unlike Johnson's Britain.

Would be interesting if Trumps greatest foreign allies started abandoning him

Bolsonaro won’t tho he’s got a tight grip on Trumps jockstrap

Trump is losing the support of the United States' closest ally after the president slammed down the phone on them during an 'apoplectic' call

5e131866855cc231d3020532

Donald Trump and Boris Johnson
Getty

• Donald Trump is close to losing the support of the United States' closest ally after a growing series of public rows.
    • The president reportedly slammed down the phone on UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson during what officials described as an "apoplectic" call.
    • In recent weeks Johnson and senior members of his government have staged repeated public criticisms of Trump and his administration.
    • Johnson has accused Trump of "failing to lead" and "letting the air out of the tires of the world economy."
Donald Trump's previously close relationship with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson looks close to collapse, following new revelations that the president slammed down the phone on him.

Trump's behaviour during last week's call was described by officials as "apoplectic," and Johnson has now reportedly shelved plans for an imminent visit to Washington.

Johnson had been one of Trump's few close international allies, with the president labelling Johnson "fantastic," a "good man" and "Britain Trump."

However, relations broke down following a series of high-profile threats from Trump and a series of pointed interventions against Trump by Johnson and senior members of his government.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-ally-boris-johnson-abandoning-president-after-apoplectic-call-2020-2?amp

What you going to do Trump, when MI6 comes for you.

Boris is so much more intelligent than Trump, and Trump can't attack Boris as a leftist.

The UK didn't leave the EU to become our bitch. Boris is going to act in the interests of the UK, and good luck trying to bully him. He will put on display how much more intelligent he is than Trump for everyone to see.

Trump fittin to get his shit pushed in.

Discuss.......

You don't seem like a guy who would be in favour of Johnson's plan to open Britain up to China?

That's what Trump has been furious about.

Boris Johnson is your basic neo-liberal guy who sells countries for personal profit. Nothing more.

I don't see why he's suddenly receiving this praise after people have been mislabeling him as a "conservative" and "Britain's Trump" for years. Did the media and the hacks just now figure out that he's their guy?

Trump supporters here are going to act as if America doesn't need any allies to be great while forgetting that the reason they were great for so long was because they unified the Western world. Losing that and acting as though having the biggest singular commercial market is their saving grace is what's going to cost them dearly of they don't turn things around

Non-sense.

We gave the rest of the world sweet heart deals in trade in exchange for security compacts against the USSR.

Well the USSR is dead, and we have no need for those sweet heart deals anymore.

We don't need anyone. They need us.

Back