Trump views Obama's speeches as the Cure to Insomnia (article)

I watched Obama's speech. Actually it's evident that Obama is shook and Trump is in Obama's head.

Trump being rustled isn't news.

Dump.

TS sounds scared

Yes he has. But think about his message which is social justice. It's all about dividing people up into victim groups. And his solution is to elevate people into power who have the highest victim status. And that's what he said in his speech.

How about we just go get the best people for the job and not care about cultural marxism and social justice victim status?
The idea that resources and currency (social, political or economic) could be gained by doing nothing or less than nothing - by falsely accusing others of victimising by group, has never been more popular. Colin Kaepernick is one example but the metoo and checkyourprivilege and countless more are out there.

You are 100% correct but the current phenomenon afflicting many on the left today I put down to two things more than anything else - laziness and cowardice. Laziness to do work and get ahead in favor of blaming others for one’s failures, laziness to fact-check the MSM and Hollywood culture, laziness and cowardice to speak the truth and to acknowledge the truth about immigration, about politics, about culture, and about religion.

Obama appealed to these qualities more than anything else.

The idea that resources and currency (social, political or economic) could be gained by doing nothing or less than nothing - by falsely accusing others of victimising by group, has never been more popular. Colin Kaepernick is one example but the metoo and checkyourprivilege and countless more are out there.

You are 100% correct but the current phenomenon afflicting many on the left today I put down to two things more than anything else - laziness and cowardice. Laziness to do work and get ahead in favor of blaming others for one’s failures, laziness to fact-check the MSM and Hollywood culture, laziness and cowardice to speak the truth and to acknowledge the truth about immigration, about politics, about culture, and about religion.
Great points

Obama appealed to these qualities more than anything else.

Don't forget weakness.

Obama is an insufferable piece of shit, hopefully soon he’ll go away for good and leave us all alone.

Wonder what you think of Trump if you hate Obama this much lol.

Normal precedents and traditions do apply. Obama is just putting his own political interests above the good of the country, again, and he always will.
My bad. You should let the President know about that.

Wonder what you think of Trump if you hate Obama this much lol.

I don’t love him as much as some do and I don’t hate him anywhere near as much as the left does. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

In other words, I don’t think he’s all that amazing but he’s far faaaaaaar from as evil/bad as the left would have you believe.

Former President Barack Obama launched his return to the campaign trail Friday with a fiery speech accusing President Trump and the GOP of fueling "division and resentment" -- but the sitting president responded with a yawn.

"I'm sorry, I watched but I fell asleep," Trump teased, speaking at a political rally minutes later for GOP Senate candidate Kevin Cramer in Fargo, North Dakota. "I found he's very good for sleeping."

At a rally later in the day in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for gubernatorial candidate Rep. Kristi Noem, he told supporters: "President Obama made a speech, now if that doesn't get you out to vote for the midterms, nothing will."

The back-and-forth between the sitting and former presidents sets the stage for a battle of the mega-surrogates heading into the November midterms. Trump has promised to ramp up his campaign appearances for GOP candidates and, with Obama flexing his political muscle once again, he will have a worthy competitor.

Obama's campaign season debut launches his midterm effort to rally Democrats to the polls and end Republicans' grip on power in Congress. The former president warned Friday that the stakes are high and the consequences of staying on the sidelines “dire.”

Delivering some of his toughest broadsides against the GOP since leaving office – and referring to Trump by name, something he used to avoid – Obama said there are certain "powerful and privileged" people who want to "keep us angry."

“It did not start with Donald Trump,” Obama said. “He is a symptom, not the cause. He’s just capitalizing on resentments that politicians have been fanning for years.”

But speaking in Fargo, Trump dismissed Obama's speech and mocked his claim that Trump was taking credit for a booming economy that started during the prior administration.

"I think he was trying to take credit for this incredible thing happening to our country," he said. "I have to say to President Obama, it wasn't him, and if the Democrats got in with their agenda ... instead of having 4.2 [percent GDP growth] up, you have 4.2 down, you'd be in negative numbers."

He said that Obama had overseen the "weakest recovery in the history of our country."

"This is called not a recovery, but a rocket ship," he said in reference to the economy under his watch, as he touted his achievements. He also warned voters that Democrats "would destroy Medicare and destroy Social Security," two things he said that Republicans would protect.

"Isn't this more exciting than listening to President Obama?" he later asked his crowd. <TheDonald>

The presidential sniping foreshadowed a fight that is likely to increasingly play out as both presidents rally their parties. Trump stopped in Montana Thursday night and will head to South Dakota after his appearance in Fargo.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-fiery-speech-trump-counters-fell-asleep.html

I am sure THIS thread is going to be very popular....for many to poop on. <Moves>

this is like when i have really dumb friends who can only watch movies that are comics or comedies. anything else is "boring." too much talking etc. when you dont understand things, and cant play with ideas, lots of things are boring and you lose interest quickly.

by nearly all accounts who arent nut huggers, trump is legitimately sub-par intelligence. he was given a small loan of a million bucks. has declared bankruptcy several times. many people of mediocre intelligence could do well with that. not surprising that he cant make it through speeches that involve big words.

No wonder right wingers voted for Trump. Seeing how much Obama triggers you guys.

The only thing he really did in his terms was pass Obamacare and be President while gay marriage was passed by the courts.

Yet you call him the worst President ever.

I wonder what 'other' things really bothered you about him? Hmm what could it be....

FYI Bush was trotted out for the midterms in Obama's presidency. It's standard behavior. Wanting him to go away or thinking he's hogging the spotlight reveals you don't know tactics of political campaigning.

this is like when i have really dumb friends who can only watch movies that are comics or comedies. anything else is "boring." too much talking etc. when you dont understand things, and cant play with ideas, lots of things are boring and you lose interest quickly.

by nearly all accounts who arent nut huggers, trump is legitimately sub-par intelligence. he was given a small loan of a million bucks. has declared bankruptcy several times. many people of mediocre intelligence could do well with that. not surprising that he cant make it through speeches that involve big words.
Anyone who genuinely believes that Trump has below average intelligence is a fucking imbecile. I mean that literally. In order to have observed politics for the last few years and actually believe that is kind of stunning. Kim Kardashian is well above average intellectually, Paris Hilton is well above average intellectually, virtually everyone who achieves anything in the public sphere of any note possesses well above average intelligence.

But coming from someone like you in particular that has displayed virtually no ability to handle issues of even middling complexity is particularly galling and absurd.

No, actually it was Obama who had a disdain for American traditions. Trump certainly has not helped much to right the ship but Obama is responsible for damaging the office of the Presidency, in my view.

Tan suits and Dijon all day

Fuck da police

Anyone who genuinely believes that Trump has below average intelligence is a fucking imbecile. I mean that literally. In order to have observed politics for the last few years and actually believe that is kind of stunning. Kim Kardashian is well above average intellectually, Paris Hilton is well above average intellectually, virtually everyone who achieves anything in the public sphere of any note possesses well above average intelligence.

But coming from someone like you in particular that has displayed virtually no ability to handle issues of even middling complexity is particularly galling and absurd.

*goes on to say the literal stupidest thing ever said*

If your benchmark of intelligence is one's ability to fleece dumb masses - and they are exceedingly dumb, they are mostly like you - you neither understand the word "intelligence", nor do you possess it to any appreciable degree.

Back