Trump views Obama's speeches as the Cure to Insomnia (article)

glenwo2

Adamantium Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Former President Barack Obama launched his return to the campaign trail Friday with a fiery speech accusing President Trump and the GOP of fueling "division and resentment" -- but the sitting president responded with a yawn.

"I'm sorry, I watched but I fell asleep," Trump teased, speaking at a political rally minutes later for GOP Senate candidate Kevin Cramer in Fargo, North Dakota. "I found he's very good for sleeping."

At a rally later in the day in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for gubernatorial candidate Rep. Kristi Noem, he told supporters: "President Obama made a speech, now if that doesn't get you out to vote for the midterms, nothing will."

The back-and-forth between the sitting and former presidents sets the stage for a battle of the mega-surrogates heading into the November midterms. Trump has promised to ramp up his campaign appearances for GOP candidates and, with Obama flexing his political muscle once again, he will have a worthy competitor.

Obama's campaign season debut launches his midterm effort to rally Democrats to the polls and end Republicans' grip on power in Congress. The former president warned Friday that the stakes are high and the consequences of staying on the sidelines “dire.”

Delivering some of his toughest broadsides against the GOP since leaving office – and referring to Trump by name, something he used to avoid – Obama said there are certain "powerful and privileged" people who want to "keep us angry."

“It did not start with Donald Trump,” Obama said. “He is a symptom, not the cause. He’s just capitalizing on resentments that politicians have been fanning for years.”

But speaking in Fargo, Trump dismissed Obama's speech and mocked his claim that Trump was taking credit for a booming economy that started during the prior administration.

"I think he was trying to take credit for this incredible thing happening to our country," he said. "I have to say to President Obama, it wasn't him, and if the Democrats got in with their agenda ... instead of having 4.2 [percent GDP growth] up, you have 4.2 down, you'd be in negative numbers."

He said that Obama had overseen the "weakest recovery in the history of our country."

"This is called not a recovery, but a rocket ship," he said in reference to the economy under his watch, as he touted his achievements. He also warned voters that Democrats "would destroy Medicare and destroy Social Security," two things he said that Republicans would protect.

"Isn't this more exciting than listening to President Obama?" he later asked his crowd. <TheDonald>

The presidential sniping foreshadowed a fight that is likely to increasingly play out as both presidents rally their parties. Trump stopped in Montana Thursday night and will head to South Dakota after his appearance in Fargo.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-fiery-speech-trump-counters-fell-asleep.html

I am sure THIS thread is going to be very popular....for many to poop on. <Moves>

“Mr. Trump went on to say ‘I mean he speaks... his sentences, they’re - it’s followable. Who wants that kind of certainty in words?’”

Obama is an insufferable piece of shit, hopefully soon he’ll go away for good and leave us all alone.

My god, has anyone in history ever been as emasculated as obama after trump won, erased his legacy, then went on to be an actual good president?

I listened to Obama's speech. But had my coffee with me. He pretty much whined about how conservatives weren't conservative, complained about trump, complained about republicans. Made a KKK reference, talked about nazis and racism

His solutions were voting and we need more women in power.

Also more diversity.

It wasn't one of his best speeches.

The grown ups need to play nice so the children can have a good example to follow. All of this bickering, name calling, and juvenile behavior is indeed viewable by the rest of the world. It's embarrassing. Many Americans are enjoying the show, but it's a poor reflection of our culture. Our respectability is falling.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26...lics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/

https://www.newsweek.com/global-res...-sharply-under-trump-opposite-happened-784298

https://www.economist.com/graphic-d...s-global-standing-plummets-under-donald-trump

I listened to Obama's speech. But had my coffee with me. He pretty much whined about how conservatives weren't conservative, complained about trump, complained about republicans. Made a KKK reference, talked about nazis and racism

His solutions were voting and we need more women in power.

Also more diversity.

It wasn't one of his best speeches.

Didn't he once refer to Hilary as a racist?

“But I don’t get to watch much television. Primarily because of documents."

bf5e7792195d15b2b39cad1906c200e53cf8a8447abfc88c9037a72ccec704d8_1.jpg

Drump fell asleep during Obama's speech, but is some how still butt hurt about it. I guess if your butt hurts enough sleep is hard to cum by.

Last edited:
Trump's such a high energy alpha!

But serially, all speeches are good for snoozing

Old people fall asleep all the time.

Obama is an insufferable piece of shit, hopefully soon he’ll go away for good and leave us all alone.
He won't. Way too easy for him to profit off of the low IQs in our country who are race obsessed. Wouldn't be surprised if Barack got a Nike deal.

Trump owned his ass here though. Perfect response from the scum lord who was coined the 'Divider in Chief'.

Coherent sentences are Trump's kryptonite.

He won't. Way too easy for him to profit off of the low IQs in our country who are race obsessed. Wouldn't be surprised if Barack got a Nike deal.

Trump owned his ass here though. Perfect response from the scum lord who was coined the 'Divider in Chief'.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Back