Trump/Ukraine V24 Trump Trial Begins, w/POLL!!!

Witnesses 1-for-1? (Biden, Schiff, Bolton, Mulvaney, etc.?) Trump Removed Or Not?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
well I myself am not sure that Donald Trump should be removed from office for this but I wouldn’t be too upset if he was.

And he should absolutely lose the election because of this - he betrayed his oath of office

I am surprised to hear you say that... I appreciate the candor.

<mma4>

Here’s trumps out based on What Bolton said in book:

Bolton said Trump would like the aid held up until the investigations were under way, not that the aid was tied to the investigations. He would just feel more comfortable knowing the aid was going to a country committed to rooting out corruption

Bolton said Trump would like the aid held up until the investigations were under way, not that the aid was tied to the investigations. He would just feel more comfortable knowing the aid was going to a country committed to rooting out corruption
The whole thing seems kind of nuts to me. We giving out millions in aid when we are in debt up to our asses and are borrowing the money we are giving out from other Countries like China. I know they need it, but at some point... It just starts looking a little crazy... o_O

Like hell it is. This is supposed to be a last resort, not what Popular Culture thinks should happen. What's your opinion on using Impeachment as a Political Weapon when there's no bi-partisan support? Do you think what the Bidens did with Burisma was corrupt? Because if you do, your entire Impeachment case goes right out the window.
I'm not sure how this relates to anything I said, but the House needs a simple majority to impeach, the Senate needs 67 to remove. All those people are elected to represent us. This couldn't be clearer. We hire and fire politicians democratically. The House saw an obvious abuse of power and had the votes to impeach, deal with it. The Senate has enough of a dumb shit base to say it's ok, so us people who care about America have to deal with that.

Trump can make the Biden defense if he wants. I'm talking about making sure everyone has all the facts, so bring it on. Your boy is hiding from the facts like a bitch, though.

His out is that he was looking to investigate corruption regarding Burisma. Biden being inconveniently tied to it, is irrelevant.

What does it matter though? Aid was released unconditionally. That's the bottom line, and why the Dems ultimately have no case.

I just object to the idea that what really matters is what the hoi polloi think about anything. It ain't a trial by popular opinion.
It is literally voted on by our elected reps, though. Not some randomly selected jury that's selected by lawyers, instructed to ignore the news, and then sequestered for deliberation or whatever. This is a public spectacle and the public has the ultimate say, to a degree. Obviously we can't can't just keep someone around if they murder in broad daylight, even if folks really like them. That's why I say it's an oversimplification, but in this case I think it applies.

I get what you're saying, though, I just think if there's enough ambiguity about the offense that it should pretty closely follow the voters' will. And all relevant facts obviously should be available for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back