Trump-Ukraine Megathread v5 is 'crazy,' & 'frightening'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking news, the White House is refusing to turn over documents related to Ukraine ordered by a Congressional subpoena.

I wonder why?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tr...uments-democrats-impeachment-inquiry-n1063771

Uh, bc everyone would be happy of the same rules of other impeachment proceedings were followed. And pelosi can hold a vote and make it official.

Why won’t they do that? Bc they don’t want to “make it official” bc their ass would be in the fire as well for all the bullshit they are pulling.

Uh, bc everyone would be happy of the same rules of other impeachment proceedings were followed. And pelosi can hold a vote and make it official.

Why won’t they do that? Bc they don’t want to “make it official” bc their ass would be in the fire as well for all the bullshit they are pulling.
<YeahOKJen>

Same reason they won't do a real vote on the green new deal lol.

ya the White House has taken a position that the Congress is not a Co Equal arm of Gov't who can choose how to run their own investigation and that instead they are a ward of the White House who will run their investigation as the White House dictates to them.

ya the White House has taken a position that the Congress is not a Co Equal arm of Gov't who can choose how to run their own investigation and that instead they are a ward of the White House who will run their investigation as the White House dictates to them.
The obstruction charge is far more difficult for the Senate to acquit Trump on. This stonewalling is just stupid politics but I'm not sure the WH has a good option.

1. Who admitted corruption?
2. Where is the evidence that Biden or his son did anything imporer?
3. It is improper(if not, illegal) to ask a foreign country to investigate your political rivals. Period.
4. Trump is so concerned about corruption? Manafort,Flynn,Stone,Gates,Cohen,Papadopoulos, are all felons that he hired. Right..
5. POTUS is not an "investigator", that is nowhere in the job description. If there are legitimate crimes being committed that is the job of the FBI to investigate. That whole cracking down on corruption talking point is blatantly dishonest considering Trump's motives are crystal clear.
5. Where is the evidence that the DNC hired Steele?
1. Seriously? Biden admitting threatening Petro Poroshenko if he didn't fire the guy investigating his son is on youtube right now.
2. There's no goddamn question about his son's improprieties. Call me old fashioned, but without even mentioning Ukraine, getting booted from the military for coke, a separate crack deal gone wrong on skid row and fucking his dead brother's wife seem pretty improper. Do you think they just posted the job on monster.com and decided they really need a crack addict who doesn't speak a word of Russian to head up the energy industry in Ukraine?
3. It is for a "you show me the guy and I'll show you the crime" like they did to Trump, it is not if it's a specific, admitted incident.
4. Ah, right, taxi medallions from 30 years ago from guys who worked on his campaign for 5 seconds. This is it!
5. Correct, which is why he's not investigating anything.
5 again(I think you meant 6). Apparently he's not allowed to even ask about the DNC obviously hiring Steele. Mentioning democrat corruption is impeachable, evidently.

Where is this rule that the full house has to vote to start an impeachment inquiry?

Bruh, this wasn't 40 years ago and Biden's not even the nominee. They already know how bad this looks for him and have moved their support to Warren. Who the hell needs a "whistleblower" on a conversation for which the transcript has been released to the public?

Who the hell needs a whistleblower? Also it’s a summary of the call, not a transcript. So you are saying you trust this man 100% that he didn’t leave anything out that might be important?

If you say yes then I’m amazed at how much freedom you’d be willing to give up.

Last edited:
1. Seriously? Biden admitting threatening Petro Poroshenko if he didn't fire the guy investigating his son is on youtube right now.
2. There's no goddamn question about his son's improprieties. Call me old fashioned, but without even mentioning Ukraine, getting booted from the military for coke, a separate crack deal gone wrong on skid row and fucking his dead brother's wife seem pretty improper. Do you think they just posted the job on monster.com and decided they really need a crack addict who doesn't speak a word of Russian to head up the energy industry in Ukraine?
3. It is for a "you show me the guy and I'll show you the crime" like they did to Trump, it is not if it's a specific, admitted incident.
4. Ah, right, taxi medallions from 30 years ago from guys who worked on his campaign for 5 seconds. This is it!
5 again(I think you meant 6). Apparently he's not allowed to even ask about the DNC obviously hiring Steele. Mentioning democrat corruption is impeachable, evidently.

Lets start at 1.

The entire premise of your answer is wrong. Biden's son was never even under investigation. Secondly:

Former Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko has dismissed allegations from President Trump that he had been pressured by former Vice President Joe Biden to close an investigation into Burisma Holdings, a natural gas company that Hunter Biden sat on the board of.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...esident-says-biden-never-asked-to-close-cases

wait, doesn't TDS work both ways? I mean, those who obsess over the man - hating & loving him irrationally fall into the 'deranged' category.

I can't be the only one who originally saw it that way, right?

Its not old fashioned, its being stupid.

There was a bipartisan effort led by both REPUBLICANS and Dems in the Senate passed to pressure the Ukraine to get the Prosecutor out. Biden was chosen as the messenger but it was not Biden's action. He did not start it and was not the one to push it. He was just chosen to ask.

This effort started years BEFORE Biden's son joined the Board so wanting him gone had NOTHING to do with Biden and his son. The reason they wanted him gone was because he WAS NOT investigating and was protecting suspected corrupt companies including the ones Biden's son went to work for.

So getting rid of that Prosecutor put the company Biden's son worked for at RISK.

These were all the other parties calling for the Prosecutor to be removed. So if Biden should be investigated so too should the Republicans who supported this and all those leaders listed below.

- President of France
- President of Germany
- State Department
- US Embassy
- The EU
- The IMF
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development

wait, doesn't TDS work both ways? I mean, those who obsess over the man - hating & loving him irrationally fall into the 'deranged' category.

I can't be the only one who originally saw it that way, right?
of course it works both ways.

I would say you see far more Trump defenders with TDS than on the other side. The crazy lengths they go to defend anything Trump and then watching as Trump admits to it and they just change to the new defense is hilarious.

Its not old fashioned, its being stupid.

There was a bipartisan effort led by both REPUBLICANS and Dems in the Senate passed to pressure the Ukraine to get the Prosecutor out. Biden was chosen as the messenger but it was not Biden's action. He did not start it and was not the one to push it. He was just chosen to ask.

This effort started years BEFORE Biden's son joined the Board so wanting him gone had NOTHING to do with Biden and his son. The reason they wanted him gone was because he WAS NOT investigating and was protecting suspected corrupt companies including the ones Biden's son went to work for.

So getting rid of that Prosecutor put the company Biden's son worked for at RISK.

These were all the other parties calling for the Prosecutor to be removed. So if Biden should be investigated so too should the Republicans who supported this and all those leaders listed below.

- President of France
- President of Germany
- State Department
- US Embassy
- The EU
- The IMF
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Oh well then a one or two year investigation should turn up nothing. What are you afraid of

Where is this rule that the full house has to vote to start an impeachment inquiry?

It’s happened every other time, and the republicans did it for the democrats last time.

Democrats are afraid, and I don’t blame them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back