Trump tweeting flat out lies and wild accusations again...

It's amazing. The fired head of the Bureau just testified that his meeting with Trump was so fucking bizarre, he felt like he needed to keep written notes.
Vindicated!
So keeping notes of a meeting is suddenly cause for belief of corruption? Shit man, I was just taking notes at a meeting the other day, I must be corrupt.

Do you people realize how ludicrous you sound? Comey taking notes at a meeting = Trump should be impeached.

But you are so indoctrinated you can't clearly see what you are saying.

I see the liberal spin machine is in full effect. Sorry guys but Trump has been completely and fully vindicated.

"and WOW, Comey is a leaker!"
Pathetic spin attempt and totally fake news attempt. Comey was a private citizen thanks to Trump firing him. Conversations between the President are not instantly or automatically classified. What the GOP are really doing is calling Comey a snitch. You are not "leaking" your own private memo's to unclassified conversations.

Everyone including the recepient, the NYT, has been referring to the memo as "leaked".

And by opinion, you mean the memo's an intelligence professional wrote immediately after a conversation with the President of the United States (and shared with his peers for future reference) that completely show an opposite side to what Trump is now claiming. In the end, it shows that our President has zero respect for the integrity of our political institutions as long as he gets what he wants.
You're taking Comey's memo like gospel...in the end it amounted to diddly squat. It was nothing but to put Trump in bad light but not to impeach him. And Comey actually admitted he leaked...but I'm sure you find him honest and dignified...

How can you leak your own memos? BTW trump was the first to talk about these meetings these memos are about.

"implied that he felt Trump was trying to influence"

Wow what a strong statement. Leftists these days don't realize they are seriously trying to impeach someone on the 'feelings' of someone who was in their own words incompetent.

I'm sorry, but politics doesn't work on feelings. You can't impeach someone based on an implied feeling that someone was trying to do something. Especially when the person doing the 'implying' of those 'feelings' is someone who leftists also thought was an incompetent who needed to be fired just months before.

You can impeach the President for no reason at all if everyone in Congress agrees on it.

Except you just did, by making that absurd comparison.

When Libs get mad, they get dumb.

Go ahead and explain why it's absurd then. Educate me.

@Scheme

It's not the fact that he kept notes. It's the fact that he kept notes because he found the conversations to be highly inappropriate. It's the fact that he did this before he was fired because he had concerns. This isn't just the words of a disgruntled former employee. These are the words of the acting FBI director, backed up by the colleagues he told.

A little disappointed. You know he wanted to unleash a twitter tirade like we've never seen yesterday, but he didn't. Now he only leaves us with this.

Sad!

How can you leak your own memos? BTW trump was the first to talk about these meetings these memos are about.

What makes you think you can't leak your own memos? These were secret notes that not even Congress have been able to aquire. Comey went and secretly passed them off to the press. The fact that he was the author is irrelevant. If I send an email chain between me and my boss to a journalist, I'm still a leaker even though they were my emails.

You're taking Comey's memo like gospel...in the end it amounted to diddly squat. It was nothing but to put Trump in bad light but not to impeach him. And Comey actually admitted he leaked...but I'm sure you find him honest and dignified...

Comey released his personal notes of an unclassified conversation after he was a private citizen, and was well in his rights to do so. Nothing he released was classified.

I have no issue with leakers. If someone finds behavior inappropriate and they want to tell the American people, fucking go for it. This country doesn't need secrets. We need citizens who care about shitty politicians doing shitty things.

And yes, I find Comey to be very honest and fair in his assessments. What I find most interesting is how Trump demands loyalty and Comey offers honesty, yet Trump still needs to manipulate the words into what he wanted. Why the fuck would an honest President not be happy with honesty from an intelligence director?

Again, you take all context from Trump's words, but imply negative context behind anything Comey says. Is that a fair way to assess the information?

Except you just did, by making that absurd comparison.

When Libs get mad, they get dumb.
You know that's not the point he's making. You should stop trying to distort what he's saying.

What makes you think you can't leak your own memos? These were secret notes that not even Congress have been able to aquire. Comey went and secretly passed them off to the press. The fact that he was the author is irrelevant. If I send an email chain between me and my boss to a journalist, I'm still a leaker even though they were my emails.
The word you're looking for is "private," not "secret."

You can impeach the President for no reason at all if everyone in Congress agrees on it.

That's the same as saying you can convict a man for murder for no reason at all if you can get the jury to agree on it.

You know that's not the point he's making. You should stop trying to distort what he's saying.

The word you're looking for is "private," not "secret."

No. I meant secret. Only people in his inner circle at the FBI knew about the memos. Comey testified that himself. Congress, the Justice Department, and even people working on the Flynn investigation had no knowledge of the memos because Comey deliberately kept them secret.

What Is what he did illegal? Was he leaking something classified? Comey himself said he made sure there was nothing classified before he shared them.

You can try to, sure, but to actually remove the president from office he has to be guilty of an actual crime.

It's not the fact that he kept notes. It's the fact that he kept notes because he found the conversations to be highly inappropriate. It's the fact that he did this before he was fired because he had concerns. This isn't just the words of a disgruntled former employee. These are the words of the acting FBI director, backed up by the colleagues he told.

He was also incompetent at his job and both democrats and republicans agrees he deserved to be fired. He was also under a lot of heat from the media, so maybe he thought it would be good to keep notes since he has proven to be politically biased in the past. 'Feelings' of an incompetent are just not enough to do anything, or even conclude much about Trump's character or intentions.

Go ahead and explain why it's absurd then. Educate me.

It's downright sad that you don't see the absurdity in comparing slavery, to an interpretation of obstruction of justice.

Now, I realize you were in tizzy and trying save face by rationalizing your undying support to a slave owner, by equating it to those who support Trump, but please stop and think about what you said.

You can put Trump in bad light to uneducated fools by testimonies that are nothing but Comey's own opinion. In the end...it all amounted to diddly squat. Any sane person with an ounce of common sense knows this.

I actually feel that's the opposite. I think you can spin this to mean nothing to people who don't understand how these things impact the interpersonal relationships that actually create deals and influence outcomes.

These are the people who will say "No crime was charged therefore there is no impact," usually because they don't have to rely on interpersonal relationships to craft deals themselves and they don't appreciate the importance of credibility and trustworthiness at the negotiating table.

Reputation matters quite a bit and as a 21st century scholar once said "My name is my name."

I'm not distorting what he said. In rationalizing his support for a slave owner, he made a false equivalency.

Back