Trump to Expand US Nuclear Arsenal

What mentality? I'm a little lost on what you're talking about. Hockey said no one should be surprised when the liberal politicians spend liberally. But, as a conservative himself, he's saying he is surprised when conservatives spend liberally. And, in the interest of getting what he votes for, he'd like to see them spend more conservatively. I don't read that as an endorsement of liberal spending by liberals, but rather an expectation.
You seem to misunderstand. The post wasn't confrontational. I was saying that the whataboutism rears its head everytime there is someone new in the oval office. You seem to have read some tone into what I was saying. I'm saying we need to stop being selective about when we demand unity.

You seem to misunderstand. The post wasn't confrontational. I was saying that the whataboutism rears its head everytime there is someone new in the oval office. You seem to have read some tone into what I was saying. I'm saying we need to stop being selective about when we demand unity.
And now that its the opposing side it is time to take a stand!

Your response to Hockey came across sarcastic, that's why I was curious why you thought what he said was hypocritical. My misunderstanding if that wasn't what you were trying to get across there. You hockey and, presumably, that other fella identify as conservative, so the "opposing side" bit threw me off.

Nuclear armament is a serious issue here. It's not a laughing matter. Trump should be giving the US public and the world at large a better well versed response.

Re enabling our nuclear program means the same for Russia and China. It's a compounding effect. Then India and Pakistan will likely follow suit.

Think back to the fall of the USSR. Russia had such a horrible track record on keeping nuclear weapons safe. Nuclear materials were kept in closets. They were secured by a couple of guards in the middle of no where. Record keeping of the nukes were done on paper cards. When the USSR fell a part their were people who were caught selling high grade nuclear material in other countries. What makes you think this couldn't happen again?

At our peak we had around 30,000 war heads. Russia had around 40k. Now we each have around 7k thanks to the Nuclear disarmament treaty's that goes way back to the Ronald Reagan era.

I have no problem with updating our current stock pile, but re enabling the nuclear race again? Cmon. Nobody wins.

Why didn't I ever hear the term "whataboutism" until like a year ago and now I hear it everyday in every political discussion?

Did "whataboutisming" suddenly start existing for the first time in history in 2017 or am I talking to a hive mind?

Like, it creeps me out how it enters every political discussion everywhere now, it's like I'm talking to a cult.

Obama spent more than all the previous presidents combined, doubled the national debt

You do realize that's just a sound bite made for idiots? Technically every president spends more than the previous administration combined because of inflation.

Obama added $8.588 trillion in his two terms. Donald Trump is estimated to add around 4.8-5 trillion by the end of his first term but that's left to be seen.

If you go back to 1982, the budget was around $144 billion. By the end of Ronald Reagens term the budget ballooned up to 255 billion with a total increase of around $1.86 trillion. A 186 percent increase from the prev admin. Obama had a 74-percent increase. Bush increased it by 101 percent. Bill Clinton by 32-percent. FDR... 1,048-percent increase

Your response to Hockey came across sarcastic, that's why I was curious why you thought what he said was hypocritical. My misunderstanding if that wasn't what you were trying to get across there. You hockey and, presumably, that other fella identify as conservative, so the "opposing side" bit threw me off.
Well, it was sarcastic. The time to make a stand (in the name of unity) isn't when the other side is winning/losing.

You do realize that's just a sound bite made for idiots? Technically every president spends more than the previous administration combined because of inflation.

Obama added $8.588 trillion in his two terms. Donald Trump is estimated to add around 4.8-5 trillion by the end of his first term but that's left to be seen.

If you go back to 1982, the budget was around $144 billion. By the end of Ronald Reagens term the budget ballooned up to 255 billion with a total increase of around $1.86 trillion. A 186 percent increase from the prev admin. Obama had a 74-percent increase. Bush increased it by 101 percent. Bill Clinton by 32-percent. FDR... 1,048-percent increase

Ahhhhhh facts... republicans are melting, their meeeellttiiiinnngggg

Why didn't I ever hear the term "whataboutism" until like a year ago and now I hear it everyday in every political discussion?

Did "whataboutisming" suddenly start existing for the first time in history in 2017 or am I talking to a hive mind?

Like, it creeps me out how it enters every political discussion everywhere now, it's like I'm talking to a cult.
Nonsense. Every negative about Obama got blamed on Bush.

You're just seeing the impact of social media, I think. Lots of people who now have voices who , in all honesty, probably shouldn't.

So are we building new nukes or replacing old nukes?

Building more for the sake of doing it is stupid. Retiring and replacing old ones makes a little more sense.

Well, it was sarcastic. The time to make a stand (in the name of unity) isn't when the other side is winning/losing.

Who’s the other side here? Who was asking for unity? I don’t think a conservative asking conservatives to be conservative is a plea for unity.

Meeeellttttiiinnngggggggggg
0937a8b33a690d9bc7943edb11b29be6.jpg

So are we building new nukes or replacing old nukes?

Building more for the sake of doing it is stupid. Retiring and replacing old ones makes a little more sense.

Neither at the moment. The INF was primarily put in place to prevent Russia and Europe developing land based medium ranged weapons designed to be used on each other.

The only parts of the USA within "medium range" of Russia or China are Hawaii and Alaska, and neither is going to be enthusiastic about becoming a stockpile for missiles with very limited use to the US.

Back