Trump threatens to adjourn 'both chambers of Congress'’ so he can make recess appointments

Obama should have exercised this during his second term
Both parts of Congress would have to actually refuse to adjourn, which they have not done lol. It's entirely normal to recess while technically staying active for brief periods, which means they aren't truly recessed. Donald Trump doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about lol. Bruh thinks he can literally just adjourn Congress whenever he wants, which he clearly cannot do.

For one, I'm not a right-winger.
No one called you a right winger. I called you out for your homophobia, then I made a separate comment about Trump and his supporters
You're just upset you want to call Trump supporters cucks and then cry when someone makes a harmless crack/joke about being somebodies "boyfriend".
You brought up the word cuck, not me. If you dont want to be called out for making homophobic remarks, dont type them out for the world to see.
You are soft snowflake. It doesn't take a Trump supporter to call out people with TDS. It's pretty fun, actually.
More nonsense from you. Are you really going to sit here and pretend that you arent a Trump supporter, yet you are so outraged at my remarks about Trump?
<TheDonald>

Last edited:
No one called you a right winger. I called you out for your homophobia, then I made a separate comment about Trump and his supporters

You brought up the word cuck, not me. If you dont want to be called out for making homophobic remarks, dont type them out for the world to see.

More nonsense from you. Are you really going to sit here and pretend that you arent a Trump supporter, yet you are so outraged at my remarks about Trump? <TheDonald>

You're going pretty far to cry about me making a "boyfriend" joke. So far to the point where you state I have no place in civilized society, that I have serious issues, and I'm bashing gays. Really it seems to me like you're the one who has the mental issues here. Nowhere did I bash gays at all. In the time since I made that post, I have seen two other posters make the same bf joke in a conversation with someone else. I'll tag you everytime I see it from now on so you can cry.

People die of shit every day. You can't disrupt society because of that.
We have a highly contagious disease running a muck. We most definitely can help contain this until we have a proven way to treat this and not over run our hospitals. Opening up the economy too soon, runs a high risk of seeing spike across the country.
Do you care about the people going hungry? The people who are being financially ruined because of this?
Sounds like we need to spend more on social programs to help those in need. Maybe instead of propping up corporations we should focus on helping out those that might be effected from a prolonged quarantine.
Are you personally going to finance them to help them out?
I have no problem helping out those in need. I dont have an urge to see people spread a virus, get sick, and die, if we can prevent it from happening.

You're going pretty far to cry about me making a "boyfriend" joke. So far to the point where you state I have no place in civilized society, that I have serious issues, and I'm bashing gays. Really it seems to me like you're the one who has the mental issues here. Nowhere did I bash gays at all. In the time since I made that post, I have seen two other posters make the same bf joke in a conversation with someone else. I'll tag you everytime I see it from now on so you can cry.

Duck noted, your hurt feelings are real. Post back at me real soon son. Continue your "it was just a joke" crusade.

Quote where I bashed gays or homosexuality. You can't because I didn't.
{<diva}

I already pointed it out.

On another note, I still surprised me the number of people that feel Trump should have complete control over the government.

Imagine writing such an obsurd shitpost and thinking you are making a legit point. Imagine the other crack heads agreeing with it.

The delusional hatred is very real.

Except it’s 100% true. That’s how insanely low iq Trumpers are. Fuck the country as long as your side wins, you are willing to forget everything. It’s a really bizarre way of thinking and you should examine your life

Except it’s 100% true. That’s how insanely low iq Trumpers are. Fuck the country as long as your side wins, you are willing to forget everything. It’s a really bizarre way of thinking and you should examine your life

You need hospitalization, srs. Please don't go on a killing spree

You need hospitalization, srs. Please don't go on a killing spree

Haha, the argument of a moron. Well done sir.

When Trump comes asking for your wife and you blindly hand her over don’t come to me crying.

He would probably just grab her by the pussy and toss her back. You know, as a celebrity he can do anything he wants. lol

I don’t understand how anyone would be ok with this. Can someone explain it to me?

But when it comes to basic human rights (and it doesn't get a whole lot more basic than freedom of movement or the right to peaceably assemble), isn't it true that Federal authority trumps (pardon the pun) state rights?

I mean... if not, then what in hell was the Brown vs Board of Education ruling about? Are you suggesting the Supreme Court got it wrong?

I would say no Trump does not have this authority nor the mechanism to enforce it barring martial law (preventing people from moving around in a state). Not comparable to civil rights issues as this current Trump outburst has to do with a health emergency and Trump trying to use it to advance his agenda.

I'm only a constitutional scholar on sherdog so there is a small chance I could be wrong

I do NOT put my faith in man, rather in God.

Anyone with a brain, heart, and soul, understands our current POTUS is the best option for this country. We don't need an Administration based on ab0rti0n, unlimited, unrestricted free handouts, and PC culture.

No unlimited hand outs or record deficits will be tolerated by this Trump supporter no siree he's too smart for that.

Yeah, so my point isn't that Trump should adjourn Congress. I have no idea about any of these positions, how/why they are being held up, or anything like that. I'm just addressing the "imagine if Obama did this" claims that people are using to imply I'm a hypocrite for not having a strong opinion. Obama did something similar to this, and literally not a single person in this thread remembers it.

Dafuq ?

You don’t see the difference between some writer writing a opinion article saying the president CAN do this Vs the sitting president saying he WILL do this ?

And nice highlighting that a different reporter bitched about Trump doing this and trying to make it seem as if the same guy is now opposing it. These are opinion articles. Newspapers frequently post opposing views to hear the other side. Yes, even if the newspaper itself has a preferred leaning.

Obama was too obsessed with "bipartisan" bullshiiiit. He got a bit too carried away with his copying his idol Abraham Lincoln. Of course, he failed to remember that Lincoln also had an edge of steel and didn’t hesitate to cut deep to get what he needed.
He should’ve just rammed everything through when he had the Senate n Congress in hand.

But that’s a whole different thread.

Dafuq ?

You don’t see the difference between some writer writing a opinion article saying the president CAN do this Vs the sitting president saying he WILL do this ?

And nice highlighting that a different reporter bitched about Trump doing this and trying to make it seem as if the same guy is now opposing it. These are opinion articles. Newspapers frequently post opposing views to hear the other side. Yes, even if the newspaper itself has a preferred leaning.

Obama was too obsessed with "bipartisan" bullshiiiit. He got a bit too carried away with his copying his idol Abraham Lincoln. Of course, he failed to remember that Lincoln also had an edge of steel and didn’t hesitate to cut deep to get what he needed.
He should’ve just rammed everything through when he had the Senate n Congress in hand.

But that’s a whole different thread.

But Obama did ram all of his recess appointments through. The Supreme Court ruled it was unconstitutional.

But Obama did ram all of his recess appointments through. The Supreme Court ruled it was unconstitutional.

The SC modified it with some riders and it was for the National Labour Board, I think.
Trump wants to send BOTH houses into recess, even though his own side controls the senate, and make judicial appointments. You know....the ones that’ll say all trumps are good trumps and off to jail or bankruptcy court if u disagree.
Oh and the VoA. Can’t be a good dictator if you don’t control the narrative.

Even though the VoA is supposed to be free of all government bias and interference.

Good the Canadians are here to dictate American politics again.

Do you cans spend one minute worrying about your own country? I don’t get this mental illness you all have.

<Oku01>

but.....but.....but......Trump is so out there and our politics is so boring.

I don’t understand how anyone would be ok with this. Can someone explain it to me?
I don't think most of his supporters, or Trump himself, have any idea what they are talking about. He can't just arbitrarily adjourn Congress and the Senate. While the contemporary use of pro forma, as popularized by a hostile Senate during the Obama administration, is itself a break from governmental norms (historically speaking) it does not allow Trump to exercise the specific power being referred to. The reason nobody has ever used it is because both branches of the Legislature would have to disagree on when to adjourn, or refuse to adjourn outright. Pro forma does not qualify as a refusal to adjourn.

I would say no Trump does not have this authority nor the mechanism to enforce it barring martial law (preventing people from moving around in a state). Not comparable to civil rights issues as this current Trump outburst has to do with a health emergency and Trump trying to use it to advance his agenda.

I'm only a constitutional scholar on sherdog so there is a small chance I could be wrong

I feel like you have the debate confused. The question is whether Trump (or the Federal government) has the power to tell the states that they CAN'T prevent people from moving freely. Free movement is a constitutional right. These are extrodinary circumstances, so the states are putting in lockdown measures and the Federal government is standing behind those measures... as of now. And who even knows how a constitutional challenge to that arrangement would hold up?

But OF course the states can't unilaterally take away the rights of American citizens absent the backing of the federal government. It's not just the right, but the responsibility of the Federal government to make sure that doesn't happen. Again... what do you figure this was about?

150616091307-school-desegregate-exlarge-169.jpeg

This thread has convinced me.

To donate more money to Trump's reelection campaign! I am donating my Trump bucks and encourage others to donate generously to Trump as well. Starting in May I will be donating an increasing percentage of every pay check I make.

Trump 2020 baby!
Whats minimum wage these days?

Back