Trump Tells Reporter He's Being Politically Correct For Wearing Mask

th

Early sign of dementia, is the way Trump always stands. Could be his girdle and lifts he wears or he has dementia.
As I have said before our choices are two old men who are declining before our eyes.
weighted shoes? magnets? how does one stand in such a fashion without tipping the fuck over?

Biden in a face mask.

Weekend at Bernie's vibe is strong.

So the surgeon general was flat out wrong? And now the CDC is right? The same CDC who has changed their stance on multiple aspects of this disease more times than anybody could remember?

I mean come on. Taking any hardline stance on any of this is flat out silly. Nobody knows anything for sure.

Uh yeah, we DO know. N95 and other industrial masks (R95, P100, etc) filter micro particles in the air. With the mask appropriately sized for your head and snugly fit, in combination with security googles or glasses and proper self control (hands), your odds as an ordinary person to catch the virus in an indoor setting is extremely low. Outdoors it's not necessary to wear a mask as long as you're a good distance away from other people, the air circulation makes it very difficult for the virus to reach. However being close to other people outdoors is still dangerous.

Cotton masks and surgical masks don't offer micro particles filtration. However thick cotton masks that are appropriately sized for your head and tightly fit could provide some degree of protection (filtration). Loose masks only serve to protect other people. A study published in JAMA showed that talking can project virus particles 7 feet, sneezing and coughing projects to 26 feet. There was a different study before that as well. The mask is the barrier preventing that projection, hence the "mask protects other people" idea. Basic deduction tells you this had a high chance to be effective from the start, authorities were extremely slow in their response.

I'll give a pass for not knowing this, seeing as governments around the world have given false information at various times in the pandemic as a way to control the populace's behaviour. They didn't want you to buy a N95 to protect yourself. They didn't want to recommend masks because the population would demand them and they had none to offer. Canada did the same, lied to our faces for weeks about masks being "useless". But it ain't complicated, we've known this for months that masks were effective. I feel sorry for people who lack basic deductive skills.

They use n95 respirators for dealing with viruses at hospitals, not cloth masks. Cloth masks have some use, but its not a substitute for proper social distancing and hand washing.
So if cloth/homemade masks help, even a little bit, why are people (and Trump) pushing back on them? Is it not in everyone's best interest to prevent the virus from spreading/getting out of control? That is what I don't get.

Uh yeah, we DO know. N95 and other industrial masks (R95, P100, etc) filter micro particles in the air. With the mask appropriately sized for your head and snugly fit, in combination with security googles or glasses and proper self control (hands), your odds as an ordinary person to catch the virus in an indoor setting is extremely low. Outdoors it's not necessary to wear a mask as long as you're a good distance away from other people, the air circulation makes it very difficult for the virus to reach. However being close to other people outdoors is still dangerous.

Cotton masks and surgical masks don't offer micro particles filtration. However thick cotton masks that are appropriately sized for your head and tightly fit could provide some degree of protection (filtration). Loose masks only serve to protect other people. A study published in JAMA showed that talking can project virus particles 7 feet, sneezing and coughing projects to 26 feet. There was a different study before that as well. The mask is the barrier preventing that projection, hence the "mask protects other people" idea. Basic deduction tells you this had a high chance to be effective from the start, authorities were extremely slow in their response.

I'll give a pass for not knowing this, seeing as governments around the world have given false information at various times in the pandemic as a way to control the populace's behaviour. They didn't want you to buy a N95 to protect yourself. They didn't want to recommend masks because the population would demand them and they had none to offer. Canada did the same, lied to our faces for weeks about masks being "useless". But it ain't complicated, we've known this for months that masks were effective. I feel sorry for people who lack basic deductive skills.
Yeah I deduced from the study posted in this thread that surgical masks (and other similar or better medical masks) do slightly reduce the chances of transmitting the disease.

I know we shouldn't be surprised with the crap that comes out of Trump's mouth, but yesterday when he told a reporter he was being "politically correct" to keep his mask on I was stunned at how much disregard he has for the seriousness of the pandemic that has taken 100k American lives. The reporter was asking Trump about a tweet he retweeted from Brit Hume that seemed to mock Biden for wearing a mask at Delaware's War Memorial on Memorial day, the first time Biden had been seen in public for two months of quarantine. Trump said he didn't understand why Biden would wear a mask on this occasion, but the cdc guidliness clearly state that they recommend to wear a face covering in public settings. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

Trump's press secretary was asked by the same reporter about the retweet and she replied that she thought it was unusual that Biden would wear a mask outside in public but not when he's inside his home with his wife. She said that the guidance says it's "recommended but not required" to wear a mask, she also pointed out that Trump wore a mask recently but she emphasized that it was in "private" and not in public. So, why is she implying that wearing a mask in public is some how wrong? Why are Trump and his Press sec making the wearing of the mask a political issue and some how pointing to people who wear a mask in public as doing so for the purpose of political point scoring?

Can you really have faith in Trump to do the right thing when he thinks following the science is being poltically correct?

Isn't a leader meant to lead by example?

With so many Americans dead from covid can you really trust Trump to have the best interest of the American people when he wants to mock his poltical adversary and reporters for following the guidliness set out by the CDC?

At least Trumptards are openly admitting now that they see masking as an indication of one's political positions and not an apolitical public health question. Remember earlier on when they all claimed that anyone suggesting such a thing was suffering from TDS? I 'member.

So if cloth/homemade masks help, even a little bit, why are people (and Trump) pushing back on them? Is it not in everyone's best interest to prevent the virus from spreading/getting out of control? That is what I don't get.

To the Orange Dear Leader cultists if you're still wearing a mask in public it means that you want to perpetuate fear to cause further economic collapse in hopes that it will hurt Trump at the ballot box and deny him a second term.

Masking is now a literal declaration of war to the diseased brains of the MAGAtards. This is no exaggeration.

There's an important distinction to make. You are not being politically correct for wearing a mask, you are being respectful. You are being politically correct if you are only wearing a mask in front of a camera, and then taking it off as soon as you are off camera. I think it's important for Trump to make that distinction, because there are already far too many Americans who are looking for reasons to be reckless, create a political battle where there should be none, and not take simple precautions.

So the surgeon general was flat out wrong? And now the CDC is right? The same CDC who has changed their stance on multiple aspects of this disease more times than anybody could remember?

I mean come on. Taking any hardline stance on any of this is flat out silly. Nobody knows anything for sure.
The Surgeon General only mentioned catching in his message and the context was that front line health workers were running out of supplies.

Can you see why some people can be skeptical when the message keeps changing? For the record, I absolutely believe masks can help, even if only marginally, prevent coronavirus spread. I'm just not going to get on my pedestal and curse everyone who doesn't see it my way, given the lack of actual hard science on the subject, and the misinformation spread by health professionals throughout the pandemic.
The message changes when you have new information. So you follow the current recommendations. It doesn't make them worthless.

The Surgeon General only mentioned catching in his message and the context was that front line health workers were running out of supplies.
My other post which you quoted addresses this: ‘they are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching’ the disease. There is no wiggle room on that statement; no context that can change the meaning of what he said.

I’m not holding it against him if he had bad or wrong info, everybody has at some point during this pandemic. But it’s either wrong or it’s not.

My contempt for the media is grown every day.

I think people should wear masks in certain areas and venues, it makes sense, but the need for it is grossly exaggerated, and the press is once again wont to malicious politicization and exaggeration. Everything has to be a goddamn nuclear staredown. It reminds me of the phenomenon of "splitting" in psychology:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)

The entire fucking MSM is suffering from this, and worse, they're spreading it to the American population. It's an infection.
The MSM is infecting the populace while Trump infects the government. {<shrug}

This thread is fn embarrassing. Literally nothing some of you won’t jump to defend.

It’s a fn respiratory virus, and this idiot is doing nothing but dog whistling to the “it’s a media conspiracy bro” base, while hoping to pretend 100,000 Americans arent dead because he’s failure.

What do you feel about the idea that maybe spreading the virus (among otherwise healthy individuals) may not necessarily be a bad thing at this point?

Obviously nobody wants to be sick, but what are the other options? And what are the negatives in a situation like that? If healthy people have pretty close to a 0% chance of dying and the hospitals aren’t being overwhelmed, why are we so dead set on wearing masks and restricting businesses to stop the spread of this illness?
Why do you dismiss the idea that these guidelines are what's keeping hospitals from being overwhelmed?

It says clear as day: ‘they are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching’ the disease. There is no wiggle room on that statement.

And it's a statement that a) has been proven wrong and b) was certainly motivated by a lack of PPE for everyone. How would they justify saying 'well sure it helps, but don't get one for you and your family because we fucked up prepping'?

Back