Trump Tells Reporter He's Being Politically Correct For Wearing Mask

reporters should wear masks when they around trump because he’s old as fuck and overweight and they might give him covid by accident if they sneeze without a mask to trap the splatter.

and we all know what the covid does to old fat fucks

trump should be thanking them

The reporters take those masks off as soon as they are off camera. Its all for show.

Hes right, reporters take the masks off once the cameras stop rolling.

My contempt for the media is grown every day.

I think people should wear masks in certain areas and venues, it makes sense, but the need for it is grossly exaggerated, and the press is once again wont to malicious politicization and exaggeration. Everything has to be a goddamn nuclear staredown. It reminds me of the phenomenon of "splitting" in psychology:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)
Relationships
Splitting creates instability in relationships because one person can be viewed as either personified virtue or personified vice at different times, depending on whether they gratify the subject's needs or frustrate them. This, along with similar oscillations in the experience and appraisal of the self, leads to chaotic and unstable relationship patterns, identity diffusion, and mood swings.[4] The therapeutic process can be greatly impeded by these oscillations, because the therapist too can come to be seen as all good or all bad. To attempt to overcome the negative effects on treatment outcome, constant interpretations by the therapist are needed.[5]

Borderline personality disorder
Splitting is a relatively common defense mechanism for people with borderline personality disorder.[7] One of the DSM IV-TR criteria for this disorder is a description of splitting: "a pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation".[10][11] In psychoanalytic theory, people with borderline personality disorder are not able to integrate the good and bad images of both self and others, resulting in a bad representation which dominates the good representation.[12]

Narcissistic personality disorder
People matching the diagnostic criteria for narcissistic personality disorder also use splitting as a central defense mechanism. Most often narcissists do this as an attempt to stabilize their sense of self positivity in order to preserve their self-esteem, by perceiving themselves as purely upright or admirable and others who do not conform to their will or values as purely wicked or contemptible.[13]

The cognitive habit of splitting also implies the use of other related defense mechanisms, namely idealization and devaluation, which are preventive attitudes or reactions to narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury.[12]
The entire fucking MSM is suffering from this, and worse, they're spreading it to the American population. It's an infection.

It isn't just the CDC who is saying this. There's been multiple studies on the use of face masks/coverings.

Here's a scientific study that proves they work to reduce the spread of the virus.

Respiratory virus shedding in exhaled breath and efficacy of face masks

Abstract

We identified seasonal human coronaviruses, influenza viruses and rhinoviruses in exhaled breath and coughs of children and adults with acute respiratory illness. Surgical face masks significantly reduced detection of influenza virus RNA in respiratory droplets and coronavirus RNA in aerosols, with a trend toward reduced detection of coronavirus RNA in respiratory droplets. Our results indicate that surgical face masks could prevent transmission of human coronaviruses and influenza viruses from symptomatic individuals.

Read More: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2
What do you feel about the idea that maybe spreading the virus (among otherwise healthy individuals) may not necessarily be a bad thing at this point?

Obviously nobody wants to be sick, but what are the other options? And what are the negatives in a situation like that? If healthy people have pretty close to a 0% chance of dying and the hospitals aren’t being overwhelmed, why are we so dead set on wearing masks and restricting businesses to stop the spread of this illness?

So the surgeon general was flat out wrong? And now the CDC is right? The same CDC who has changed their stance on multiple aspects of this disease more times than anybody could remember?

I mean come on. Taking any hardline stance on any of this is flat out silly. Nobody knows anything for sure.

Someone needs to have the FINAL SAY.

I think people should wear masks in certain areas and venues, it makes sense, but the need for it is grossly exaggerated, and the press is once again wont to malicious politicization and exaggeration. Everything has to be a goddamn nuclear staredown. It reminds me of the phenomenon of "splitting" in psychology:

The entire fucking MSM is suffering from this, and worse, they're spreading it to the American population. It's an infection.

And you have to consider the environment they are in also. They are outdoors at the White House. Every person around them has been rigorously tested multiple times. Every piece of equipment around them has been sanitized multiple times over. Wearing the mask in the environment is absolutely just virtue signaling. If it isn't safe to not wear a mask there, it isn't safe anywhere.

What do you feel about the idea that maybe spreading the virus (among otherwise healthy individuals) may not necessarily be a bad thing at this point?

Obviously nobody wants to be sick, but what are the other options? And what are the negatives in a situation like that? If healthy people have pretty close to a 0% chance of dying and the hospitals aren’t being overwhelmed, why are we so dead set on wearing masks and restricting businesses to stop the spread of this illness?

I'm against heard immunity. Look what it's done in Sweden.

I don't think people lives should be put at a greater risk than needed. We don't even know if herd immunity will work or how long people who've been exposed to the virus will be immune. And everyone is in favour of herd immunity until it kills one of their family members or them.

And I'd like to keep this topic and not turn it into a debate about herd immunity or businesses being shut down etc. You can make a seperate thread on either of those if you like.

I'm against heard immunity. Look what it's done in Sweden.

I don't think people lives should be put at a greater risk than needed. We don't even know if herd immunity will work or how long people who've been exposed to the virus will be immune. And everyone is in favour of herd immunity until it kills one of their family members or them.

And I'd like to keep this topic and not turn it into a debate about herd immunity or businesses being shut down etc. You can make a seperate thread on either of those if you like.
I’m just curious about what the alternative is. Continue social distancing and restrictions on businesses until there’s a vaccine? For an illness that really doesn’t kill healthy people?

Have you seen Trumped? The documentary about Trump's Presidential campaign? The media are so amazingly fake, and to see see the behind the scenes bullshit is just flabbergasting.

The "news" had to die for me. It is dead forever.

Nothing is real. And now Google is killing any chance at seeking truth.

Sad times.

Better vote for Biden then so we don't have someone with dementia in the white house.

<WhatIsThis>
th

Early sign of dementia, is the way Trump always stands. Could be his girdle and lifts he wears or he has dementia.
As I have said before our choices are two old men who are declining before our eyes.

I’m just curious about what the alternative is. Continue social distancing and restrictions on businesses until there’s a vaccine? For an illness that really doesn’t kill healthy people?

Slow the virus down until the R rate has been significantly reduced and then slowly start lifting restrictions using safety measures like masks/face coverings. Also lift restrctions on areas specifcally where the R rate is down easing lockdown measures.

There are different treatments being studied right now for covid and hopefully we'll be able to treat the disease and save lives. Also there's the possibility of a vaccine.

I don't think we should just let people die just because we don't have all the answers yet.

Four more years of this guy and we're done as a nation. Other countries are already giving up on us, if this guy wins you can forget ever becoming a leader again.

Yep had people tell me the same thing when Bush and Obama became president. It's amazing to me how many people think 1 man is going to destroy this nation.

Can you really have faith in Trump to do the right thing when he thinks following the science is being poltically correct?

Isn't a leader meant to lead by example?

What science is he not "following"? Trump is tested multiple times per day. Every single person who he comes in conduct with, including those reporters, have been vetted and tested multiple times. That press conference was in a lit and well ventilated area. All of the equipment has been sanitized by Secret Service CBRN experts. The ventilation system at the White House has state-of-the-art antiviral filters. There is absolutely no reason for anyone at those press conferences to wear a mask. If Trump was going to ride a subway car in New York, he would wear a mask.

The reporters take those masks off as soon as they are off camera. Its all for show.

Just like it is all for show that the white staff gets tested once a day? LMAO. The irony on this bullshit is too funny.

If masks do nothing then why do they (and other PPE) exist in hospitals? Are they just wearing it for fun?

If masks do nothing then why do they (and other PPE) exist in hospitals? Are they just wearing it for fun?

They use n95 respirators for dealing with viruses at hospitals, not cloth masks. Cloth masks have some use, but its not a substitute for proper social distancing and hand washing.

Back