Trump Seeking Seasonal Foreign Labor

When you do your taxes every year, do you try to pay as little as legally possible?

Or do you ever say, "Hmmm. I don't feel like I'm paying enough. Lemme remove that mortgage interest deduction."?

Let me put it this way..

If I had the option to pay zero taxes, I wouldn't do it (Matthew 22:20-22). I know that my fellow veterans need that money. We take care of our own.

But Mr. 5 deferments knows all about that...

hello hello Anung Un Rama,

aye. i do believe that was Mr. Trump's platform.

i knew this wouldn't bother his supporters, of course, because "Trump is playing chess" or some such malarky.

- IGIT

IGIT,

They aren't capable of keeping their guy honest. Typical team sport politics with zero concern for integrity.
They'll conform to whatever he says and does. Its bizarro that nobody can see their own hypocrisy after having it thrown in everybody's faces for the last 19 months.

The hack that is filling in for Jon Stewart nailed it pretty good.

Gotta get ready for dinner!
Best - Rama

For the trumpeteers here still pretending not to get it.

“The influx of foreign workers holds down salaries, keeps unemployment high, and makes it difficult for poor and working class Americans — including immigrants themselves and their children — to earn a middle class wage. … We need companies to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed. Petitions for workers should be mailed to the unemployment office not USCIS [U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services].”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...s-and-flops-more-on-h-1b-visas/?client=safari

CvLXvy7VMAAyU8w.jpg

160315100618-trump-quote-workers-crushed-780x439.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Trump Winery is trying to hire foreign workers

Presidential candidate Donald Trump ran on the promise to bring jobs back to the US and called out companies that used foreign workers instead of Americans — but now his son’s Virginia winery is doing just that: asking the government for six workers to do seasonal work pruning grapevines.

The petition to the US Department of Labor from Trump Vineyard Estates, owned by the president-elect’s son Eric Trump, seeks temporary visas under the H-2A program for the foreign laborers who would work for about four months at the vineyard near Charlottesville doing a “variety of manual/equipment operation tasks in a vineyard operation.”

slatest_160128_trump4.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

He can use the fact that he isn't in public service as an excuse all the way up to when he won the election.

Now this isn't acceptable.

Dear lord.

There are plenty of good reasons to bash Trump.....but this is really not one of them.

One of his businesses wants to bring in 6 (legal) foreigners to do a job that only lasts 4 months? Well hell, we might as well shut down the whole economy and surrender to Russia.

This kind of non-story is like the ultimate partisan test. Anyone who thinks this trivial matter reveals anything about Trump is nothing more than a hater--the kind of person who would complain if he shat golden eggs. You're REALLY grasping at straws. Shit on Trump all you want, but in cases like this, the only credibility you're attacking is your own.

This just isn't true.

How can trump tell Google we need to stop shipping in low wage programmers from India, when he is doing this?

It is funny that these legal (See: "Good") immigrants are OK when they are literally just doing a job then fucking off with all their money to another country (temporary workers) but an illegal immigrant is satan for living in America, working and spending money in the American economy, all because they might send some dollars back home to support their family.

This isn't even about legal vs illegal anyways, it is just a way for liberals to point out the hypocrisy of bringing back American jobs when foreigners are going to do it and laugh at conservative attempts at damage control.

He can use the fact that he isn't in public service as an excuse all the way up to when he won the election.

Now this isn't acceptable.

Its what he is going to do though. Hes 70 and has been a businessman his whole life. Not gonna change now.

I dont know why anyone thinks he will.

Its what he is going to do though. Hes 70 and has been a businessman his whole life. Not gonna change now.

I dont know why anyone thinks he will.

Thinks he will, and is certain he will, are two very different things.

Trump doesn't run his businesses he owns. Do you really think Trump has a spreadsheet on his computer where he goes to look at the day to day goings and comings of his 4000 businesses? lol

He hasn't put his companies in a blind trust like Jimmy Carter did. It is impossible to not infer a conflict of interest.

One. All of this is nonsense. This is not trumps son. Trump has been doing this for decades.
Two. Trump's own immigration policy calls for a crackdown and cutting of these type of visas because they takeaway jobs for Americans and don't try to offer them to American's first.
That's your rebuttal? Right, it's not Trump's son, the company bio, website, and every other bit of information is all lies so nobody knows Donald is really the secret mastermind behind his son's winery.

At least source something that says his policy is for work visas to no longer exist, and preferably not Huffpo or Vox.

That's your rebuttal? Right, it's not Trump's son, the company bio, website, and every other bit of information is all lies so nobody knows Donald is really the secret mastermind behind his son's winery.

At least source something that says his policy is for work visas to no longer exist, and preferably not Huffpo or Vox.
trump himself said these foreign worker visas are abused and hes going to end it because they dont hire american workers first. trump was asked about why he hires foreign workers for his golf courses and not americans he said he had to because its "impossible" to find workers. job services near his golf course in florida said they have plenty of people who are qualified to do those jobs.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/u...-foreign-work-force-for-his-florida-club.html

You'd think the left would be okay with this but the left actually is only cool if the foreign workers are illegals.
And want to vote dem.
If handguns could vote and voted only for dems, those same dems would be handing them out at every corner. And if illegal immigrants only voted gop, dems would take those same guns and shoot every illegal they could ans they tried to cross the border.

trump himself said these foreign worker visas are abused and hes going to end it because they dont hire american workers first. trump was asked about why he hires foreign workers for his golf courses and not americans he said he had to because its "impossible" to find workers. job services near his golf course in florida said they have plenty of people who are qualified to do those jobs.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/u...-foreign-work-force-for-his-florida-club.html
The article said a lot of Americans turned the jobs down and a shitload had criminal records. It also said companies save money because they don't have to give raises, but they also have to pay to sponsor the workers and bring them there, so I don't see how that saves money on temporary jobs where they aren't giving raises anyway and have to abide by normal labor laws.

I'm completely losing track of your position here. Are you in favor of foreign workers or against them? I'm against moving entire plants and factories to other countries and hiring illegals, but have no problem with people who've done the appropriate paperwork having jobs and paying taxes.

I didn't vote for Trump or anything, and honestly could give a shit who the guy hires at his golf course, but his son applying for visas for 6 guys to come and pick grapes for 4 months really doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Last edited:
I think Trump talked about this issue at one of the debates hiring for seasonal help at his hotels. Maybe someone can reference that ?

I have no problem with legal immigration especially if they can't find workers with the skill or desire to do the jobs with American citizen.

We have been using legal immigrants in farm labor for a very long time and I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

The problem has been illegal immigration.

LOL... I can name a handful of farms out here in rural Oregon who sure as hell don't employ legal labor.

Seasonal workers sounds a lot like backpackers.

That's how they travel around Australia, when It's mango season they're all up in the NT picking mangos when it's time to pick grapes for wine they're all in SA/Margaret River, tourist season in any capital city and they all go to hospitality.

America needs to encourage more of this. If they don't already.

Seasonal workers sounds a lot like backpackers.

That's how they travel around Australia, when It's mango season they're all up in the NT picking mangos when it's time to pick grapes for wine they're all in SA/Margaret River, tourist season in any capital city and they all go to hospitality.

America needs to encourage more of this. If they don't already.

Unfortunately the US doesn't have any many bilateral working holiday agreements with other nations. I think they have agreements with Australia, NZ, and Canada and that's it. I have seen quite a bit of Filipinos working at resorts when I use to do seasonal work in my younger days but I don't know what visa they're on. It's a major pain in the ass to get a work visa in the US.

Back