trump says yes to women in combat

3 or 4 women did get through ITB last year but then again that doesn't exactly mean something because we all know the real training starts once you get to your first unit.

meh. I think I read about that, but it was experimental and wouldn't allow the women to carry a secondary, infantry MOS. I guess that raises another question in my mind. In ITB, we lived in these bigass berthing areas with a bigass bathroom / shower per platoon. If one or two women go to the school, where do they stay? It wouldn't do women's equality any favors to clear out an entire deck just for 3 chicks while 60 other guys have to share.

meh. I think I read about that, but it was experimental and wouldn't allow the women to carry a secondary, infantry MOS. I guess that raises another question in my mind. In ITB, we lived in these bigass berthing areas with a bigass bathroom / shower per platoon. If one or two women go to the school, where do they stay? It wouldn't do women's equality any favors to clear out an entire deck just for 3 chicks while 60 other guys have to share.
They have that problem in MCT. The few females get their own quonset hut or whatever in the field and squad bay in garrison while all the males get crammed together.

If the standards are the same (all of them) then I'd have no problem with integration. If they remain favorable to women, then they need to be separated. That's just my opinion though.

Remain favorable? Did these two women get special treatment going through RASP?

Maybe he is finally listening to advice and realizing that he cannot win if he keeps shitting on women and minorities.

How is he shitting on women ? He is probably the only candidate that doesnt want to defund planned parenthood.

I wish there was a thread stickied in here explaining the difference (s) between Ranger School and RASP...

What did they do?

Ranger School. It's a tough leadership program that really helps promotions. It's not RASP.

RASP (Ranger Assessment and Selection Program) is tougher and gets you into the Rangers. It used to be called RIP.

Last edited:
I wish there was a thread stickied in here explaining the difference (s) between Ranger School and RASP...

they get a ranger tab on their shoulder

that's all that matters

everything else is just noise signifying nothing

Using your logic, someone who went through 3 weeks of airborne school is now a paratrooper because they got their jump wings. :icon_chee

Remain favorable? Did these two women get special treatment going through RASP?

no no no you misunderstood. I'm talking about pft scores. If we integrated the women into infantry units, they would pick up rank faster because of the lower standard. It's favorable for women.

Using your logic, someone who went through 3 weeks of airborne school is now a paratrooper because they got their jump wings. :icon_chee

that's kind of a whole definition of the thing? you get through airborne school you get to wear wings on your uniform. because you have done something most people didn't

not sure what you are getting at there

That's cool and all, but you need to understand that a tab doesn't make someone a Ranger (ie wearing the scroll and tan beret).

That's cool and all, but you need to understand that a tab doesn't make someone a Ranger (ie wearing the scroll and tan beret).

ok they just have a tab that says they got through ranger school

so they r not a Ranger (with a capital R)

who gives a fuck lol

Well obviously you give a fuck since you're posting about it and all...

Why do they get a Ranger tab coming out of Ranger School if they're not full blown Rangers yet? Wouldn't that be like getting the Trident after graduating BUD/s?

Why do they get a Ranger tab coming out of Ranger School if they're not full blown Rangers yet? Wouldn't that be like getting the Trident after graduating BUD/s?

Because Ranger school is a leadership school. A Ranger tab means you are Ranger qualified. 75th scroll + Ranger tab = Army Ranger

The best analogy that I can think of is you are not a lawyer if you have a law degree until you pass the bar + hold a law degree

they get a ranger tab on their shoulder

that's all that matters

everything else is just noise signifying nothing

They aren't qualified to be operators in a Ranger Unit without passing RASP.

Back