Trump repeatedly asking if he can "preemptively" pardon himself

HOLA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Also for his family. He's not only worried about existing investigations but the possibility of potential new investigations. He wants, basically, a get out of jail free card for life. Doesn't seem like something an innocent person would do, does it?

Trump is apparently so obsessed with the power of pardons that when his attention is focused on something senior-level officials want his mind off of, they bring up pardons. Like using a laser pointer with a cat, I guess.

Trump has previously let on that this is something on his mind, as he has tweeted that "I have the absolute right to PARDON myself" back in 2018.

As for whether or not he could actually do it, legal experts are divided, but there is an alternative that might prove more successful. "He could temporarily declare himself unable to perform his presidential duties, allowing the vice president to act as president, including by issuing him a pardon, and then the president could resume his duties as president, or resign."

Regardless, pardons will only protect Trump from federal crimes. Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance and New York Attorney General Letitia James have both been pursuing criminal charges against Trump related to his business practices.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/11/donald-trump-self-pardon

Is he really that stupid???

I mean

ASERXF7A4M34REPLRFRZS2QM2Q.gif

So you read that in Vanity Fair huh?
Vanity Fair is alright.

Graydon Carter was the editor for a long time. He's the one who called Trump a "short-fingered vulgarian" way back in the 80's. It triggered Trump so much that he spent the next 30 years obsessing over it:

Carter: [Trump] blames me for this more than Kurt. He'll send me pictures, tear sheets from magazines, and he did it as recently as [last] April. With a gold Sharpie, he'll circle his fingers and in his handwriting say, "See, not so short." And this April when he sent me one, I just — I should have held on to the thing, but I sent it right back by messenger with a note, a card stapled to the top, saying, "Actually, quite short." And I know it just gives him absolute fits. And now that it's become sort of part of the whole campaign rhetoric, I'm sure he wants to just kill me — with those little hands.

Vanity Fair is alright.

Graydon Carter was the editor for a long time. He's the one who called Trump a "short-fingered vulgarian" way back in the 80's. It triggered Trump so much that he spent the next 30 years obsessing over it:

Carter: [Trump] blames me for this more than Kurt. He'll send me pictures, tear sheets from magazines, and he did it as recently as [last] April. With a gold Sharpie, he'll circle his fingers and in his handwriting say, "See, not so short." And this April when he sent me one, I just — I should have held on to the thing, but I sent it right back by messenger with a note, a card stapled to the top, saying, "Actually, quite short." And I know it just gives him absolute fits. And now that it's become sort of part of the whole campaign rhetoric, I'm sure he wants to just kill me — with those little hands.
He's just trolling the guy. That's awesome:D

Trump should just resign and have Pence pardon him. Dems might actually come after him after all he's done to make a mockery of democracy.

Vanity Fair is alright.

This is hilarious.

Also for his family. He's not only worried about existing investigations but the possibility of potential new investigations. He wants, basically, a get out of jail free card for life. Doesn't seem like something an innocent person would do, does it?

Trump is apparently so obsessed with the power of pardons that when his attention is focused on something senior-level officials want his mind off of, they bring up pardons. Like using a laser pointer with a cat, I guess.

Trump has previously let on that this is something on his mind, as he has tweeted that "I have the absolute right to PARDON myself" back in 2018.

As for whether or not he could actually do it, legal experts are divided, but there is an alternative that might prove more successful. "He could temporarily declare himself unable to perform his presidential duties, allowing the vice president to act as president, including by issuing him a pardon, and then the president could resume his duties as president, or resign."

Regardless, pardons will only protect Trump from federal crimes. Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance and New York Attorney General Letitia James have both been pursuing criminal charges against Trump related to his business practices.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/11/donald-trump-self-pardon

If I was President, I'd do the most insane crime possible and then pardon myself.

*Nukes half of the country out of anger while rewatching Conor/Khabib because Conor lost.*

*Pardons myself*

*Everyone on Sherdog: Typical Conor fan.*

Back