Trump pulling a Soros on Turkey

Haha oh man. You're one of those.
You realize the turks have committed genocide and ethnic cleansing and we're massive massive slavers? Every week for basically from the late 1400s till the late 1700s several slave shops left the Crimea. Wait Oh wait the turks are kinda not white and they aren't Christian, so these crimes were of circumstance and not out of oppression?

Yes, I am aware of that. And turkey should be criticised for its refusal to acknowledge the Armenia genocide.
But that doesn't change the fact that for the last 2 decades US foreign policies in the region has been disastrous for Turkey.
I am no fan of Erdogan at all. But US foreign policy has put him in a very tough spot. That is also something that has to be considered when judging his change of direction.

The US has started 2 civil wars on Turkey borders. They have been suffering a lot of terrorist attacks from ISIS. And the US has been supplying the Kurds with weapons and training (not just the US). They had to take in millions of refugees due to America's oil wars.
Again no fan of Erdogan but if you look at it from Turkeys point of view. They are certainly not the bad guys. They are just reacting to the bad situation caused by US foreign policies.
And now the US wants to bring instability or possible war to Iran. That's also right at Turkey border.

I get Cuba. But why not Venezuela? It's clearly becoming an autocracy if not an outright dictatorship.

Because the autocratic currents are in response to an artificial economic depression that could be resolved if they had access to the world marketplace. And, anyways, autocracy or lack of democratic participation has never been an actual concern of the United States: it has supported Batista, Pinochet, Hitler, Mussolini, Al Saud, and a litany of other right-wing autocrats so long as they keep their countries open for business.

Because the autocratic currents are in response to an artificial economic depression that could be resolved if they had access to the world marketplace. And, anyways, autocracy or lack of democratic participation has never been an actual concern of the United States: it has supported Batista, Pinochet, Hitler, Mussolini, Al Saud, and a litany of other right-wing autocrats so long as they keep their countries open for business.
But the thing is a, you guys helped out Hitler too, and b, usually right wing autocross despite being evil, end up helping the economic growth of their countries , save for Argentina that is.
Venezuela nationalized too much too fast and put incompetent people in change of the industries. A lot of it is self inflicted. They chased out the oil companies and now oil production is down and incredible amount.

I have met many great Turkish people, but the country itself is turning to absolute shit under Erdogan

Fuck em

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back