Trump pulling a Soros on Turkey

The Turkish Lira dropped 7% against the US dollar. The currency has now dropped 35% against the dollar from this time last year.

The latest drop is attributed to US sanctions against 2 Turkish officials, for the imprisonment of US pastor Andrew Brunson, who the Turks accuse of being linked to Gulenists.

https://www.businessinsider.com/turkish-lira-crisis-erdogan-interest-rates-2018-8
-
Applying the sanctions was a good development from the Trump admin. I am all for the US getting tough with Erdogan.

Made a sexier thread on this comparing Trump to George Soros who breaks currencies. Trump is also killing Russia's currency. He is feeling strong right now.

Introduction+September+16%2C+1992+The+man+who+made+it+happen.jpg

I just don't understand why America can never be a peaceful nation and always has to meddle in other countries affairs.
They created Al Quida on Turkeys borders. Brought the civil war to several neighboring countries for no reason that created ISIS.
Supported the enemies of Turkey to fight Asad. Turkey has about 2 million Syrian refugees due to America's oil wars.
They house the guy that just last year tried to overthrow a democratically elected government.

And Turkey is somehow the bad guy?
The glorious American worldview.

Made a sexier thread on this comparing Trump to George Soros who breaks currencies. Trump is also killing Russia's currency. He is feeling strong right now.

Introduction+September+16%2C+1992+The+man+who+made+it+happen.jpg
Both of these countries currency was declining before Trump and all as a result of their leaders actions

Have you ever met a Turk? ;)

Have you?

I have a great true story about Turks. I know a family that went on vacation in Turkey. Their daughter has had medical problems since birth but our doctors never diagnosed her condition properly and often dismissed what the parents thought it was (guess what the parents were right)

When she was on holiday in Turkey she became very ill and was treated there. The Turkish doctor diagnosed her as having rheumatoid arthritis and she's been getting the right treatment ever since.

The Turkish Lira dropped 7% against the US dollar. The currency has now dropped 35% against the dollar from this time last year.

The latest drop is attributed to US sanctions against 2 Turkish officials, for the imprisonment of US pastor Andrew Brunson, who the Turks accuse of being linked to Gulenists.

https://www.businessinsider.com/turkish-lira-crisis-erdogan-interest-rates-2018-8
-
Applying the sanctions was a good development from the Trump admin. I am all for the US getting tough with Erdogan.

Yeah, I am very much against the sanctions imposed against Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, and North Korea, but Turkey is one of the few countries that I can get on board with sanctioning.

Looks like Erdogan is about to bend the knee to Xi Jinping. I'm not sure if recent American economic and political actions on the international stage have the intentional effect of driving potential adversaries into an alliance. You pick off your potential foes one at a time, not drive them together.
Speaking in Ankara on Wednesday, Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced that Turkey will issue so-called panda bonds in China to “diversify its sources of financing,” raising money in Chinese yuan rather than in US dollars or euros. He also called on Turkish citizens to engage in “national resistance” and to convert the foreign currency they kept under their mattresses into Turkish lira.

http://www.atimes.com/article/turkey-seeks-financing-from-china-says-erdogan/

Looks like Erdogan is about to bend the knee to Xi Jinping. I'm not sure if recent American economic and political actions on the international stage have the intentional effect of driving potential adversaries into an alliance. You pick off your potential foes one at a time, not drive them together.

http://www.atimes.com/article/turkey-seeks-financing-from-china-says-erdogan/

In the Trump Admin's defense, they're also driving wedges between the US and its allies in Europe.

I just don't understand why America can never be a peaceful nation and always has to meddle in other countries affairs.
They created Al Quida on Turkeys borders. Brought the civil war to several neighboring countries for no reason that created ISIS.
Supported the enemies of Turkey to fight Asad. Turkey has about 2 million Syrian refugees due to America's oil wars.
They house the guy that just last year tried to overthrow a democratically elected government.

Turkey is becoming a religious autocratic state. I don't know the details but they shouldn't be holding one of our citizens as a chip to extort the expulsion of someone on their hit list. Erdogan has been around much too long. We need to fight for democracies around the world. Not just capitulate to strongmen to give them legitimacy.

Aren't you fucking German? Lmfao

Back