Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Trump pulling a Soros on Turkey

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JonesBones, Aug 10, 2018.

1. JonesBones Excuse my contraflow

Destroying their currency. Turning it to dust. BREAK THEM

Trump increases pressure on Turkey amid currency crisis, authorizes doubling of metals tariffs
    • President Donald Trump tweeted Friday that he authorized a doubling of "tariffs on Steel and Aluminum with respect to Turkey."
    • Losses in the the Turkish lira deepened on Trump's tweet, falling as much as 20 percent vs. the U.S. dollar in Friday trading.

President Donald Trump tweeted Friday that he authorized a doubling of steel and aluminum tariffs on Turkey amid a growing diplomatic dispute between the two countries that is causing a currency crisis for Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

"I have just authorized a doubling of Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum with respect to Turkey as their currency, the Turkish Lira, slides rapidly downward against our very strong Dollar! Aluminum will now be 20% and Steel 50%. Our relations with Turkey are not good at this time!" Trump wrote.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/10/trump.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. JonesBones Excuse my contraflow

Turkey Leaves Europe’s Bankers Looking for Divine Help

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been standing firm as investors dump his country’s assets at an alarming pace, saying: “They have got dollars, we have got our people, our right, our Allah.” European banks with substantial investments in Turkey will hope some of that divine providence rubs off on them, too, after sticking with a bet that has gotten more perilous over time.

<Lmaoo>

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...turkey-looks-smarter-every-day-lionel-laurent

3. YoungBoyd World class chess player

Looks like i will be snapping up real estate for pennies on the dollar. Mashallah.

4. Lord of Lies Brown Belt

Fuck Turkey. Now kick them out of NATO.

5. Protectandserve Red Belt

This. 100% this.

Get our troops the hell out of the bases there as well.

Turkey can't be trusted for shit.

6. snakedafunky Red Belt

What has Turkey done that makes you not trust them?

7. Protectandserve Red Belt

Numerous instances of them funneling weapons and support to ISIS and others in Syria, their fake coup, all kinds of shit.

8. Beef Motif Banned Banned

Turkey is occupied by US/NATO they need Turkey as their position is important.

I agree Turkey cannot be trusted but the US cannot be trusted either.

They want Erdoğan gone, he knows this and knows they are supporting movements to overthrow him.

This is what might happen.

Turkey knows they have other options. They can can move closer to Russia. Oh guess what? People will say Trump is doing this, to weaken NATO and move them closer to Russia.

It's funny how they can close down people like Alex Jones for hateful conspiracies yet people like Rachel Maddow do nothing but promote anti-Russian hate on tv.

9. snakedafunky Red Belt

Yeah but if anything Turkey shouldn't trust the US. You guys have created ISIS and a war right on their border.
    And armed their number one enemy with the Kurds to clean up your mess.
    That would be like Turkey funding Mexcian rebels that want to take back Texas.

Most of Turkey problems are a direct result of horrible US foreign policy. That includes ISIS who is a big enemy of Turkey.
    After they specifically told you not to remove Sadam you still had to do it.

10. DeJulez Silver Belt

Taking over the month of November with their main ally Ham.

11. ShinkanPo 神官ポー

This is what Erdogan gets for being a total asshole

12. Chinballs Black Belt

Not EVERYTHING in Turkey is crap.

10:23 <----

Lol, also 11:36 <45><45><45>

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  13. Supereem Black Belt

Kidnap EU soldiers and use them for ransom?

14. Supereem Black Belt

Kurds the “enemy” of the Turks? Hahahaha

15. tinker_190 Brown Belt

I don't follow Turkey that closely, but Erdogan was been consolidating power, tried to purge his society. There was an attempted coup last year.

This is just from memory so if I am wrong please somebody correct me

16. snakedafunky Red Belt

I understand the criticism of Erdogan. Also, he is in a difficult spot.
    I am just wondering what that has to do with the US that would make you say you can't trust them.
    If you look at the corruption and shady dealings going on in South Korea, Israel, Qatar or Saudi Arabia o other countries.
    Turkey is not that bad. Or look what Poland and Hungary are doing to their democracy. They would be on the same track as Turkey if it weren't for the EU

Turkey has been a good partner for the US over the past decades.
    Especially considering what the US has done right on their border.

17. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

The Turkish Lira dropped 7% against the US dollar. The currency has now dropped 35% against the dollar from this time last year.

The latest drop is attributed to US sanctions against 2 Turkish officials, for the imprisonment of US pastor Andrew Brunson, who the Turks accuse of being linked to Gulenists.

https://www.businessinsider.com/turkish-lira-crisis-erdogan-interest-rates-2018-8
    -
    Applying the sanctions was a good development from the Trump admin. I am all for the US getting tough with Erdogan.

18. Rygu R.I.P. Obie

Sounds like it's Trumps fault because he's literally Hitler.

19. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

"Erdogan tells Turks to buy plunging lira as Trump turns the screws"

ISTANBUL/ANKARA (Reuters) - President Tayyip Erdogan told Turks on Friday to exchange their gold and dollars into lira, with the currency in free fall as President Donald Trump escalated a feud with Ankara by doubling tariffs on metals imports.

The lira has long been falling on worries about Erdogan's influence over monetary policy and worsening relations with the United States. That turned into a rout on Friday, with the lira diving as much as 18 percent at one point, the biggest one-day drop since Turkey's 2001 financial crisis.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...rency-crashes-record-125345544--business.html

-

The only way to deal with people like Erdogan is to not capitulate. Germany goes soft on him, allowing him to be more belligerent towards Germany.

20. Quequeg Banned Banned

Good, even though I am sure it is done for the wrong reasons, I like the policy.