Trump predicting violence by the left if Republicans lose in the midterms

It is a means of describing something that is done in haste and without regard for the consequences. Which is what definitely happened with the ObamaCare repeal and other such stuff.

I'm sure a lot of people benefiting from that, felt that it was done "violently".

Sounds like you will do anything to make Trumps words fit. You think passing the ACA was violent?

Donald Trump is of course RIGHT!!!

The left plans to impeach a duly elected President and the Left has always shown themselves to be the more violent of the 2 groups.

Clinton was impeached for lying.
Trump would be impeached for lying and more. Please point me to your outrage over the Clinton impeachment

Trump has done something to the brains of his bots. They will literally believe anything he says and it’s freaking weird.

Someone just said passing the ACA was considered violent. Seriously what happened to you guys?

I predict more violence if they lose.

Trump is an idiot and his base are idiots

I agree with this though. I wish we could be smarter and not play in to his divisive bullshit.
We won't be seeing a "beer summit" from this fat-ass.
I would bet money he will never have an "Americans need to come together to work towards a mutually beneficial future" moment.
Nothing elevating. Nothing inspiring.

Just "I'm right and fuck everyone who disagrees with me".

This president deserves to burn in hell for a hot minute.

I predict more violence if they lose.

This.

Although, I think people will be civil enough for the most part after the midterms. It's 2020 that is gonna get ugly no matter what happens. The National Guard better be on alert for that shit.

Sounds like you will do anything to make Trumps words fit. You think passing the ACA was violent?

Eh, not really. That's just my personal interpretation of what he means.

He's a person who often partakes in hyperbole and exaggeration, and creates narratives that often predict doom & gloom unless his will is obeyed.

He uses terms that have a negative connotation, like "violence", "violently", referring to scenes of legitimate violence, to paint the picture that his voters are well and truly fucked unless they keep voting for him. That any political action by the left, will be marked by that same hatred and disdain as the acts of violence by the Antifa-types.

This statement was a plea for votes, not a prediction of violence on Trump's part. He's using the image of violence and "violent action" to strengthen his case.

You can use it, certainly, as a way to discredit his words and credibility as a speaker, but I think at this point everybody knows that you are not supposed to take everything that comes out of his mouth literally.

My point is that the threat is overblown. Also, please explain what policies the left will overturn

Go ahead and fill that out. thanks

Well it depends on which definition I suppose.

Regarding politicians *violently overturning it
"in a very strong or vigorous manner." ;)

Regarding Antifa (who he mentions specifically in the same comment) they will continue to be as violent as they are now. Attacking Trump supporters, damaging property and so forth.

The three things Trump would be concerned about.

1. Subpoena power and non stop "investigations"
2. Veto power
3. Antfa protesting "violently" until dems push for impeachment

Trump needs an enemy at all times even if he has to create them, a dangerous trait to have for the President.

In his defense here, things did get a bit violent after he won his own election

I don't think saying this which comes across as telling righties to be ready to defend/fight back is the correct way though. Prez should be the calming voice urging caution no matter the outcome of these elections, but we all know that's beyond Trump's ability

There likely be violence from the Lib, SJW, LGBTQ, Antifa, etc, etc if the Repubs win.

edit Trump seems to be winning trade war.

There good people on both sides. Both sides

There likely be violence from the Lib, SJW, LGBTQ, Antifa, etc, etc if the Repubs win.

edit Trump seems to be winning trade war.
There likely be violence from the right, white power, backwards-looking, nonthinking, etc, etc if the Dems win.

edit Donald Trump is without honor, character, and honesty

There likely be violence from the right, white power, backwards-looking, nonthinking, etc, etc if the Dems win.

Exactly. If Dems win the right will be more violent than ever.

Thread is delusional screeching.
Gee, I wonder why he might be predicting the left act will violent and unhinged...
Could it be that the left's behavior itself is the indicator behind such a prediction?
More spergy TDS, replete with claims that he can't fill a stadium.
<45>

No, that was Hillary the Cunt.

but he appears to be winning this trade war so far. If he does end up winning by the time he leaves office, then I dont think history can really see him as anything other than #MAGA

I like how the party that constantly fantasized for 8 years of starting civil war are the ones predicting other people will be violent.

<Kpop775>

Here's a question.
"If we don't win, violent things will happen" is basically a dog whistle.
Is that kind of rhetoric fit for a CIC?

Back