Crime Trump orders a slowdown of COVID-19 testing because new cases make him look bad

Good. The panic and reaction has been far worse than this ridiculous virus. Enough already

I'm not blaming them entirely. Madmick is a bit too harsh on them, imo. But common sense has to tell you that those protests were not a good idea in the middle of a pandemic.
I agree with this entirely. <JackieThumbsUp>

Good. The panic and reaction has been far worse than this ridiculous virus. Enough already
What could be more of a panic induced reaction than not wanting hard data to combat the virus because it might negatively impact your reelection?

The panic and reaction are worse than 100,000 dead Americans and a half million dead people around the globe?
Half a million people dead in a world population of 7 billion? Shit, better stop everything

What could be more of a panic induced reaction than not wanting hard data to combat the virus because it might negatively impact your reelection?
Hard data suggests it isnt worth all we've done over it. Especially considering the fact that mostly everyone dying from it is old and compromised

Half a million people dead in a world population of 7 billion? Shit, better stop everything
So, you would rather your fellow Americans die from disease than support politicians and policies that actually address overpopulation and environmental degradation? That sounds like fascism bud. Youve outed yourself as openly supporting fascism.

States need to run they own shit; work together regionally. He's a moron, but this is a good move. I trust New Yorkers to look after New York and so on. If you fuck it up, you wont be in a job for very long. Its a good feedback loop.

I get what you are saying but then you have to rely on the states to provide testing results. What if states kick the can down the road like Texas and make it city duty? What if the city kicks it down to county? See where this goes?

Also, this decision might get less flak If it didn’t come on the heels of baby Trump crying about testing. It’s surprising because increase testing could be spun into a win but Trump fucked that up when he decided to take control of the virus response. Once he gets bored of something and moves on its next to impossible for him to go back.

So, you would rather your fellow Americans die from disease than support politicians and policies that actually address overpopulation and environmental degradation? That sounds like fascism bud. Youve outed yourself as openly supporting fascism.

At this rate people will start thinking Hitler had the right idea. Who gets to decide who lives and dies?

Hard data suggests it isnt worth all we've done over it. Especially considering the fact that mostly everyone dying from it is old and compromised
<TrumpWrong1>

When we did nothing our hospitals were reaching capacity. We've quarantined and the numbers are much better do precisely to that reason. And whatever the case may be let's deal with it competently by studying the data not by trying to bury it.

You should have called the cops on the guy for spitting on you.
Management called the police but the individual had already gotten in his vehicle and left. About 6 months ago we had an individual threaten to come back with a shotgun and shoot all of us. Needless to say we kicked him out of the place, called the police who ended up calling him. From what I was told the person apologized profusely to the police then called us asking if he would be allowed back in and I was like nope sorry sir but after that I don't feel comfortable having you in here

The panic and reaction are worse than 100,000 dead Americans and a half million dead people around the globe?

How many people EXTRA have died. That is the number I want. People die. People have always died. Every human will die. So how many extra people have been killed that would have otherwise would not have?

The regular flu does a very good job of murking the weak. So is this super flu just doing a better job?

@Hadron90

You guys are a couple of dopes. You should recruit @genecop and the three of you can play the deaf, dumb, and blind monkeys. {<diva}
facts and numbers, what are they?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

view the chart for yourself, daily deaths still dropping, keep your head in the sand. More testing is revealing that case fatality is shrinking even further.

hospitalization rates also falling: https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_3.html

the data is in front of your face, and instead, you let others think for you <DisgustingHHH>

there are states that have increased as the virus fluctuates, but to pretend we're not on a downward trend of the virus season is simply ignoring the strongest indicators, like trading stocks on a five minute timeline.

Experts say they have not been asked to slow testing

"Fauci, as well as Robert Redfield, MD, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Admiral Brett Giroir, assistant secretary for health at the US Department of Health and Human Service, all emphatically stated throughout the hearing that they had never been asked to slow down testing or restrict testing by President Trump.

On Jun 20, Trump said at a campaign rally in Tulsa that he asked people to test less so they would stop finding so many new cases.

"None of us have ever been told to slow down on testing. … In fact, we will be doing more testing," Fauci said"

Temporally... yes.

Geographically and demographically... I’m unconvinced.
The surges have been most acute in states heaviest with metropolitan areas where there were the largest protests, and in fact, this includes states that had previously returned to normalcy with no increase (ex. Florida, Georgia). Furthermore, while we expect more young people to be detected due to the better screening of asymptomatic people, the demographic most heavily affected, this demographic has by far seen the greatest influx of new cases, which stands in contrast to past ratios.

So, yes, geographically and demographically...the Floyd/#BLM protests have been hands down the cause of the second wave in the USA. Those protests are going to cost tens of thousands of lives by the time this second wave has finished.

Back