Trump Now Seems Fine With Letting North Korea Keep Its Nukes

trump is trying get along and bring peace over there .. he's trying to do the 'right thing' .. no one said it was going to be easy dealing with that chubby bastard
That's debatable. You can argue he was just looking for political points and a chance at a Nobel. We did get some soldiers' remains back but at some point we need to restart our joint military exercises in the region. It does seem he gave up a lot, including giving the regime legitimacy, without having laid any real framework to achieving NK denuclearization.

Not possible.

The President said we could all sleep well tonight and that "there is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea."

Why would he lie about that?

you're talking about a guy who wanted to invade Venezuela

We are all so thankful for you very same, well adjusted libs. If not for you unrustled, level headed, well planned politics we may have never gotten Donald J Trump elected president.

<Gordonhat>
A tip of the hat to the Russians and establishment Republicans that sold out the country because they thought they'd be able to control the control freak. :p

spin spin spin....overly dramatic and pouty.

as for the OP, each day it seems like what we all thought was true is coming to light. kim was not sincere, and i wager trump and moon were not either. all will still benefit with their base, and will be able to blame the backsliding on the other guy.
Moon is probably sincere since it's his Capitol that will be destroyed in case of war. He probably has a better chance at a peace prize than Trump.

Last edited:
What do I think they should be? I think America should immediately ramp up economic and political measures against China. I'm talking parking a naval fleet in the south China sea, sanctions, start talking about Taiwan a lot, everything.

With North Korea maintain and increase sanctions as much as possible and massacre any smugglers. Leave NK to do what will inevitably happen, military coup.

If Kim isnt sincerely trying to compromise on an olive branch like this, it's very clear a deal can never be made so I'd be inclined to support a military strike too. It would be messy but at least we'd get it over with.

Not what you think they should be. I mean, what are the actual consequences. If you want someone to cooperate, they have to know the consequences of uncooperation. I don't recall any consequences ever being outlined, but maybe I'm wrong?

And I'm sure that opinion has absolutely nothing to do with your ow political leanings...

I said it's a publication on the Left...so...

Have you read Slate? What about it seems like fake news?

If we can determine that Kim is lying about his cooperation then I'll be on board. But all we have is some preliminary talks about improving relationships and a final goal of denuclearization. This thing has barely started yet.

So I'll reserve judgment until something more tangible occurs. I'm not as optimistic as I once was, but the idea this is already over is more anti trump propaganda.
Ttue but at this point it doesn't look promising.

What do I think they should be? I think America should immediately ramp up economic and political measures against China. I'm talking parking a naval fleet in the south China sea, sanctions, start talking about Taiwan a lot, everything.

With North Korea maintain and increase sanctions as much as possible and massacre any smugglers. Leave NK to do what will inevitably happen, military coup.

If Kim isnt sincerely trying to compromise on an olive branch like this, it's very clear a deal can never be made so I'd be inclined to support a military strike too. It would be messy but at least we'd get it over with.
I mostly agree except for the coup and military strikes. There just doesn't seem to be a way to accomplish that without possibly having a bigger maniac running the country or the threat of nuclear bombs or materials being smuggled out of the country. Seoul would also probably suffer catastrophic destruction and casualties.

you're talking about a guy who wanted to invade Venezuela

giphy.gif

Story: https://slate.com/news-and-politics...-with-letting-north-korea-keep-its-nukes.html

"In return, the U.S. abandoned its demand that North Korea unilaterally give up its nuclear weapons...You may have thought it had something to do with North Korea agreeing to 'denuclearize' -- to give up its nuclear weapons. While no such commitment was in the actual document the leaders signed, Trump has repeatedly implied that was what the two leaders agreed to. But North Korea is not unilaterally disarming and has bristled at being told it should."

Yeap, saw this happening way back in June. NK will never get rid of its nuclear weapons. Only country that has ever done that was South Africa. So, I think NK managed to fool everyone and come out on top. Little Kim is pretty smart after all...

5Pm.gif

Brain fart, I meant Moon, not Kim. :oops:

i bet even with him though, in the back of his mind he was thinking, "this is bs."

maybe not, though. maybe kim is trying to liberalize a bit, and give up his nukes. that what he should do if he wants his own people to kill him.

i bet even with him though, in the back of his mind he was thinking, "this is bs."

maybe not, though. maybe kim is trying to liberalize a bit, and give up his nukes. that what he should do if he wants his own people to kill him.
It won't be easy to get him to give them up, especially not unilaterally, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

Oh yeah, you seem perfectly jovial and totally not an angry pouting douche who somehow worked in what a great president Obama was and how smart he is and how you and he should get an apartment together once this whole thing gets sorted out.

Obama wasn’t a smart guy? I’m not angry just because I post on a forum. Anger is you guys when a transgender wants equality, anger is you guys when a black kid wants a little help to go to school, anger is you guys when a Mexican comes here and just wants to work. That is anger.

Obama wasn’t a smart guy? I’m not angry just because I post on a forum. Anger is you guys when a transgender wants equality, anger is you guys when a black kid wants a little help to go to school, anger is you guys when a Mexican comes here and just wants to work. That is anger.

Too obvious.

Back