Trump Now Seems Fine With Letting North Korea Keep Its Nukes

Conservatives are so frustrating right now. Generally, I'm conservative on most issues because I respect the work and intelligence of our forefathers.

But now Trump is throwing away the script and, inexplicably, conservatives are the ones praising him. Instead of assuming that our previous presidents had good reason not to meet with the Kims, they just assume that Trump is smarter than everyone before him. It's anti-conservative and completely blind.

Blah blah shut the fuck up blah. Whine about something else.

Wait no......i want to BE that change.

The article mentions no such concession, and is merely drawing it's own conclusion based on Trump thanking KJU for returning the remains from the Korean war.

Fake news.

Satellite images show that NK is not disarming, but rather it is continuing to increase its capabilities.

There is not written agreement even suggesting they will.

They have not even disclosed what is in their arsenal, which is typically ar least a preliminary step in disarming.

He doesn’t get to me like you wish he did. Our side is winning bigly. The trump presidency is helping the country and I’m grateful.

November will be fun
We are all so thankful for you very same, well adjusted libs. If not for you unrustled, level headed, well planned politics we may have never gotten Donald J Trump elected president.

<Gordonhat>

Anyone who posts that is really the rustled one... It's weird how Republicans hold the Supreme Court, Presidency and congress but I still feel like libs are constantly winning. I laugh at Trump on a daily basis and it's now so easy to separate smart people from the absolute trash of society.

Trump really is making America great and us libs love it!!

It's Mueller Time!!

{<jimmies}

Honestly though who fucking cares. Those dirtbags won't use them becsuse we will wipe them off the face of the map if they use them for anything. Fuck their women and children. The only other option is to instigate a coup

Satellite images show that NK is not disarming, but rather it is continuing to increase its capabilities.

There is not written agreement even suggesting they will.

They have not even disclosed what is in their arsenal, which is typically ar least a preliminary step in disarming.

You're free to believe what you want. My point is, that this article and this thread, is presented like it's a new official position the White House has taken, when it's just a worthless op-ed. Just look at the posts in this thread, believing that this is an official position the White House has taken. I think I'm the only one in here who actually read the article. It has as much merit as anyone in here speculating over the whole deal.

Those dirtbags won't use them becsuse we will wipe them off the face of the map if they use them for anything.

They can't use them because it will not fit on a plane or missile. It will fit on a large truck though...

trump is trying get along and bring peace over there .. he's trying to do the 'right thing' .. no one said it was going to be easy dealing with that chubby bastard

Anyone who posts that is really the rustled one... It's weird how Republicans hold the Supreme Court, Presidency and congress but I still feel like libs are constantly winning. I laugh at Trump on a daily basis and it's now so easy to separate smart people from the absolute trash of society.

Trump really is making America great and us libs love it!!

It's Mueller Time!!
Trump is a joke... In every possible way. There is a reason smart person Obama didn't want to meet with Jung Un. Obama was a president that actually knew what he was doing like most presidents before him.

To Trump meeting Jung Un is like meeting anyone on the street. Trump knows nothing about the guy, clearly didn't do his homework and is just an orange buffoon
Oh yeah, you seem perfectly jovial and totally not an angry pouting douche who somehow worked in what a great president Obama was and how smart he is and how you and he should get an apartment together once this whole thing gets sorted out.

I think I'm the only one in here who actually read the article.

No, I read it too.
"Slate is an online magazine that covers current affairs, politics, and culture in the United States from a liberal perspective."

Chump is desperate to throw up any bullshit to declare as a victory. So much winning.

If bad shit happens to us under his watch, we are soooo fucked.

spin spin spin....overly dramatic and pouty.

as for the OP, each day it seems like what we all thought was true is coming to light. kim was not sincere, and i wager trump and moon were not either. all will still benefit with their base, and will be able to blame the backsliding on the other guy.

I've stated in the previous NK threads, if we're in good terms with them, why would we de-nuke them?

Story: https://slate.com/news-and-politics...-with-letting-north-korea-keep-its-nukes.html

"In return, the U.S. abandoned its demand that North Korea unilaterally give up its nuclear weapons...You may have thought it had something to do with North Korea agreeing to 'denuclearize' -- to give up its nuclear weapons. While no such commitment was in the actual document the leaders signed, Trump has repeatedly implied that was what the two leaders agreed to. But North Korea is not unilaterally disarming and has bristled at being told it should."

Yeap, saw this happening way back in June. NK will never get rid of its nuclear weapons. Only country that has ever done that was South Africa. So, I think NK managed to fool everyone and come out on top. Little Kim is pretty smart after all...

Is Kim that smart or Trump that stupid?<seedat>

Fine or not, anyone who believed Trump had some say in the matter was deceiving themselves.

Yeah, that isn’t a surprise.

All this deal with NK accomplished was a few empty promises and a photo-op.

Meanwhile, those who loved it called the Iran Deal one of the worst in history, despite it having actual terms each side was bound by, regular inspections to make sure the deal was being followed, approval of the international community, a benefit to both sides, etc.

Trump supporters are a hypocritical bunch, but this isn’t new.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. Fake news.

Slate is a really solid publication. They're Left, but they do good work.

Just because some people may have misinterpreted an artivle doesn't mean the article is fake news.

If we can determine that Kim is lying about his cooperation then I'll be on board. But all we have is some preliminary talks about improving relationships and a final goal of denuclearization. This thing has barely started yet.

So I'll reserve judgment until something more tangible occurs. I'm not as optimistic as I once was, but the idea this is already over is more anti trump propaganda.

If we can determine that Kim is lying about his cooperation then I'll be on board. But all we have is some preliminary talks about improving relationships and a final goal of denuclearization. This thing has barely started yet.

So I'll reserve judgment until something more tangible occurs. I'm not as optimistic as I once was, but the idea this is already over is more anti trump propaganda.

What are the consequences if he doesn't cooperate?

What are the consequences if he doesn't cooperate?

What do I think they should be? I think America should immediately ramp up economic and political measures against China. I'm talking parking a naval fleet in the south China sea, sanctions, start talking about Taiwan a lot, everything.

With North Korea maintain and increase sanctions as much as possible and massacre any smugglers. Leave NK to do what will inevitably happen, military coup.

If Kim isnt sincerely trying to compromise on an olive branch like this, it's very clear a deal can never be made so I'd be inclined to support a military strike too. It would be messy but at least we'd get it over with.

Back