Trump Is President Because White People’s Votes Count More in America (Full Proof and Sourcing)

That gap largely was the result of one state - California.

This goes back to whether a narrow geographic region should have all the power or not.

a representative democracy should represent the will of he people. trump is the first president in history who categorically does not have the will of the people behind him.

the other 4 examples were close popular votes and 3 of them were well over 100 years ago.

to lose the popular vote by over 3 million and still win makes a mockery out of your representative democracy.

I'm assuming the main points have been covered? Not a pure democracy. Never was, never will be. Point is to let states decide President, not general population. Want states balanced so that big states cannot completely overwhelm small states.

If you don't like it, move to another state.

3million more people voted for the candidate that lost.

i dont know how you can play that down.

Quite easily. She won ONE state by 4.3 million votes. There's your "popular vote" in a nutshell. It's a terribly flawed system, that ignores the whole United "STATES" of America thing.

When they abolish state lines and the country becomes one, you'll have an argument. Until then, the electoral college is most fair an balanced way to elect a leader of the country. It's a system that gives everyone a voice, and it's STILL a system that favors pandering to the big states. It's just not the be all end all of the election, nor should it be.

a representative democracy should represent the will of he people. trump is the first president in history who categorically does not have the will of the people behind him.

the other 4 examples were close popular votes and 3 of them were well over 100 years ago.

to lose the popular vote by over 3 million and still win makes a mockery out of your representative democracy.

I disagree. The overlooked element is that the states themselves are vastly different in regards to local details. Things like access to rivers, minerals, forest land, etc. So you need a way to ensure that the states are properly represented, not just the population itself.

Quite easily. She won ONE state by 4.3 million votes. There's your "popular vote" in a nutshell. It's a terribly flawed system, that ignores the whole United "STATES" of America thing.

When they abolish state lines and the country becomes one, you'll have an argument. Until then, the electoral college is most fair an balanced way to elect a leader of the country. It's a system that gives everyone a voice, and it's STILL a system that favors pandering to the big states. It's just not the be all end all of the election, nor should it be.

doesnt really matter how you or your friend play it, thats simply not true. she won a lot of votes in other states too, or california wouldnt have mattered.

one person one vote.

she won.

its a system that gives some people a demonstrable stronger voice than others. your system persists on the logic that some people are more equal than others.

Spare me. The right wing is all for states rights...unless you're talking about gay marriage, cannibis legalization, etc. There's plenty of hypocrisy on all sides.

Now you're just going all over the place. Of course there's hypocrisy on both sides. Stick to the topic at hand though. The Presidential Election. Popular VS Electoral.

I disagree. The overlooked element is that the states themselves are vastly different in regards to local details. Things like access to rivers, minerals, forest land, etc. So you need a way to ensure that the states are properly represented, not just the population itself.

surely you have separate elections for that.

anyways you cut it, your system is giving some people what amounts to more votes than others.

as previously stated, black people are losing 1 vote in 20 and hispanics are losing 1 vote in 10.

if that were white people being disenfranchised on racial lines thered be civil war.

So someone from a different country doesn't like how our democratic Republic works.

You fail to understand we a nation of states and we're always intended to be.

If you are happy with how you get things done fine because we are.

This is just more crying and I'm not sure why you are crying so hard when you don't live here.

this is probably going to get worse, which means it probably needs to be dealt with.

how often are electoral college seats reviewed?
It's correlated to census data, so every 10 years. Of course, the states manage their own districts, so the dominant party can gerrymander as they see fit. That's the bigger problem. Texas will always box in the Democrats, and California will always box in the Republicans.

So someone from a different country doesn't like how our democratic Republic works.

You fail to understand we a nation of states and we're always intended to be.

If you are happy with how you get things done fine because we are.

This is just more crying and I'm not sure why you are crying so hard when you don't live here.

you didnt mind when it was russia....

im sure north korea responds to criticism in the same way.

as a world nation you should expect world comments. let me know when you go back to isolationism and not interfering with others.

No she didn't. She won an election based on an imaginary system that doesn't exist. That's not winning. That's fantasy.

she won the popular vote by 3 million people and its the first time anything like this has happened in the history of USA.

keep trying to play it down.

i think the democrats are taking it well. if trump won the popular vote by 3 million and lost the election, there would be people getting killed across america right now.

she won the popular vote by 3 million people and its the first time anything like this has happened in the history of USA.

It doesn't matter. It never has mattered. It never will matter.

i think the democrats are taking it well

LULZ.

if trump won the popular vote by 3 million and lost the election, there would be people getting killed across america right now.

I guess we'll never know, because Trump won the election based on the only system that matters.

Get over it.

They both knew the rules and knew that you had to win the electoral college in order to become president...Trump ran a smarter campaign and by far outworked Hillary in the final weeks, she doesn't have the stamina to campaign or to be president...Trump is president because of the stupidity and failed leadership of the Dems and due to Obama being a complete pussy, he is a doormat, no country takes his threats seriously...no more...an alpha POTUS has arrived who can deal with the likes of Putin and other strong leaders...

I'm assuming the main points have been covered? Not a pure democracy. Never was, never will be. Point is to let states decide President, not general population. Want states balanced so that big states cannot completely overwhelm small states.

If you don't like it, move to another state.

there are very few pure democracies, its not a defense to disenfranchise the people. you dont have a crystal ball. why let people vote at all? because the point is to represent the will of the people through a representative democracy. the point of democracy is no taxation without representation and no revolution either. and the point of balancing out the states isnt to stop big states from being big, its to represent everyone. there is no balance here, only a profound imbalance and unlike your privileged self, not everyone can get up and move, and nor should they have to.

you live in a democracy and you are telling people if they dont like it, leave. your job is to represent the will of the people, not to dictate to them.

It doesn't matter. It never has mattered. It never will matter.

LULZ.

I guess we'll never know, because Trump won the election based on the only system that matters.

Get over it.

well its never happened before, so you cant pretend to know how much it will matter, or how much it would have mattered before.

thats like saying - aliens just landed, never mattered before, never will matter.

dude - wtf are you talking about?

They both knew the rules and knew that you had to win the electoral college in order to become president...Trump ran a smarter campaign and by far outworked Hillary in the final weeks, she doesn't have the stamina to campaign or to be president...Trump is president because of the stupidity and failed leadership of the Dems and due to Obama being a complete pussy, he is a doormat, no country takes his threats seriously...no more...an alpha POTUS has arrived who can deal with the likes of Putin and other strong leaders...
blah blah blah. unprecedented situation in 56 previous elections, and 3 million more people voted for her.

and thats either a coincidence that had to happen sometime, or a symptom of a demographic/population shift that hasnt been addressed and will get worse until dealt with.

you cant have blacks and hispanics with votes worth less than whites, by up to 10%. thats a racial issue and a rigged system.

well its never happened before, so you cant pretend to know how much it will matter, or how much it would have mattered before.

thats like saying - aliens just landed, never mattered before, never will matter.

dude - wtf are you talking about?

Shhhh....

It's over. Hillary lost. The popular vote will never be implemented.

Go take a juice box break.

keep trying to play it down.

i think the democrats are taking it well. if trump won the popular vote by 3 million and lost the election, there would be people getting killed across america right now.
Killed across America right now? Last I checked only legitimately sourced real world attacks have been happening against trump supporters. Also you fail to remember the shear amount of rioting, racial tension and killing happening under a democrats rule this past 8 years. Give it a rest man.

The electoral college was set in place so New York and Boston wouldn't have the entire say in an election, now it is for New York and California to not take an election, the country's founders were against mob rule, for good reason. You get a segment of the population whipped up into a fury over some falso flag (gun control, Russia, BLM) and you flget people blindly voting for whoever you tell them to. With our system you get people of differing viewpoints looking at issues and voting how they feel, and again, New York and California are now so deeply Blue that a ton of conservatives don't even bother with elections anymore

surely you have separate elections for that.

anyways you cut it, your system is giving some people what amounts to more votes than others.

as previously stated, black people are losing 1 vote in 20 and hispanics are losing 1 vote in 10.

if that were white people being disenfranchised on racial lines thered be civil war.

You're completely wrong because you completely misunderstand that system. No one in the U.S. votes for the President. You vote to assign your state's electoral votes (sort of). Everyone's votes are equal...within their state. Which is how the system is designed to work.

2 different elections take place. intra-state elections where people vote to assign electoral votes. Interstate elections where states vote to elect a Presidency.

A black person in Wisconsin has the same voting power as a white person in Wisconsin. A Hispanic person in Mass. has the same voting power as everyone else in Mass. Your error is that you're thinking about our elections as national elections when, in reality, we only vote in state elections. We don't vote on anything nationally.

Back