Trump is getting railed for mentioning white farmers in SA

oooh one person.... what a fucking hero.
He also conveniently forgot who Duke was when asked about Duke's support of him during the election. You know, when he had a certain group of voters to appeal to.

I will say that while I do agree that his comments on South Africa fit into a pattern of winking and nodding at white victimhood politics I don't think its necessarily helpful to focus so much on everything he says. It turns coverage of Trump into white noise since each week its something new to cry about and as a result substantive discussion of his policy ends up flying under the radar.
You're absolutely right, but how do we address this all? Ignoring so much only pushes things further in to the extreme. Which then pulls the middle further in to that direction and causes the opposing side to counter with their own extremes. The country suffers in the long term if we ignore too much. It's crazy that Trump being an oaf at nearly every step benefits him so much, because it really became white noise before he was even in office. It's the idea of Trump more than anything that his supporters love, and that has opened up the floodgates to the swamp and made it deeper than ever because policies and actions don't matter, it's all about what they say.

You're absolutely right, but how do we address this all? Ignoring so much only pushes things further in to the extreme. Which then pulls the middle further in to that direction and causes the opposing side to counter with their own extremes. The country suffers in the long term if we ignore too much. It's crazy that Trump being an oaf at nearly every step benefits him so much, because it really became white noise before he was even in office. It's the idea of Trump more than anything that his supporters love, and that has opened up the floodgates to the swamp and made it deeper than ever because policies and actions don't matter, it's all about what they say.
Yeah there's a fine line between overreacting and underreacting and I can't say I know exactly where it is. But I do feel that the current climate is dominated more so by an overreaction than an underreaction.

fixed for ya

Do you honestly feel this way? You feel like most white people weren't aware of the challenges they were facing until Donald started telling them? Or maybe they were already aware and having Donald recognize and validate their experience is comforting?

Yeah there's a fine line between overreacting and underreacting and I can't say I know exactly where it is. But I do feel that the current climate is dominated more so by an overreaction than an underreaction.
That's exactly why I denounced the protests when Trump won the election. It created a wave of apathy when it came to the people who weren't invested either way in him. There hasn't been a week that's gone by that hasn't had a new headline about what he's done wrong. But when it started over him simply winning and getting more ice cream, the bar was lowered to a point of triviality. The right is absolutely correct when they say that's why he got elected, at least a very big factor in the grand scheme.

Was it genius or literal dumb luck? And which one is scarier?

I don't think Donald Trump is racist either, but it seems pretty obvious that he has been using race as a political tool since he started running for office, no? Do you agree that part of his political strategy is to stoke up feelings of victimhood in white people? From talking his MAGA campaign slogan to talking about the opiod epidemic to arguing in favor of coal mining jobs to saying "both sides" are good people during Charlottesville while balling black athletes SOBs to highlighting this racialized incident in SA. Does this all seem incidental to you? Does it not seem like a deliberate campaign to make white people feel like they are being attacked from many angles?
Purposefully leaving out him reaching out to the back community specifically or trying to start prison reform makes it seem like you do

Purposefully leaving out him reaching out to the back community specifically or trying to start prison reform makes it seem like you do
Whoa, what is this about prison reform?!

He also conveniently forgot who Duke was when asked about Duke's support of him during the election. You know, when he had a certain group of voters to appeal to.

Maybe he "conveniently" forgot about it because he didn't want to honor such a question with an answer.

Trump knows the game, and he knows that when the journalist gets you to answer a "gotcha question", such as "what do you think about David Duke supporting you?", they've already won.

I mean, what would you expect Obama to answer if he's asked about how he feels about Louis Farrakhan, or some guy like that, supporting him?

According to Israeli media, a photographer was asked not to run with a photo of Obama with Farrakhan, in order to protect his public image. So these sorts of "memory blanks" regarding politically inconvenient individuals, happen not only to Trump.

You lost
Get over it
"good people..... on both sides"...... a bit more recent, and when it mattered.

oh and "lost" what? do you claim little victories on here to make yourself feel big?

Maybe he "conveniently" forgot about it because he didn't want to honor such a question with an answer.

Trump knows the game, and he knows that when the journalist gets you to answer a "gotcha question", such as "what do you think about David Duke supporting you?", they've already won.

I mean, what would you expect Obama to answer if he's asked about how he feels about Louis Farrakhan, or some guy like that, supporting him?

According to Israeli media, a photographer was asked not to run with a photo of Obama with Farrakhan, in order to protect his public image. So these sorts of "memory blanks" regarding politically inconvenient individuals, happen not only to Trump.
<{cruzshake}>

3a7.jpg

Jesus Christ. SA specifically targets whites and progressives say anyone talking about it is engaging in identity politics. These people are a defect

Back